PDA

View Full Version : Newby from Rockhampton, Qld.

ecrusty
7th January 2011, 01:07 PM
Hi all,
I'm a newby from Rockhampton, Qld. We are in the middle of a major flood at the moment and so the family and I haven't been able to get off the beaten track this xmas.
I have a silver '05 GU 3.0 TD ST wagon. I bought it second hand in '07 with 35,000 k's on it. All I have done to it so far is a 2.5" lift from TJM and 305/65R17 ProComp Extreme All Terrains on the original alloy wheels.
I have not had to touch it until last week when it decided to lose all the coolant. After servicing the system and the car I thought I had fixed it but a week later I noticed it had started to do it again. This time I think I can see that it is coming from the bottom radiator hose.
So that is the next job....replace top and bottom hoses, I may as well throw a new thermostat in as well while I'm at it and tighten the 'brazillion' clamps on all the other hoses and see how it goes.
I'll keep you posted!!

Bob
7th January 2011, 01:26 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forum
I feel for you in respect of the floods and hope that you are OK.

DX grunt
7th January 2011, 01:33 PM
G'day ecrusty

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here. Lots about the QLD floods on WA TV.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Dhuck
7th January 2011, 01:34 PM
Welcome to the forum ecrusty. Always good to have another Qld member.

ecrusty
7th January 2011, 03:02 PM
My thanks for all your well wishes.
The water isn't really affecting me as such but there are a couple of hundred homes here with water covering the yard at the very least.
Every day they reckon the water going through Rocky could easily fill Sydney Harbour at least once.
The Fitzroy River which flows through Rockhampton has the second largest catchment in Australia (I think the Murray/Darling is the biggest) so just imagine a river that is in flood for over a thousand kilometres and you can imagine the amount of people doing it tough. I heard one report say that the area of land covered by water is somewhere near the size of Victoria.
Again thanks for thinking of us. If you have a desire to donate to the flood appeal for those who need it, all the major banks are collecting.

whitestickle
7th January 2011, 03:29 PM
welcome to the forum mate

Woof
7th January 2011, 03:58 PM
Welcome Ecrusty, enjoy the forum mate

wildgu6
7th January 2011, 06:51 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome aboard the Trol express,
Simply the best forum around. Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well and lots of pics to check out. We love em

Our thoughts are with you up there buddy, Stay strong and hang in there

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
7th January 2011, 09:21 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Ecrusty. I will be donating. Just a thought, while replacing radiator hoses, do the heater hoses too. These are usually as old as radiator hoses and often fail some time after you do the big ones.

Tim

ecrusty
7th January 2011, 11:13 PM
I wish I could do them all at the same time, Tim.
I think Nissan had shares in a rubber plantation when they designed the 3.0 TD.
I would much rather be replacing the hoses on my old man's 4.2 GQ.
That said, your advise is good and I will be replacing them all in the coming months.

YNOT
7th January 2011, 11:20 PM
Welcome to the forum Ecrusty.

Tony

Col.T
8th January 2011, 12:46 PM
I wish I could do them all at the same time, Tim.
I think Nissan had shares in a rubber plantation when they designed the 3.0 TD.
I would much rather be replacing the hoses on my old man's 4.2 GQ.
That said, your advise is good and I will be replacing them all in the coming months.
You're right there mate.
I,ve just gone from a TD42 to an '08 3.0 and I'm thinking after servicing the old one this one looks just plain fugly under the bonnet.
Good luck all round mate
Col.

AB
8th January 2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Ecrusty, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
8th January 2011, 05:57 PM
G'Day and welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:41 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. (sorry for the copy and paste introduction, but been away for over a week and a lot of catching up to do!!! LOL). Great to have another Queenslander on board!!!! As you've no doubt noticed, heaps of useful information, great people and a good laugh to be had on the forum so make the most of it and get amongst the conversations. Don't forget to throw a few happy snaps of the rig up in the members ride section - we never get bored of looking at them!!!

patch697
10th January 2011, 01:20 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.