PDA

View Full Version : The Outdoor Recreation Party

rusty_nail
5th August 2013, 02:00 PM
Hi Guys,

i just saw this pop up on facebook, and thought people might be interested in this. Now im not a fan of Roothy at all, especially after that stunt him and 4wd action pulled about the melbourne show etc but aparently roothy, simon christie and oen other bloke i havent heard of are standing for parliament. they stand for a less extreme version of what greenies want, so more access for the general public to now gated off areas etc and more flexible laws on things like unregistered bikes and flexible gun laws. has anyone heard of them? what do you think?

nic

nissannewby
5th August 2013, 02:18 PM
Another publicity stunt possibly......

megatexture
5th August 2013, 02:32 PM
Would take a lot of convincing to make me want to put a number in that box come an election lol, i think newbys on the right track

rusty_nail
5th August 2013, 02:55 PM
Another publicity stunt possibly......

Would take a lot of convincing to make me want to put a number in that box come an election lol, i think newbys on the right track

100% was what was going through my mind when i watched the video for roofy. and can you imagine the conflicts of interest if roofy or one of those guys became an MP? the publishing group that markets 4wd action would be laughing! they would literally have an MP in their pocket to push their own agenda. i went over their website here (www.orp.org.au) and like some of their policies, but as with you mega, it would take ALOT to put a number down in their box...

Ben-e-boy
5th August 2013, 03:24 PM
This all started last week, apparently Roothy was asked to join the outdoor recreation party, like him or not he is a public figure with a considerable public following, (potential voters for the ORP )
If they can pull this off and Roothy's heart is in the right place, and with others like Simon Christie. We could see more relaxed laws for 4wders, hunters, fisho's etc
This is just how View it at the moment I need to do more research before making any decisions on the subject

threedogs
5th August 2013, 03:29 PM
If I vote for Roothy will I get a free winch lol
not this little black duck

megatexture
5th August 2013, 03:46 PM
If I vote for Roothy will I get a free winch lol
not this little black duck

No that's going to loose them $ but they might make a special edition roothy cook book( every recipe having sweet chilli and garlic in it) to go with your vote but only after they buy tons of sweet chilli and garlic sauce from china and flood the shelves and have online deals advertised in newsagents around aus.

Avo
5th August 2013, 03:55 PM
The shooters and fishers party helps the people out who love the outdoors.I'd be voting them before these guys.

Coldcomfort
5th August 2013, 04:34 PM
The appearance of these small groups/parties is a good thing. It shows some effort to push back the PITA greens and other single issue oxygen thieves.

taslucas
5th August 2013, 04:43 PM
The appearance of these small groups/parties is a good thing. It shows some effort to push back the PITA greens and other single issue oxygen thieves.

The irony is; without the greens there would be nowhere beautiful to drive our patrols.
Three words: franklin river dam

threedogs
5th August 2013, 06:09 PM
Remember it well lucas, what about that new guy who wants to build the Titanic, he's started his own party
Could be like Richard Pryor "All of the above"

Coldcomfort
5th August 2013, 09:09 PM
True, but the problem with the greens is that they wants us all to be driving Prius' Of course that is while they are ponsing around in their 7 series BMW's...

MudRunnerTD
5th August 2013, 09:11 PM
So Simon Christie is the Victorian Candidate for the ORP!!

macca86
5th August 2013, 09:15 PM
Hunting and fishing party gets my vote

NissanGQ4.2
5th August 2013, 09:16 PM
I'm voting Julian Assange if he gets in, hats of to anyone that can hack a military computer system

Drewboyaus
5th August 2013, 09:46 PM
other single issue oxygen thieves.

Hate to point out the obvious but aren't the Outdoor Recreation Party exactly that?
Sooooo many people complain about single issue parties/politics and actually partake in it themselves. But their single issue is more important than anyone else's.......

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Cuppa
5th August 2013, 11:05 PM
The ORP's 'policies' are designed only to attract folk who think no further than there own personal interests.

mudnut
5th August 2013, 11:33 PM
The ORP's 'policies' (ha ha) are a joke, designed only to attract folk who think no further than there own personal interests.

I'm so sick of all the hot gases emitted from all the pollies, I'll be green around the gills when voting!

NP99
5th August 2013, 11:50 PM
The Greens are about anti defence force as you can get.......
I shed a tear for those poor boat people living in tents....

Part of their policy platform -
A ban on recreational shooting of all animals, including Australian native water birds.

They don't have my vote....

Woof
6th August 2013, 01:03 AM
Not a political thread please.............no religion or political threads permitted here

rusty_nail
6th August 2013, 08:21 AM
Not a political thread please.............no religion or political threads permitted here

sorry dogman, i wasnt encouraging a conversation about politics, more pointing out how roothy was going to try become an MP.

Cuppa
6th August 2013, 08:38 AM
My apologies too, I have ammended my previous post.

Cuppa

taslucas
6th August 2013, 10:23 AM
sorry dogman, i wasnt encouraging a conversation about politics, more pointing out how roothy was going to try become an MP.

Maybe it should have gone in the joke thread
Lmao

threedogs
6th August 2013, 10:58 AM
A wise man once told me "you can only do one thing really well"
its very hard to dedicate time to two things and do them properly.
name of wise man withheld

Coldcomfort
6th August 2013, 01:39 PM
The ORP's 'policies' are designed only to attract folk who think no further than there own personal interests.

I think that would sum up 90% of voters in this, or any, country.....

mudnut
6th August 2013, 03:06 PM
I've amended your quote in my silly post, Cuppa.

Cuppa
6th August 2013, 09:28 PM
I think that would sum up 90% of voters in this, or any, country.....

Sadly, I think you are likely correct that a significant percentage of folks vote for what benefits them individually, (mirroring on a smaller scale the profit hungry corporate world) rather than their broader community or country. The percentage concerned with 'bigger picture issues' of caring for our planet, country & each other continues to grow, but not fast enough. IMHO.

Yendor
6th August 2013, 09:50 PM
Roothy for PM......... :D

Clunk
6th August 2013, 10:04 PM
Reckon we should give communism a go

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

P4trol
6th August 2013, 10:15 PM
Reckon we should give communism a go

Righto, your patrol has been re assigned to me. You're walking from now.

Avo
6th August 2013, 10:15 PM

Clunk
6th August 2013, 11:02 PM
Righto, your patrol has been re assigned to me. You're walking from now.

Hahahaha no worries, I need the exercise

Clunk
6th August 2013, 11:38 PM
I need more land, maybe I could have the next door neighbours off her ;)

NP99
6th August 2013, 11:59 PM
I'm voting Julian Assange if he gets in, hats of to anyone that can hack a military computer system

You'd be surprised on what's in there! Mostly boring stuff.