PDA

View Full Version : GU rear tube bar, were to get one?

Mattonpatrol
13th August 2013, 07:48 PM
Looking for a rear tube bar for my 99 gu. I'm not interested in the Normal bulky ARB rear bars etc.. I want something light weight and with good clearance & I like the look of the tube bars anyways... I haven't seen any on eBay or on the Internet.... Does anyone have any places to get them or if any shops to custome make them? Thank you all

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2013, 07:49 PM
Rassler
Milweld
Patrol Doctor
Biders.

Winnie
13th August 2013, 07:53 PM
Millweld, Raslarr and Patroldocta do not do tube rear bars for the GU. XRO Racing do but I have heard that the guy who runs that company is dodgey as they come and should not be trusted?

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Millweld, Raslarr and Patroldocta do not do tube rear bars for the GU. XRO Racing do but I have heard that the guy who runs that company is dodgey as they come and should not be trusted?

Yes don't pay him any money until delivery!

Clunk
13th August 2013, 09:04 PM
Not sure what part of the country you're in but there's also XLR8 Fabrications here in Perth.

Don't slap it, tap it!!!!

04OFF
14th August 2013, 06:04 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-gravatt/other-parts-accessories/gu-nissan-patrol-rear-tube-bar/1025313115

:D

mudski
20th August 2013, 10:40 PM
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mount-gravatt/other-parts-accessories/gu-nissan-patrol-rear-tube-bar/1025313115

:D
Thats one ugly rear bar. I do like front tube bars though...

megatexture
20th August 2013, 10:52 PM
Jeez I thought it looks good, though I'd rather a run of the mill bar so I can get the wheel off the door.

mudski
20th August 2013, 10:56 PM
If someone would make a "steel bar" but in alloy I would buy one I reckon. Don't need anymore weight added to an already overweight car. Plus some of the rear steel bars I've seen don't have the wheel carrier centred properly and they cover part of the rhs tail light.

megatexture
21st August 2013, 12:04 AM
They usually do that to accommodate larger tyres but yes if you only have one on it looks set out too far.

04OFF
21st August 2013, 08:07 AM
Thats one ugly rear bar. I do like front tube bars though...

Are you just talking about it needing a paint job ?

I think its the best looking tube bar ive seen, bar none (he-he), and the rear clearance you end up with is amazing, in fact i like it that much, im getting something very similar made to my own spec right now ! :049:

If someone would make a "steel bar" but in alloy I would buy one I reckon. Don't need anymore weight added to an already overweight car. Plus some of the rear steel bars I've seen don't have the wheel carrier centred properly and they cover part of the rhs tail light.

It only weighs about 40kg

megatexture
21st August 2013, 09:32 AM
Thats light considering mine is like 70kg with wheel carrier and twin Jerry can holder

mudski
21st August 2013, 09:36 PM
Are you just talking about it needing a paint job ?
Nah mate. I just looked like it was missing something. I can't put my finger on it...Maybe if I saw one in the flesh it would be better.

It only weighs about 40kg Yeah that bar does...

mudski
21st August 2013, 09:39 PM
Looking at that bar again. To me, I think it would look better with plate welded between the tubes. The way it is now, it kinda makes the rear of the car look naked. Something is missing.

BigRAWesty
21st August 2013, 10:05 PM
Looking at that bar again. To me, I think it would look better with plate welded between the tubes. The way it is now, it kinda makes the rear of the car look naked. Something is missing.

X2. If your going to do a tube bar, it needs to be chunky On a Patrol.. Or yea, it just looks naked and weird...

04OFF
22nd August 2013, 03:26 AM

When i get it all back, ill paint it black and i think you may see it differently (ill post some pic's), see what you think then.

Im getting plate added on top of my latest bar, but im pretty sure you are talking about just the view from the rear ?

I actually said i didn't want stuff in the gaps, as it looks really good in the flesh, plus it matches the look of the xrox bar i have on the front, i am also concerned it will start making a tube bar look "boxey", not what i want at all.

However........ all that said, i did agree when my bar is finished, we "will" offer up some plate to those areas to see what it looks like, so yeh, im not 100% against the idea yet till ive seen it. :smiley_thumbs_up:

Wazza_66
22nd August 2013, 08:58 AM
Am I missing something with this bar, or once fitted the vehicle is no longer roadworthy because there are no lights fitted?

04OFF
22nd August 2013, 10:02 AM
Correct waz, but the amount of people with lifts and tryes and endless other mods that don't even come close to meeting ADRs, most people obviously don't seem to care.

Typically, people just hook up the dummy lights in the body and run with that, if you remove the spare from the door (as many harder core guys do anyway) you could argue the legality of the rear lights.

But technically, the above would still NOT be legal, unless you refit ADR approved lights, in a location to meet ADRs also, not too hard to put some lights on it (this is what im doing)

I think you'd be more likley pulled up for lack of mudflaps than anything else