PDA

View Full Version : Best Oils??

Tas GQ
7th August 2013, 01:45 PM
G'day, i just bought a GQ and I want to change all my oils (engine, diffs, gearbox, transfer case) plus filters and coolant for piece of mind. The guy i bought it from said he was using Caltex Delo in the engine from a search i did on this site the Delo seems popular. What should i use else where? Just wanting to hear a few opinions on this. It is a 90 model td42 that's had a DTS turbo kit put on and an intercooler. Thanks in advance Cheers Richard.

Clunk
7th August 2013, 03:15 PM
Can't help with the engine oil as mines a petrol.
For rear diff I use Penrite limslip diff 85-140W hypoid gear oil, front diff 80-90w hypoid gear oil.
Transfer case 80-90w gear oil.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Tas GQ
7th August 2013, 03:54 PM
Cheers for the info Clunk

Col.T
7th August 2013, 06:29 PM
Tassie,
If you've got the time and want to stick with say Caltex (which I've been getting from an independent fuel supplier for years) a call to the Caltex help desk and a yarn with their experts is quite helpful.
Col

AB
7th August 2013, 06:31 PM
Also mate look up "preventative maintenance" on the search button. A great detailed thread by tony about a lot of your questions too mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

AB
7th August 2013, 06:34 PM
Caltex delo or shell rimula is good. Just make sure it meets the nissan jaso dh spec in the manual. I can't remember the exact spec, on phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Tas GQ
7th August 2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the tip Col.

Thanks AB, i have a gregory's manual so i know what spec oil i need and how much, just wondering about brand, i'll do the search you suggested ,

Cheers Richard.

Tas GQ
8th August 2013, 10:27 AM
AB that preventative maintenance thread you mentioned is excellent, i have book marked it and printed out a copy, cheers Richard.

Bob
8th August 2013, 10:30 AM
you might want to bookmark this also mate

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16195-GC-Index-to-useful-threads

Tas GQ
8th August 2013, 09:51 PM
Cheers Bob, great link.