PDA

View Full Version : Oil pressure light

Seanz
10th August 2013, 07:16 PM
Hi guys, beware I installed all the correct gear and do every 5ks oil changes,
Light can on with acceleration, went to Nissan for computer check up nil faults recorded.
Its the senor they said change it still the same problem. every time I back off to idle oil pressure drops to 2-5 psi max 28 when hot @ 3000RPM, nil noise or sludge in sump.
Oil pressure test engine fault found oil pump and conrod bearings and front and rear bearings need replacing, this is a 03/2007 common rail ZD30, so don't believe its only the early models that are susceptible to oil pressure loss, 170ks now $4600 later thanks Nissan computer gurus.

Col.T
10th August 2013, 08:01 PM
G'day Sean,
not sure I follow your thread.
Have you changed the sensor. Changed the oil pump, all those bearings or what?
Have you actually got a reason/cause for the problem?
Mines a 2008 and I've had no oil pressure problems,,,,,,,,,,yet.
Col

happygu
10th August 2013, 08:31 PM
Sean,

There were a couple of the early CRD's which had the bolts incorrectly torqued to the oil pump, and the bolts eventually fell out, and caused substantial damage.

Sounds like yours may have been one of these.

Oil Pressure Problems aren't a common problem for the CRD's nor the DI's, so either yours hasn't been serviced regularly, has had the wrong oil used, or had loose bolts on the oil pump causing it not to pump the oil around properly.

Mic

Seanz
10th August 2013, 09:02 PM
Yes Col, changed the senders both as Nissan tech said to do as a few were faulty?, and always changed oil at 5oookm intervals, yes used all the oils 5w /40 even the Nissan green oil as well as 10w / 40
have no taken engine to rebuilders to oil mapping, prognosis was oil pump failure which has affected bearings etc. I install a aftermarket oil pressure gauge to get readings

Seanz
10th August 2013, 09:08 PM
I have serviced this since 100000ks every 5oooks oil and filter, nobody could tell problem except until motor removed and pressure tested, different to my 89 GQ oil pressure settings, just beware if oil light comes on

Seanz
11th August 2013, 02:21 PM
Yes Mic,
Just thought that after trading up from a 89 GQ which had over 460ks on it and never had a damaging problem like this all those problems were sorted by 2007.

threedogs
11th August 2013, 02:33 PM
My oil light comes on now and then but the OE sender is a bit suss according to my mechanic.
When it does come on I pull over stop turn everything off check and start again, might do it every 8mths
not at the annoying stage YET

Seanz
13th August 2013, 09:28 AM
That's what I would do too, just got better of me when towing
boat, and coasting down hills alarm on gauge would show zero!
Maybe it has wrong oil in at some time know history update from new till 115ks, I bought it
at 132ks! Just be aware that's all cheers,

Robo
13th August 2013, 12:55 PM
My oil light comes on now and then but the OE sender is a bit suss according to my mechanic.
When it does come on I pull over stop turn everything off check and start again, might do it every 8mths
not at the annoying stage YET

The mechanic/engine builder I used to fully reco my gtr engine told me to install an after market sender as,
gen nissan units were not reliable.
this is a bloke who gets trusted to build very/very expensive engines so i take his word for it.

Ricardo00
13th August 2013, 09:39 PM
Anyone know what aftermarket sender/s fit & work with factory gauge? Or is the only option with an aftermarket sender to run an aftermarket gauge?

Robo
14th August 2013, 04:38 AM
VDO do a good range of senders.
you need to know the values and physical dimensions of the sender you have and compare to their list.
Recently looked at the list and it is fairly extensive.

Seanz
15th August 2013, 08:38 AM
Mic, you hit the nail on the head. Torque screws they are not even loctited in place
out of 11 screws only 3 were in place! So now loctited center punched
so cannot be loosened, while there put new timing chain on too, thanks again to all

Seanz
19th August 2013, 04:12 PM
After all this now guys that did repairs put 15w40 oil in stating that's what oil I should be using its Conoco hydro clear
Not 5w40 as Nissan saying?

happygu
19th August 2013, 06:53 PM
Mic, you hit the nail on the head. Torque screws they are not even loctited in place
out of 11 screws only 3 were in place! So now loctited center punched
so cannot be loosened, while there put new timing chain on too, thanks again to all

I'm not sure if I am proud to be right or not.....this could be a case where it may be a part Nissan Warranty claim, as it is clearly something that shouldn't happen

Mic