PDA

View Full Version : So ya thought ya got rid of me huh

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 01:34 PM
Well folks, the Ferret's back, been overseas for two months and got back last night.
Gotta tell yas, the Brits sure know how to behave on the roads, makes us Aussies look like selfish, ignorant, arogant, outside lane hugging, tailgating, inconsiderate, downright rude.............................................. ................I could go on, but you need to see the way they drive over there, we just aint got it!!
Hope you have all stayed safe while I was away.
Cheers, the ferret.

Stropp
2nd August 2013, 01:42 PM
good to hear you survived, welcome back.

rusty_nail
2nd August 2013, 01:44 PM
welcome back mate! good to have ya here!!!

threedogs
2nd August 2013, 01:53 PM
Bummer just about to start light brackets, damn
Welcome back Rod ,Should have put on the whites and had a bat

Woof
2nd August 2013, 01:56 PM
Welcome back Rod, I see that you have not changed at all mate..lol

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 02:15 PM
Bummer just about to start light brackets, damn
Welcome back Rod ,Should have put on the whites and had a bat

Lol, cheers John, anyway, you don't have the time Mate.
Rod.

AB
2nd August 2013, 02:17 PM
Welcome back Rod!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

taslucas
2nd August 2013, 03:32 PM
Welcome home rod. Now, about that jeep.........

mudnut
2nd August 2013, 04:15 PM
Where is your annual brag thread?

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 04:24 PM

Ha ha, well you know how it is mate!!, she's a ripper eh??
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 04:33 PM
Where is your annual brag thread?

Well seeing as you asked, hows this?.
I was at a cemetery in England looking for ancestors' head stones, and spoke to the only person there, turned out he had the same surname as myself, then I was at a hotel sampling the beer and the bloke sitting next to me also had the same surname, I spoke to the girl behind the bar and she was going out with another bloke with the same surname.
So it looks like the old people had plenty of time on their hands lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

NissanGQ4.2
2nd August 2013, 04:47 PM
Welcome back Rod

89gqpatrol4x4
2nd August 2013, 05:07 PM
I know what you mean mate! I was born over there, never got to drive though except for when we go back on holidays. They have set speed limits for different types of roads i.e a dual carriage way is 70 mph and that's it no changing like on our roads 100kph then 90kph then 100kph then 80 kph it/s 70 mph all the way. Trucks are only allowed in the first two lanes the others are for cars only! People let you merge! People SAY THANKYOU! people move out of the fast lane, and there are only two toll roads that I know of.

taslucas
2nd August 2013, 06:01 PM
Well seeing as you asked, hows this?.
I was at a cemetery in England looking for ancestors' head stones, and spoke to the only person there, turned out he had the same surname as myself, then I was at a hotel sampling the beer and the bloke sitting next to me also had the same surname, I spoke to the girl behind the bar and she was going out with another bloke with the same surname.
So it looks like the old people had plenty of time on their hands lol.
Cheers, the ferret.

So the cemetery worker knocked off then went and had a beer at the pub where his wife works..... Lol

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 07:04 PM
So the cemetery worker knocked off then went and had a beer at the pub where his wife works..... Lol

Ha ha, I spose that could work too.
The bloke at the cemetery was only there to tidy his Grandads grave, by the end of the day, I was gobsmacked.
Had a similar experience searching for grave stones in Ireland and Scotland.
Cheers, the ferret.

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 07:07 PM
I know what you mean mate! I was born over there, never got to drive though except for when we go back on holidays. They have set speed limits for different types of roads i.e a dual carriage way is 70 mph and that's it no changing like on our roads 100kph then 90kph then 100kph then 80 kph it/s 70 mph all the way. Trucks are only allowed in the first two lanes the others are for cars only! People let you merge! People SAY THANKYOU! people move out of the fast lane, and there are only two toll roads that I know of.

Spot on Mate, they have a great set up for sure, we Aussies should be taking a leaf from their book.
Cheers, the ferret.

mudnut
2nd August 2013, 08:04 PM
Well, you've worked out why they are so polite on the road: They're all related!

the ferret
2nd August 2013, 08:16 PM
Well, you've worked out why they are so polite on the road: They're all related!

Ha, ya could be right there mate, even got an Irish band to play "The wild Colonial Boy" and " Downunder", They all love John Williamson too!
Cheers, the ferret.

mudski
2nd August 2013, 08:21 PM

Ha ha, well you know how it is mate!!, she's a ripper eh??
Cheers, the ferret.

Tee Hee! Tisk Tisk!

trekster
2nd August 2013, 08:24 PM
Welcome back!

MudRunnerTD
2nd August 2013, 08:41 PM
Great to see you back mate, I had noticed your absence like many here, really pleased to see you around

BigRAWesty
2nd August 2013, 09:44 PM
Welcome back ferret.. Good to see you around.again.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

YNOT
2nd August 2013, 09:57 PM
Welcome back mate.

fracster
3rd August 2013, 02:43 AM
Gotta tell yas, the Brits sure know how to behave on the roads, makes us Aussies look like selfish, ignorant, arogant, outside lane hugging, tailgating, inconsiderate, downright rude.............................................. ................I could go on, but you need to see the way they drive over there, we just aint got it!!
Cheers, the ferret.

How very odd, I thought most drivers over here were bloody awful, must be hell on wheels over there.

Enjoy yourself over here fella?

Clunk
3rd August 2013, 02:58 AM
How very odd, I thought most drivers over here were bloody awful, must be hell on wheels over there.

Enjoy yourself over here fella?

It is just as the ferret says mate , with less traffic....... Oh and the inability to use roundabouts correctly lol

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
3rd August 2013, 06:07 AM
Welcome back mate.
Hope was an enjoyable trip.

We Aussies know how to drive.
We like tailgating. Speeding. Lane splitting. Outside fast lane driving.
It's the others that can't drive. Lol

DX grunt
3rd August 2013, 07:01 AM
Welcome back, Rod.

Rossco