PDA

View Full Version : Rear air conditioning

coolummatt
17th August 2013, 08:15 PM
Hi. Just a quick question. I have a 96 Ti with the duel zone air con and the rear cooler. I can't work out how to get the rear air vents to work with the air con. Can I control it from up front or is it only via the rear control?

Thanks in advance.

boots
17th August 2013, 09:46 PM
Hi coolummatt . I have an 04 GU with dual zone air , it has a power on / off switch at the front near the cig lighter fitting . For the rear to work you need to have the front air con going and the power switch to " on " at the front before you get life at the rear .

coolummatt
17th August 2013, 10:19 PM
I have a GQ. It doesn't seem to have a switch like that. The only switch I can see is the rear cooler switch. But there is also a temp and fan switch in the back just behind the back seat, its hard to get to while on the move unless there is someone third row. Im just not sure if the rear cooler switch controls the rear air con and the cooler

my third 256
18th August 2013, 11:54 AM
had a 96 ti and you need the front a/c on to run the back

menace 2
18th August 2013, 09:27 PM
it works from both ends Matt..I have it in mine and you just leave the settings to on and cool etc at the rear controls...they dont do anything until you activate the switch near the ashtray...and as said before...you do need to have the air con on in the front before anything works in the back....you dont have to control anything in the back ...just leave them pre-set...if anyone is in the back then they can change the settings to suit it in the back....mine (in the back ) is always set on coldest and high , and dont need to touch it