PDA

View Full Version : Melbourne, how is this fricking wind?

Bloodyaussie
16th August 2013, 11:39 PM
This week and a half the wind has been off its guts mostly at night but tonight it seems to be a little more upset than normal....

So may trees down and intersections manned by police as the power is out...

I think for our snow trip we will need to have our chain saws as there will be a few trees down??

I hope Andy is ok at his place as he has a lot of trees in close proximity to his house??

anywho!!!!!

Chris79
16th August 2013, 11:53 PM
Living on a hill overlooking the Yarra Valley, it is certainly whistling through at the moment.

Bloodyaussie
17th August 2013, 12:02 AM
Living on a hill overlooking the Yarra Valley, it is certainly whistling through at the moment.

Hows the serenity??????

MEGOMONSTER
17th August 2013, 05:43 AM
SES were out in force last night, fair few trees down.

AB
17th August 2013, 07:26 AM
I drove down the beach last night and was just watching the trucks sway all over the road. Turned up down here all power out and everyone's house alarms going mad.

taslucas
17th August 2013, 07:45 AM
There's a massive wind surfing competition being held at marawah (north west tip of tas) today. It's the redbull world championships, so people coming from everywhere. Apparently they've waited a year to find the perfect location and conditions. Today is ment to be "the perfect storm". It would have been cool to go and check it out but I'm going 4wding:-)

threedogs
17th August 2013, 07:50 AM
Too right windy as, no damage but plenty of trees down , and I reckon a few weakened for next time.
They say its at Hotham, so A few chainsaws for the guys going away that's for sure.

AB
17th August 2013, 07:57 AM
Too right windy as, no damage but plenty of trees down , and I reckon a few weakened for next time.
They say its at Hotham, so A few chainsaws for the guys going away that's for sure.

Good point, we might be the first ones on some of those tracks.

Chris79
17th August 2013, 08:54 AM
Hows the serenity??????

Wasnt so good last night lol, ok again this morning.

Hodge
17th August 2013, 08:57 AM
Means a lot of overtime for me being a liney. lol
But yeh last night I was watching the radar as it was closing in, and yep work rang me ,probably 45 minutes later.

Winnie
17th August 2013, 08:59 AM
Driving down the Traf hill this morning was carnage, stuff all over the road!

lhurley
17th August 2013, 09:14 AM
I had a big branch jump out at me driving though the yarra valley yesterday. Luckily it fell just far enough infront I didn't have to run over the whole thing, just the end. It was probably nearly 2" thick.

happygu
17th August 2013, 09:31 AM
I had a big branch jump out at me driving though the yarra valley yesterday. Luckily it fell just far enough infront I didn't have to run over the whole thing, just the end. It was probably nearly 2" thick.

Ya sneaking around down here ..... checking out all our good stuff ...... our gum trees are programmed to keep Qldr's out ... :coffeetime:

Hope you are having a good time ! :smiley_thumbs_up:

Bloodyaussie
17th August 2013, 09:40 AM
Means a lot of overtime for me being a liney. lol
But yeh last night I was watching the radar as it was closing in, and yep work rang me ,probably 45 minutes later.

We were heading to Mudski's last night and there were a heap of you guys on Mckimmies rd dealing with trees fallen onto or close lines.......

Stick my head out and see if there is anything amiss.. so glad I cleaned up all the crap from my old kitchen yeserday otherwise it would be all over the neighbourhood.

Cuppa
17th August 2013, 10:05 AM
What wind? ............oh that wind................just another day up here! Haven't been out this morning to see if there are any more trees down.

Alitis007
17th August 2013, 10:15 AM
Throughout the last week i thought the roof of the workshop was going to end up somewhere in the northern suburbs lol it was funny watching it lifting. Last night tho driving north i was getting thrown around big time, but on the freeway heading to sunshine was pretty good with the northerly pushing me along. It almost felt like driving a boat having to steer off center to drive straight hahaha

taslucas
17th August 2013, 10:31 AM

Two inches thick!? Wo ! Did you have to winch over it?
Lmao

Alitis007
17th August 2013, 11:02 AM
Lmao

If he was in a GQ then i would say he might have had too!!

taslucas
17th August 2013, 11:08 AM
If he was in a GQ then i would say he might have had too!!

This is coming from someone that can't even handle a stocko GU on the black top!

Last night tho driving north i was getting thrown around big time, but on the freeway heading to sunshine was pretty good with the northerly pushing me along. It almost felt like driving a boat having to steer off center to drive straight hahaha

Alitis007
17th August 2013, 11:37 AM
This is coming from someone that can't even handle a stocko GU on the black top!

:D i can handle it better then you believe baby lmao.

With 140km/h wind gusts your shoe box Q would have toppled hahahaha

Winnie
17th August 2013, 11:38 AM
The GQ has the aerodynamics of an F1 car, 140kph gusts would not even be noticeable.

threedogs
17th August 2013, 11:45 AM
That's close to 3500kg of downforce in race speak,. yo hoo go the Q

Alitis007
17th August 2013, 11:46 AM
The GQ has the aerodynamics of an F1 car, 140kph gusts would not even be noticeable.

Would this so called F1 be on it roof by any chance hahahahaha

Winnie
17th August 2013, 12:32 PM
Would this so called F1 be on it roof by any chance hahahahaha

Nope! As fast as an F1 car too.

taslucas
17th August 2013, 01:23 PM
:D i can handle it better then you believe baby lmao.

With 140km/h wind gusts your shoe box Q would have toppled hahahaha

The GQ might act like a brick but your gu is like a plastic bag in the wind.....how pretty

threedogs
17th August 2013, 01:27 PM
Still blowing today, but think if any trees were
going to break they would have done so by now

Hodge
17th August 2013, 01:32 PM
We were heading to Mudski's last night and there were a heap of you guys on Mckimmies rd dealing with trees fallen onto or close lines.......

Stick my head out and see if there is anything amiss.. so glad I cleaned up all the crap from my old kitchen yeserday otherwise it would be all over the neighbourhood.

I was everywhere last night mate, but I don't do our area, so none of my boys would have been there. And just like what you've seen there, ALL of my jobs were trees and massive branches all over the HV. Way too many tree-huggers out east, don't allow any trimming and this is what happens. What's more fascinating is, some people were without juice for hours, because the tree obliterating the mains, and they still asks us NOT to trim too much of the offending trees or branches.

Bloodyaussie
17th August 2013, 02:24 PM
I was everywhere last night mate, but I don't do our area, so none of my boys would have been there. And just like what you've seen there, ALL of my jobs were trees and massive branches all over the HV. Way too many tree-huggers out east, don't allow any trimming and this is what happens. What's more fascinating is, some people were without juice for hours, because the tree obliterating the mains, and they still asks us NOT to trim too much of the offending trees or branches.

Makes you bloody laugh doesn't it!!!

lhurley
17th August 2013, 08:47 PM
Lmao

Nah mate, used some right boot. Lift and wheels and it was still a struggle. Lmfao