PDA

View Full Version : problem or normal

The Big Rig
4th August 2013, 09:13 PM
hey all, went and picked up my new boat today, 6m plate centre console, about 1.5 tonne worth. had to tow it home about 350km's, when i take off it would pull it no worries. once i get up to 100kph its ok for about 1 minute, then seems to loose power and i cant get any faster than 85-90 kph. it was weird, would sometimes go up slight hills without even loosing speed, then at other times on a flat stretch i couldn't even get about 90 kph. there was no wind. any ideas on if this is normal or do i have issues. if normal what could i do to get more top end power? 2002 model dx 3.0l diesel wagon. standard,240000k's on motor. cheers

Woodsta1704
4th August 2013, 09:15 PM
How long has it been since you cleaned your MAF sensor mate?

If its dirty it could be screwing around with your air/fuel ratio.

gaddy
4th August 2013, 09:30 PM
You could also check that the brakes on the trailer aren't occasionally grabing , ie the calipers working correctly

Steve

The Big Rig
4th August 2013, 09:33 PM
i wondered about the brakes so i tried turning them off, and seems to be the same, wheels and hubs were not getting hot either. jacked trailer up when i got home and they seemed to be working fine and spinning freely. bought maf cleaner 2 weeks ago and cleaned it then, looked very clean but still sprayed it. cheers for input guys :)

threedogs
5th August 2013, 08:20 AM
Sounds interesting are all your IC hoses on and tight.
Do you have gauges fitted telling you whats happening ???

The Big Rig
5th August 2013, 08:38 AM
bought the patrol about 1.5 months ago. i am planing on fitting gauges to it just haven't yet.

IC? inter cooler? will check them out today

cheers