PDA

View Full Version : Gday from WA!

RedDragon
7th January 2011, 12:27 PM
New to the forums.

I have a 2001 Patrol, my favourite car to date, why?
I barely get speeding tickets anymore, i used to own a XRJ 1300, speeding galore
The MRS hasnt managed to break this .. the best she has done is rip the ariel off

So for those reason, I think ill always own a patrol.

But what bought me here is my patrol started making a sucking sound when it gets up in the revs, like your sucking air through your teeth, it sounded like hard work for it.

It started after driving thru the wheatbelt in WA, I might have been driving through some just harvested land near dowerin!

Then I stumbled on this site with the manuals
Then it said, no manuals without signing up!
Then it still said no manuals untill you reach 25 posts .. ?!?!?

So ill start here, and maybe ill get 25 posts after a few years :)

Anyways, it looks like you have a top community here and looking forward to browsing further!

the evil twin
7th January 2011, 12:32 PM
Hiya cobber... and Welcome.

Wack a post up in the GU section of General Board with your problem and the boys will try and help you... just add what engine/tranny setup IE Diesel Petty 3L 4.2 4.5 etcand whether you have any aftermarket stuff like exhaust mods etc

Bob
7th January 2011, 12:52 PM
Welcome to the Forum. There are quite a lot of knowledgeable people here and sure to help you out.
25 Post does not take that long

AB
7th January 2011, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the forum RedDragon. Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

25 posts is easy to get, just ask a couple of questions, post up your Patrol in the members rides section and join in some conversations and you'll be there in no time.

DX grunt
7th January 2011, 01:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Lived in the Wheatbelt myself. Merredin for 8 years.

It won't take long to get to 25. Just keep saying hello to everybody when they
introduce themselves and tell us a bit about your truck.

You'll be surprised how little time it takes.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

RustyNails
7th January 2011, 01:11 PM
Welcome RD
Hope you get your prob sorted

Paul

RedDragon
7th January 2011, 01:28 PM
We initially needed a 7 seater vehicle, I have a large family, so the patrol came out on top when looking around, bang for buck, style and just overall feel.

I pretty much fell in love with it right away, I nicknamed her 'Tank' the day I got her.

It kinda got handed over to the mrs due to me working in the city, didnt really need a tank anymore as the train took me to my works doorstep.

Since then my family got a bit bigger and we needed an 8 seater, enter the Toyota Tarago, (the Bus) So the wife started driving that around and I got my beloved tank back.

So now im moving into a stage of wanting to do some work on it as ive always tinkered with mechanics, rebuilt engines on motorbikes and such, plus we have a ton of dirtbikes, hence why we go to the wheatbelt a bit for riding.

This vehicle pulls 7 people + trailer + 4 dirtbikes + a ton of helmets and crap quite easily. This is why I love it.

I guess with all things, time and money are the biggest limiters in my life and with my brood consuming most of the money, its time I started doing a lot of stuff myself. (not to mention its quite fun and a responsible thing to do if you own a 4wd and doing long trips)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Dhuck
7th January 2011, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. "Tank" sounds like another truck I know of.

Woof
7th January 2011, 02:45 PM
Welcome, enjoy the forum mate why not check out this club http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?73-Western-Patrol-Club-Inc

RedDragon
7th January 2011, 02:56 PM
wow .. just checked out the pics, will go indepth into your site later, but those muddy tracks look fantastic .. I can see what ill be doing at winter!

the ferret
7th January 2011, 04:28 PM
New to the forums.

I have a 2001 Patrol, my favourite car to date, why?
I barely get speeding tickets anymore, i used to own a XRJ 1300, speeding galore
The MRS hasnt managed to break this .. the best she has done is rip the ariel off

So for those reason, I think ill always own a patrol.

But what bought me here is my patrol started making a sucking sound when it gets up in the revs, like your sucking air through your teeth, it sounded like hard work for it.

It started after driving thru the wheatbelt in WA, I might have been driving through some just harvested land near dowerin!

Then I stumbled on this site with the manuals
Then it said, no manuals without signing up!
Then it still said no manuals untill you reach 25 posts .. ?!?!?

So ill start here, and maybe ill get 25 posts after a few years :)

Anyways, it looks like you have a top community here and looking forward to browsing further!

Welcome mate, It may pay to have a look under and you may have picked up some straw, vibrating against the radiator or somewhere underneath or hitting the fan or shroud, seeing as you say it gets louder with revs, just a thought.

wildgu6
7th January 2011, 06:46 PM
Hey buddyl, Welcome aboard the Trol express,
Simply the best forum around. Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well and lots of pics to check out. We love em
I started here asking 1 question, now 400+ posts later, (No I'm not addicted), 25 posts wont take long at all.
And when you get them and your manual you wil be hooked as well..........lol

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
7th January 2011, 09:11 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House RedDragon. Look you are already on 8 posts. Say g'day to some new members, and join in on the general banter and you'll get to 25 in days.

Tim

Sir Roofy
8th January 2011, 11:56 AM
Welcome red dragon lots of fine folks on here

cheers roofy

Almost Dun
8th January 2011, 04:09 PM
Welcome mate im new here myself , seem like a great bunch and easy to step right in

Keep it fun and keep it safe

Cheers , Dylan

Maxhead
8th January 2011, 06:00 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:40 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. (sorry for the copy and paste introduction, but been away for over a week and a lot of catching up to do!!! LOL). As you've no doubt noticed, heaps of useful information, great people and a good laugh to be had on the forum so make the most of it and get amongst the conversations. Don't forget to throw a few happy snaps of the rig up in the members ride section - we never get bored of looking at them!!!

patch697
10th January 2011, 01:19 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.