PDA

View Full Version : What is the lastest series GU Patrol

tdsasp
11th August 2013, 02:33 PM
Hi, can someone tell me what the latest series GU Patrol is available, and is there any problems with it?

I was looking at a series 200 Landcruiser, but cant justify the money, nor does it look as good as the Patrol.

I am also after some advice, has any people had issues towing with the latest series patrol? What will the Trol pull comfortably and at what speed? (bit like how long is a piece of string!)

I have a 2.8 and it doesnt like towing anything heavy, hence all of the questions.

Thanks in advance.

Nigel.

threedogs
11th August 2013, 03:21 PM
No idea as I couldn't afford one , but think google may be your friend here
If you want to tow the 4.8 will do it with ease be it a bit thirsty, the CRD
3lt is good to tow 3.2t in manual mode and 2.5t in auto. But don't Max out your towing load.
What weight you plan on towing???? with a 200kg ball weight

BiLLz0r
12th August 2013, 12:14 PM
Hi, can someone tell me what the latest series GU Patrol is available, and is there any problems with it?

GU 8 was the last of the GU Series. 3.0Ltr 4cyl Diesel only.
4.8Ltr Petrol were earlier GU's. The current Y62 (yuck, horrible looking thing), are petrol only now and V8.

WogsRus
12th August 2013, 12:57 PM
Actually hate to be a stickler but GU9 is the newest in the Y61 series, which got additional side impact airbags as standard. remainder unchanged from the GU8

BiLLz0r
12th August 2013, 05:28 PM
Oops, I saw 2012 GU 8's so figured it was the latest.

michaeljp
14th August 2013, 08:30 PM
I have a series 8 2012 model. And im very happy with it so far. Ive been a Toyota man for 30 years but like yourself but couldnt justify the extra 20 -30 grand for a new cruiser. All mechanics ive spoken to have said they have fixed most of the problems with earlier series. Mines a manual and i get about 11.5 - 12 L/100km