PDA

View Full Version : 2000 and 2005 zd30 engine difference

Glen 93 patrol
6th August 2013, 07:44 PM
hi guys,
My brother is purchasing a 2000 model zd30 gu patrol tomorrow. The owner says it had a new engine done back in 2005, and a 2005 model zd30 was put in place as the old one shat its guts. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two engines, as far as appearances from the out side. I think from memory they changed the sump on it to a larger one to accommodate more oil, but if anyone can clarify the difference that'd be great.

Cheers Glen.

Rumcajs
6th August 2013, 10:51 PM
There are very little differences, sumps are the same size, however later engine blocks have no blanking plate (with 2 bolts) on the lower side of the LHS block (past the turbo oil line drain return) it is just a cast over. If it is complete 05 engine it will also have oil pressure sender on RHS above starter motor and it should not have vacuum canister/reservoir next to intercooler and if you can see the injection pump id plate it will have Bosch numbers instead of Zexel id unit. Some early ZD30 also had water cooled turbo charger, later models didn't.
Cheers

SupRob
7th August 2013, 10:14 AM
Fairly the same, 12/2006 is when they change to common rail.

Early model water cooled turbos superseded to air cooled.

Glen 93 patrol
7th August 2013, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys for the handy info. I'll make sure we check it out before handing over the dough.

Cheers Glen.

Glen 93 patrol
7th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Ok so I checked out the engine this arvo. Was a 2005 model. Also got Certs from the nissan place to confirm the engine swap. Thanks for the input on this one guys.
P.S; ill have to get my brother on the forum now.

Thanks Glen.