PDA

View Full Version : 2nd row seat stuck

crazyenough
15th August 2013, 09:21 PM
Hi Guys,

One of my 2nd seats is stuck and wont lift up.

Is there a trick or tip on how to get the seat up or off so that i can see whats wrong with it.

I unbolting the bolts on the front of the seat but couldnt get the seat off at its still locked to the bottom latch.

any help would be appreciated.

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 09:56 PM
Hi Guys,

One of my 2nd seats is stuck and wont lift up.

Is there a trick or tip on how to get the seat up or off so that i can see whats wrong with it.

I unbolting the bolts on the front of the seat but couldnt get the seat off at its still locked to the bottom latch.

any help would be appreciated.

Mmmm bugger! And you can't get a spanner on the back mount? What happens when you tug the strap? Can you feel the latch open or its fully jammed?

crazyenough
15th August 2013, 10:52 PM
Yeah a bugger of a issue.. Feels like the cable is pulling on the latch but its not disengaging.

Might give it another go at trying to unbolt the latch hook.

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 11:12 PM
Get one of your kids to jump on the seat while you pull the cable a few times and see if its not just a bit tight. Otherwise reach under and manipulate it with a screw driver and see if you can actuate the clasp as the cable would??

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 11:13 PM
Oh and I alway find swearing at it while giving the thing a good belting can achieve great results ;)

crazyenough
16th August 2013, 01:29 PM
Tried prying it with a screwdriver as i pulled on the lever as well not no luck either... will try and get someone to jump up and down on it and see if it budges.

If not alot of swearing maybe the goer...then hit it with a hammer.

threedogs
16th August 2013, 01:37 PM
Tongue out the side works for me, you haven't
jammed anything underneath?

mudnut
16th August 2013, 01:56 PM
Wasn't there an easy fix for this? I seem to remember someone else had this problem late last year. I'm stuffed if I can find it with the search function...

threedogs
16th August 2013, 02:15 PM
Think I remember that thread wasn't the lever stripped out preventing the cable from moving, you have two levers
one to lower the back the other to release the base.

mudnut
16th August 2013, 02:21 PM
I found a thread where Malcom gave us a heads up that the strap comes off, it must be what I was thinking of.:1087: Bad memory.

crazyenough
16th August 2013, 05:12 PM
I actually purchase the truck like that.

I have spend a few hrs trying ti get it unstruck so it maybe that there is something jammed in there as i did find abit of crap under the seat.

crazyenough
25th August 2013, 09:49 PM
So I gave it another go yesterday and finally fixed it by jumping up and down on the seat until it let go and popped up.

Once I took the cover off I found lego, about $4 off coins in the actual lock which came through the area which the buckles sit.

BigRAWesty
26th August 2013, 06:22 AM
There you go.. Pay day.. Good to hear you got it sorted

threedogs
26th August 2013, 08:15 AM
Sounds good glad you fixed it , and some coin to boot

crazyenough
26th August 2013, 10:25 PM
Thanks fellas... It was a pain in the rear to fix though

Clunk
26th August 2013, 10:36 PM
Thanks fellas... It was a pain in the rear to fix though