PDA

View Full Version : Hi

lostgirl
5th January 2011, 10:08 PM
I have a Nissan Patrol GQ 1997.

Very new to 4x4 and really just starting to learn more. I am kind of looking for some help with some issues as I am a bit lost as to what parts I should look at and for. :)

I am a mum to few kids and wife to a husband that knows nothing about cars. I know more about the car than him.lol

Anyway I hope I can learn something :)

I would like to fix my car up so I can finally go and use the 4WD function.

lostgirl
5th January 2011, 10:10 PM
I am from ipswich near Brisbane in QLD.

AB
5th January 2011, 10:10 PM
Welcome to the forum Lostgirl, I hope someone can help you with your issues.

Keep your eye on the questions you ask and give it a day or two to get a full response of the members.

Good luck with it!

Maxhead
5th January 2011, 10:12 PM
G'Day Lostgirl, welcome to the forum.
I'm sure you'll find some help here, plenty of very knowledgeable members here...

DX grunt
Welcome lostgirl,

I'm sure you'll get help shortly. Great to see another Qld'er here.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Finly Owner
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Lostgirl. we have some real Gurus here. They will find your posts, ask some questions and give you very detail answers. Glad to have another Qld'er on board.

Tim

lostgirl
I have been going to Kmart for my servicing and They dont seem to know a lot. So I am hoping someone can help me.lol

Woof
5th January 2011, 10:13 PM
Welcome Lostgirl, you are not lost now as there are members here that will assist you...........me, I'm like your husband, got no idea about cars but love driving off road.
Enjoy the forum.

NissanGQ4.2
5th January 2011, 10:14 PM
welcome to the forum lost girl

great bunch of guys and girlz on here always willing 2 help out where they can

when you get the chance stop past the members map thread and post up ur location and i'm sure that lazy sod that is on holidays will beam u up 2 the map when he gets a chance

Hope u enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer.

Cheers

Todd

P.S: whats a 4wd function???

YNOT
5th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Lostgirl. You've come to the right place.
As said above, good to have yet another QLDer on board.

Tony

Edit; 9 responses in 7 minutes, we're hot tonight!!!

lostgirl
5th January 2011, 10:15 PM
Todd Oh just going off road with it.lol

I will go and have a look.

AB
5th January 2011, 10:16 PM
I have been going to Kmart for my servicing and They dont seem to know a lot. So I am hoping someone can help me.lol

Yep, Kmart might not be the right place to take your Patrol for a service.

you could put a post up in the general discussions section asking for any Patrol knowledgable mechanics in your area and see what replies you get. Make sure you put the main suburbs in your area in the title to grab peoples attention if they live in your area, etc.

Finly Owner
5th January 2011, 10:17 PM

My advice stay away from anyone that doesn't specifically know Patrols. Too many engine types and models etc. You can either know diesels or petrols usually not perfect with both. Then you have the early motors and late ones. So get your advice from here, and you may even be advised on a good reliable Patrol mechanic.

Tim

Finly Owner
5th January 2011, 10:19 PM
See the little miner looking bloke he's one of the Gurus you can trust

lostgirl
5th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah ok. I might actually find someone and get them to do a quote on how much to fix all the issues. EEEK maybe I dont wanta know.lol

wildgu6
5th January 2011, 10:53 PM
Hi lostgirl, Welcome aboard the Trol express,
Simply the best forum around. Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
If you cant find the answers your after around here somewhere there's something
really wrong. :1087::1087:

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride
Hope you have a great 2011. (sure you will after you ditch Kmart)
Happy trekin to you and hubby, stay safe

Cheers Pete

patch697
5th January 2011, 10:59 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Plenty of bloody great ppl on this forum so ask all the questions you need cos you will get help here.

&.....X2 with AB's comment on the Kmart servicing???? you'll be better off doing it yourself........lolol

lostgirl
5th January 2011, 11:21 PM
Patch doing it myself would result in me pulling it apart and not knowing where the bolts go.lol

But I will be contacting a mechanic I have found and see what they say.

Finly Owner
5th January 2011, 11:42 PM
Patch doing it myself would result in me pulling it apart and not knowing where the bolts go.lol

But I will be contacting a mechanic I have found and see what they say.

Just put the bolts back into holes they came out of even if part is not there, this helps you when you go to refit part.

Tim

MQ MAD
5th January 2011, 11:58 PM
Welcome aboard

See a handy tip already from Finly owner

Put the bolt back in the hole and bolt will never get lost

Enjoy your stay

Dhuck
6th January 2011, 10:14 AM
Go for it Tony.

Welcome lostgirl. Good to see another Qlder on board to make our mark here even bigger (Qld the superior state). Many people here that can help you out. However you won't need Kmart anymore. You will end up knowing more than them.

RED
6th January 2011, 10:27 AM
welcome lostgirl, you patrol will be much better by not going to kmart....

Bigrig
9th January 2011, 08:54 AM
G'day mate - welcome aboard. (sorry for the copy and paste introduction, but been away for over a week and a lot of catching up to do!!! LOL). As you've no doubt noticed, heaps of useful information, great people and a good laugh to be had on the forum so make the most of it and get amongst the conversations. Don't forget to throw a few happy snaps of the rig up in the members ride section - we never get bored of looking at them!!!