PDA

View Full Version : Forum Juke Box / Radio

oncedisturbed
16th August 2013, 11:24 AM
I thought I would pre-empt AB on this one but thought I would gauge interest from member's if they would use / like an MP3 player plug-in on the forum?

Would member's use it?

Just putting it out there to save AB some time.

taslucas
16th August 2013, 11:26 AM
Sounds cool. What is it? What does it do? What does it all mean? What is the meaning of life?

oncedisturbed
16th August 2013, 11:29 AM
Basically it is a plug in that would allow members to have an MP3 player built into the website that they could listen to whilst "conversing" here

An example which I loaded into the SWAT4x4 site is here;

http://www.swat4x4.com/mp3/myWimpy.html

Winnie
16th August 2013, 11:35 AM
Nooooo! They are the most annoying things ever!

taslucas
16th August 2013, 11:44 AM
What music plays?

oncedisturbed
16th August 2013, 11:46 AM
files can be uploaded by admin and can include whatever styles members would like?

taslucas
16th August 2013, 01:23 PM
It would be hard to find more than a handful of members with the same taste in music.
Would it slow the page down for people with slower internet?
For me personally it wouldnt add anything to my forum experience, I think id find myself turning it down but other members may think differently

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah not for me either, i would turn it down. if i want music i have 5000 tunes in my itunes that i can put on random but dont.

Winnie
16th August 2013, 01:29 PM
It would be hard to find more than a handful of members with the same taste in music.
Would it slow the page down for people with slower internet?
For me personally it wouldnt add anything to my forum experience, I think id find myself turning it down but other members may think differently

Yep. You'd find yourself turning the volume down all the time, then you want to watch a quick YouTube video so you turn the volume up then this music starts playing and you wonder where the eff it's coming from.
These music players are a pet hate of mine! Haha aha

threedogs
16th August 2013, 01:31 PM
is it similar to elevator music?

NissanGQ4.2
16th August 2013, 08:21 PM
Yeh not for me, have thousands of mp3's on various hard drives that I could listen 2 while surfing the net. Listen 2 my tunes all day at work so don't often listen to music @ home

meh
16th August 2013, 08:25 PM
Not for me either!

megatexture
16th August 2013, 08:30 PM
Yea not for me also and wouldn't the data increase the running cost of the forum more then the manuals.

P4trol
16th August 2013, 08:39 PM
is it similar to elevator music?

Given other people can choose it, I reckon it could be even more annoying. Crazy frog? Rebecca black 'friday'? Nicky Webster' strawberry kisses?

A track with me singing along? (I just missed out on qualifying for a volunteer choir. Normally they take anyone.)

Thanks for the offer. What about a counter for the number of toyos pulled out for the month?