PDA

View Full Version : Spot tracker... An example.

Coldcomfort
2nd August 2013, 09:13 PM
This is a sample of SPOT. It is active at this time.

I love me 4X4's but I also love me 2X1's (Motorcycle.)

I am a member of the IBA (Iron Butt Association and Farriders).

One of our members is undertaking a mamoth task. Newcastle to Perth to Newcastle in 100 hours or less. Speeding is not tolerated.

On the left of the page use the drop down button and go back 5 days in history. You will see the ride from its begining.

https://spotwalla.com/tripViewer.php?id=766251f4f4b1d3331

This is his spot tracker page. It works anywhere on Earth. It would be a powerfull safety tool for anyone going remote.

There is a bit of a drop out but that is likely to he forgot to reset after 24 hours.

I just thought I would put this up to show the benefits of SPOT and how anyone can make use of it.

Cheers all.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 09:24 PM
It obviously tracks the rider using a GPS device?
Edit : Just read it does. Sorry I'm a nub with this stuff...

oncedisturbed
2nd August 2013, 10:32 PM
good for family to follow those on big treks

Coldcomfort
3rd August 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm a bit in awe.... I only posted this link so that everyone here could see the benifit of a spot tracker... But our buddy Skidoo is now doing the first ever (if he succeeds) double/double trans continent ride. You do the maths... Newcastle to Perth to Newcastle to Perth to Newcastle in 200 hours.....

He is riding a Kawasaki 1400GTR, same bike as mine. A 300kph monster that knows no bounds.....

I know most here could not give a tinkers kuss about motor cycle riders... But ask yourself if you have the internal foritude to do this......

93patrol
3rd August 2013, 11:14 PM
He must have strong neck muscles. When I rode 10 hours on my R1 it felt like my head was going to fall off and my knees would never straighten again love the bikes and the cops loved me. So I don't ride anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Drewboyaus
4th August 2013, 08:55 AM
I'm a bit in awe.... I only posted this link so that everyone here could see the benifit of a spot tracker... But our buddy Skidoo is now doing the first ever (if he succeeds) double/double trans continent ride. You do the maths... Newcastle to Perth to Newcastle to Perth to Newcastle in 200 hours.....

He is riding a Kawasaki 1400GTR, same bike as mine. A 300kph monster that knows no bounds.....

I know most here could not give a tinkers kuss about motor cycle riders... But ask yourself if you have the internal foritude to do this......

Reckon you'd be surprised how many blokes on here have or had bikes, me included. Only sold it 18 months ago.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Kast
4th August 2013, 05:46 PM
Yep coldcomfort your mate's got something!

We work in the Kimberley and are trialling SPOT. It does track but its also got an emergency help function which is our main focus from an ohs perspective.

Its just a small hand held unit which is handy and convenient.

I hope skidoo succeeds on his mammoth quest!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Coldcomfort
5th August 2013, 06:05 PM
A new gen 3 is available...

http://www.findmespot.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=29