PDA

View Full Version : blocked oil capilery in engine block

Oggittyboogitty
4th August 2013, 01:59 PM
g'day people, i have two oil feed/return holes in the block between number 1 and number 2 cylinders that were blocked with gunk, was able to clean them out with a small drill bit by hand,blew air through all the other one's in the block, can hear the air going all the way into the block which is normal, the two between cylinders 1 and 2 is only blowing air out the other hole and not into the gut's of the block like all the other ones are, any idea on how i can clear it out without dropping the sump ??? any help would be great.

Robo
5th August 2013, 02:42 PM
Which engine?.
can ya post a pic of what your describing for us to better understand .
cheers

Oggittyboogitty
5th August 2013, 04:58 PM
oops sorry robo, td42, the oil galleries between cyinder 1 and 2, they angle into the block, they are about 1/8th of an inch in diameter

threedogs
5th August 2013, 06:14 PM
Grab a roll of tie wire from Bunnings cones in different sizes, aviation industry and racing ppl use stainless steel wire for security reasons

Oggittyboogitty
5th August 2013, 11:16 PM
got some mig rod will try that

Robo
6th August 2013, 03:43 AM
take it the head is off ?.
if so be careful you don't drop anything at all into cylinders.
the smallest piece of junk can slip between piston and bore and jamb rings off the cyl wall and compression lost and/or bore damaged etc.
eg bad idea scraping carbon build up off pistons and pieces fall down between piston and bore wall.
that will ruin your day.
not to worry just be careful .
cheers

threedogs
6th August 2013, 07:52 AM
Yeah stuff some rags in there, just in case.

Bob
6th August 2013, 09:42 AM
Had the same trouble with my Nissan Maxima and was advised by a Mechanic to use Synthetic Oil which apparently removes the Gunk from Galleries within the Motor.
The Maxima was holding the Oil up the top of the Motor after a long drive and seeping down the Valve Stems and causing smoking upon starting up.
After 1000 K's on Synthetic Oil it fixed the problem

Oggittyboogitty
6th August 2013, 02:51 PM
cheers guy's

Oggittyboogitty
6th August 2013, 06:25 PM
cheers guy's the mig rod did the trick, the drill bit just wasn't long enough.