PDA

View Full Version : Rear bar

liveyk7
13th August 2013, 01:49 AM
Hi all

Been looking at a rear bar for a while. Came across this.
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=350853251739

Anyone got one of these? Feedback?

Also roughly how much would it cost to get it on?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

BigRAWesty
13th August 2013, 02:23 AM
Well for 99c it's a bargain... Lol

I'm guessing it would be a cheap import bar, so who knows for quality.. Might be all fancy laser cut an that, but if its tack welded together then you could be carrying your gear on the roof after a few decent trips..

Instal "should" be easy.. A few plugs and a few bolts. A mate to help lift old one off and new one on..

I'd get your own quote, just to keep them honest if they loose out in the auction..

MEGOMONSTER
13th August 2013, 06:08 AM
I'm watching it just to see what people are willing to spend, especially on something they're not entirely sure of.
Wow only $1200 buy it now.

Drewboyaus
13th August 2013, 09:47 AM
Looks like a straight up copy of the GU Kaymar bar. They have even "tried" to replicate the latching mechanism.
In the pics, it seems to be constructed ok but the latching is one of the critical areas and I'm not sure that looks robust enough for me.
I wouldn't be buying without having a good look at it in the metal.
I installed a Kaymar bar on the rear of my GQ last weekend and it was pretty fiddly at times. Took more than half a day for two of us. I would be concerned of the fit quality with that one. The Kaymar I installed had some tricky moments fitting bolts up inside the chassis rail and if the quality of components and fit isn't there you'll be mucking around for ages.
Buy off someone where you can check it out in person.
My 2c

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

liveyk7
13th August 2013, 02:59 PM
I was watching it and sold for $731. So I am watching this one now.

In terms of install guys I have no clue.. a ball park figure would be great..

liveyk7
13th August 2013, 03:01 PM
I think you can pick it up.. so I would be having a look at it. But tbh I have no clue what I am looking out for ;)
For me its mainly carrying the fuel cans..