PDA

View Full Version : Td42 clutch

Blann
6th August 2013, 10:58 PM
Hi all,

Clutch is gone in my td42 gq, got the part but labour is gonna cost way too much, so I was going to do it myself. Apparently removing the motor is the easiest way to do it as I have an engine crane but no scissor lift etc. has anyone actually done a few of these and has some insight into this??? Any help would be great.

Cheers blann

GQ TANK
6th August 2013, 11:38 PM
I just done my TB42 clutch - I pulled the motor as I have gantry etc
, and I done it by myself
A lot of guys pull the box's - I didn't want to be under neath the truck trying to ift the box -

jjgq89
7th August 2013, 12:10 AM
Mate i found the easiest way is engine crane in through the door and chain down through the shifter hole

davo94
7th August 2013, 01:45 PM
Also remove the transfere case makes it 10 times easier.
Id guess and say most shops should charge about 350 if the flywheel is ok and doesnt require machineing. I would never do a clutch with out doing it either way

tezzza88
12th August 2013, 01:54 AM
I did a clutch a few years back and stuffed the new clutch cause we hit the compression spring with the input shaft cause we moved the gear box sized way instead off rotated the box because the starter housing stick out and catches on the body. some thing to keep in mind if you take the box out, but it sounds like it would bee easier for you to take the engine out.