PDA

View Full Version : Wiring of fridge.

Tonks
6th August 2013, 06:35 PM
I already have an outlet wired into the rear of the wagon from my second battery,

This is wired in 2.5 cable and is only used to run my fridge.

If i were to run another fridge and install another outlet, should i run another 2.5 cable or just upgrade the existing cable to a bigger one and split to both outlets in the rear of the wagon.

Cheers.

AB
6th August 2013, 07:41 PM
Might be better to upgrade the cable and have 3 outlets so you can run both fridges and leave an extra one for anything else (lights, phone chargers, etc).

I ran a monster cable (Darren will have to confirm what size it was, I'm hopeless with electrics) in to the rear with 3 x outlets.

It runs fridge, camper and all sorts of accessories with no voltage drop.

Tonks
6th August 2013, 08:06 PM
Might be better to upgrade the cable and have 3 outlets so you can run both fridges and leave an extra one for anything else (lights, phone chargers, etc).

I ran a monster cable (Darren will have to confirm what size it was, I'm hopeless with electrics) in to the rear with 3 x outlets.

It runs fridge, camper and all sorts of accessories with no voltage drop.

Thanks AB,

That monster cable sounds the goods

AB
6th August 2013, 08:09 PM
2 b&s or something.

Here's a photo of it if anyone has half a clue...lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

happygu
6th August 2013, 09:04 PM
Tonks,

If you run separate wires, with separate switches, you will still have one fridge if something goes wrong with the other....

Mic

Tonks
7th August 2013, 10:59 AM
Thanks, thats not a bad idea at all.
Tonks,

If you run separate wires, with separate switches, you will still have one fridge if something goes wrong with the other....

Mic

threedogs
7th August 2013, 11:04 AM
Could run decent wire to a junction box ,then branch off for each fridge
use a thermo fuse for the fridge. resets when cools down
But like Happygtu's idea as well KIS eh