PDA

View Full Version : Eonon radio

paulvdw
2nd August 2013, 05:33 PM
Has anyone got one of these?
I am wondering if you get any off road maps for it?

Cheers
Paul

mudski
2nd August 2013, 05:54 PM
I have the G2227 and its a peice of chit. When it was working it was alright but in less than 8 months the only things that work out of everything you get with it is the radio and the reverse canera function.
The BT connection used to work only for the phone, as the BT stopped working to listen to tunes through my phone, but that has just died too in the last week.

-----------------
I tapped that app

threedogs
2nd August 2013, 05:59 PM
Is this one of those double din do everything entertainment systems ?

Hodge
2nd August 2013, 06:05 PM
My one arrived yesterday, I got it all going today. Will post a few pics and opinions later on. The Ozi Explorer works flawlessly on it so far which was what I was after.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 06:22 PM
Is this one of those double din do everything entertainment systems ?

Yeah mate. ..

-----------------
I tapped that app

mudski
2nd August 2013, 06:25 PM
My one arrived yesterday, I got it all going today. Will post a few pics and opinions later on. The Ozi Explorer works flawlessly on it so far which was what I was after.

What model did you get? Mine worked fine, apart from the hopeless radio reception it had, then one by one, things just started to not work.
I understand the get what you pay for thing so I wasn't surprised when this happened. I just and still cannot justify the price for branded units.

-----------------
I tapped that app

scotty83
2nd August 2013, 06:47 PM
installed one a couple of weeks ago. sad to say the physical buttons on the bottom of the screen already aren't working. hope to contact them this weekend about replacement.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 07:46 PM
Lol. Sometimes when I turn the car off the screen will drop down like it wants me to put a cd in and play some tunes on it. Maybe its trying to tell me that if I want to listen to music I have to put a cd in...

oncedisturbed
2nd August 2013, 08:39 PM
Just got the latest m1 with miracast and runs like dream. Movies, music, games etc stream well from android.

Ozi will run on it for 4wd maps

Never underestimate the power of the darkside, let the tap flow through you.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 08:52 PM
Just got the latest m1 with miracast and runs like dream. Movies, music, games etc stream well from android.

Ozi will run on it for 4wd maps

More info 1D please. Where and how much cost...I need to replace my POS.

Hodge
2nd August 2013, 08:58 PM
What model did you get? Mine worked fine, apart from the hopeless radio reception it had, then one by one, things just started to not work.
I understand the get what you pay for thing so I wasn't surprised when this happened. I just and still cannot justify the price for branded units.

-----------------
I tapped that app

I got the G1311A unit, single din with slide out 7" screen. Great unit so far, it does what is described in it's resume and for the $ I couldn't ask any more. Even for $250 it completely wipes the floor with my previous Polaris unit, that cost me $1k last year! SO far runs like a dream. One thing I'm comfortable with is that the support from Eonon is great. They don't muck around, and simple replace your unit if any dramas.
Like oncedisturbed I was close to grabbing the M1 unit, but pulled out in last minute.
Here is a quick pic of it.
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7858/2rx2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/2rx2.jpg/)

Hodge
2nd August 2013, 09:01 PM
More info 1D please. Where and how much cost...I need to replace my POS.

This is what he got. http://www.eonon.com/M1.aspx
If your phont supports miracast, this thing is awesome.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 09:06 PM
I will only buy from here as I bough the last unit from the overseas mob and I emailed them about the issues. They said they will get back to me with things to try first before i remove it and they never did. I have emailed them on numerous times and not one reply. Plus the cost of sending it back made it almost not worth it.
Having said that I found a local, Melbourne guy, is a Eonon disty and repairer. I will prolly get another unit from him, if I decide to go Eonon again.

oncedisturbed
2nd August 2013, 09:24 PM
The M1 is their new flagship model and is pretty sweet. IOS has airplay but a new version is coming out later this to be compatible with miracast applications.
Bluetooth connection is strong and sound is pretty clear but not as strong as say a sony or jvc unit, amp will fix this.

If dealing with Eonon head office to return a unit, postage is $60 through fedex and Eonon pay $40 of that.

The M1 is easy to navigate but the miracast / DLNA setup is a bit to work out. You can surf the net via 3g (dongle or phone) as well

Hodge
2nd August 2013, 09:24 PM
I will only buy from here as I bough the last unit from the overseas mob and I emailed them about the issues. They said they will get back to me with things to try first before i remove it and they never did. I have emailed them on numerous times and not one reply. Plus the cost of sending it back made it almost not worth it.
Having said that I found a local, Melbourne guy, is a Eonon disty and repairer. I will prolly get another unit from him, if I decide to go Eonon again.

Is he an eBay dude, has a store or just someone you know? Might be handy if I buy another Eonon unit. Although I will test this unit out for a while until I reach a verdict.

Hodge
2nd August 2013, 09:26 PM
The M1 is their new flagship model and is pretty sweet. IOS has airplay but a new version is coming out later this to be compatible with miracast applications.
Bluetooth connection is strong and sound is pretty clear but not as strong as say a sony or jvc unit, amp will fix this.

