PDA

View Full Version : Detriot auto locker

Mattonpatrol
13th August 2013, 07:05 PM
looking into the Detroit auto locker, has anyone got one, or have and info on them... i want to put one on front diff, & the dad wants to put on on his reaer diff on his troopy... are they good on the front or rear diffs? and does anyone know were is the safest place to purches them?

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2013, 07:47 PM
looking into the Detroit auto locker, has anyone got one, or have and info on them... i want to put one on front diff, & the dad wants to put on on his reaer diff on his troopy... are they good on the front or rear diffs? and does anyone know were is the safest place to purches them?

If you do a search, I'm pretty sure there's a couple of thread specifically about Detroit locker.

Astro
13th August 2013, 08:09 PM
I just took one out of the rear or my GU.

If I didn't do as much town and highway driving as I do, I would've kept it in there. Awesome stuff off-road.

Just a bit 'clunky' around town.

It's for sale btw

FNQGU
17th August 2013, 08:25 PM
I have one in the front of my GU and love it. The old man has one in the rear of his 100 series Toyota and yes, he experiences a few clunks when coming on and off the gas, but the added traction is fantastic in both vehicles. I have seen in other threads where some reckon the Detroit is a bit agricultural, but my experience is that is very hard to qualify as no one that I know has done a drive-off of one vehicle against another using different auto-lockers.

@Astro - I didn't realise Detroit made one for the rear of a GU, good to know.

megatexture
17th August 2013, 08:38 PM

What sort of prices have you been given for the Detroit ?
Never knew they did a rear either, I wouldn't honk there would be much of a price difference front and back

FNQGU
17th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Re prices - check with Just Differentials in the States (online). I think it was US$699 to your door. Otherwise, not much change from $900 bucks in Aus was best I could find at the time.

megatexture
17th August 2013, 09:42 PM
Bugger was hoping for prices more like the lokka brand for the rear lol