PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Botswana

Safari Njema
5th August 2013, 03:04 AM
By way of introduction, my name is Simon Fraser and I am the proud owner of a Nissan Safari 1994 model. I have owned the vehicle for 6 years and it has never put a foot wrong. I take it out on safari in the bush regularly and it handles everything that Botswana conditions can throw at it - more sand than mud! I have decided to join this forum in the hope of learning more about the vehicle and finding spares for it which seem much more readily available in Australia than in Southern Africa. My son has recently settled in Australia in the Melbourne area and he has helped me locate a clutch master cylinder from Patrolapart in Melbourne - very happy with their speed of service. The speedo on my Safari has recently stopped working and I am struggling to get it repaired here. By the way my user name on this forum is Safari Njema which is Swahili for Bon Voyage - not that we speak Swahili in Botswana. I used to live in Kenya. Enough rambling!:wink:

krbrooking
5th August 2013, 03:28 AM
Koonjani (Shona for hello) If i spelt it right that is. Welcome aboard mate, best forum around heaps of info and great bunch of ppl. Amazing country Africa, just a shame of how it has turned out. If you ever come over to visit your son let us know and we might be able to organise a trip for ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

growler2058
5th August 2013, 06:17 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

AB
5th August 2013, 06:49 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

threedogs
5th August 2013, 07:39 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, plenty of tips and info here,
so jump in anytime and enjoy

Drewboyaus
5th August 2013, 08:41 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. Great to hear from another Patroler from around the world.....

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Safari Njema
5th August 2013, 01:55 PM
Thanks for all your replies. You guys sure know know to make a newbie feel welcome!

MEGOMONSTER
5th August 2013, 01:59 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Dhuck
5th August 2013, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Gregsway
6th August 2013, 01:01 PM
Welcome dude I am a SAFA (South African) may dad had a 95 GQ we spent many many months over the years driving around bots! Still recon it's one of the best places in the world - well the bush at least :)

Safari Njema
7th August 2013, 07:07 AM
Thanks for your message Gregsway. I agree with you about the Botswana bush-one of my favourite places is the Makgadigadi Pans. Whereabouts in Aus are you?

jjgq89
7th August 2013, 09:52 PM
howdy mate enjoy the forum all the guys here are more then whiling to help
even if it seems like a basic question.