If dealing with Eonon head office to return a unit, postage is $60 through fedex and Eonon pay $40 of that.

The M1 is easy to navigate but the miracast / DLNA setup is a bit to work out. You can surf the net via 3g (dongle or phone) as well

Dammit. Regretting buying this one now lol. Should have gone the M1.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 09:44 PM
Is he an eBay dude, has a store or just someone you know? Might be handy if I buy another Eonon unit. Although I will test this unit out for a while until I reach a verdict.
Ebay dude. Dude...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121074407044?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

mudski
2nd August 2013, 09:45 PM

whats the radio reception like in it. The last two cheap units I had were both horrible. Even in the middle of Melbourne...

oncedisturbed
2nd August 2013, 10:30 PM
So far the radio reception has been good (I may as well not have any where we live) but can fix that with an aftermarket bullbar mounted aerial.

I am trying to find a digital radio receiver that may be compatible for it to trial as well as at this stagae I don't have a need for digital tv in the truck.

Hodge
7th August 2013, 12:19 PM
Well 6 days in the car now and the screen, seems dead, kind of.
Everything worked flawlessly, I was very impressed with it and OziExplorer with my hema maps worked perfectly which I was rapped about! Seems too good for the price but now, seems like it's come to bite me... Unit turns on, screen comes out displays the nissan logo (so the screen works?) and then goes blank. However there is still sound, and when I touch the screen it seems to respond to my touch commands but just will not display anything. Tried the generic remedies from Eonons website like reset the unit, unpower it completely etc... Didn't work. Contacted them directly and through eBay, sent a video to them showing exactly what's going on. 48 hours now and no response.

heres my video I filmed of the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISdSbm8UaAc

oncedisturbed
7th August 2013, 01:00 PM
what email did you use?
never been keen on the motorised screen due to vibrations. it looks like it is not loading properly as under the logo it should have a bar showing it's load status

Hodge
7th August 2013, 01:47 PM
I used ebayeonon@gmail.com . yeah I noticed the loading bar not there. But everything seems to load as when I use functions via remote for example dvd to radio etc it responds. And as I said it seems to respond to my touches. Weird.

Sent from my Samsung S4 using Motorculture app

oncedisturbed
7th August 2013, 02:34 PM
Just to let you know that email is not a genuine Eonon email account and will either be a reseller or selling counterfeit products. I will locate the email address and pm you the details.

Eonon itself will not warrant that product unless the seller is an approved reseller.

Hodge
7th August 2013, 04:27 PM
Just to let you know that email is not a genuine Eonon email account and will either be a reseller or selling counterfeit products. I will locate the email address and pm you the details.

Eonon itself will not warrant that product unless the seller is an approved reseller.

It was directly bought from an eBay shop called Eonon with nearly 70k sales, I'd be very surprised if that isn't eonon them selves. http://stores.ebay.com.au/eonon

As for your earlier comment about slide out screens. 2 reasons I went for such unit;
1. I really don't like how a double din unit sits so low on GU's you gotta sort of look way down to see anything especially if a screen is so interactive like these new age units. So this unit i got has the screen that goes up and brings it sort of to just below eye level for easier viewing especially for navigation.
2. I got this unit as a single din, so that I can make use of the lower single din space for the UHF unit.

But pending how this turns out with this unit, I might be going back to a single din unit. Either way not happy atm.

mudski
7th August 2013, 10:21 PM
Hodge. Contact the Ebay guy in my above post. He said to me he is an authorised repair for Eonon. Whether he's talking chit? Dunno. But he might be able to do something. He's in the sunshine area too btw. Also I went against my words and bought another Eonon unit. But I tried direct this time. I ended up getting the M1, same as 1D's unit. if this lasts a year I will be happy. Atleast I get to try different radio's each time :)

oncedisturbed
7th August 2013, 11:30 PM
Mudski, let me know how you go :)

mudski
8th August 2013, 09:19 PM
Mudski, let me know how you go :)

Arrived this morning mate. Fitted it and also mounted a camera up front. Everything seems to work. Although I get some static noise when I switch on the front camera though. Will check this out later....

Hodge
8th August 2013, 10:00 PM
Thanks mudski and OD. I had a reply from Eonon and my unit is heading back to HK and they will assess it. I asked if I could get upgraded to the M1 unit and she said if my unit ends up being faulty and not tampered with, there should be no dramas with that. So now it's just a waiting game. The M1 really looks appealing.

oncedisturbed
9th August 2013, 10:19 AM
Mudski, may need a filter in it or could be laggy connection.

Hodge, was it Susan you dealt with? If so she was been awesome to deal with

mudski
9th August 2013, 02:34 PM
Mudski, may need a filter in it or could be laggy connection.

Like a Z14K or something? :) When I hit reverse there is no static noise, just when I select the Aux input camera for the front. What sort of filter are you refering to?
Also so far, this is the first head unit I have bought and the radio reception is just about spot on.

oncedisturbed
9th August 2013, 05:11 PM
Sorry didnt click it was a front camera. May need to check the av leads are ok.

I did read somewhere of a fix for the static and will try and find it for you.

Good to hear the M1 is working for you