PDA

View Full Version : Loud vibration 4.2td

MYR1G
1st August 2013, 09:58 PM
Hey there,
Just thought I would get on here and see what others think,I own a 2004 4.2tdi wagon patrol done 160000klm,I have only just purchased this car and have noticed when it is in 2,3rd gear laboring it has a fairly loud drumming vibration..(grrrrrrh noise lol)
I have a mate with a ute that does it however I was just seeing if there's a way of stopping it???
Thanks Jake

MYR1G
15th August 2013, 09:18 PM
Been doing some research and found its a common problem with the 4,2??Harmonic viabration??
If anyone has any idea as too what it may be or how too get around it help would be appreciated greatly!!
Thanks Jake..

Swazi
17th September 2013, 02:32 PM
It is not evident on my 1998 4.2D. I did experience this on a Landcruiser 100 I owned some years ago. It was there from brand new until I parted with it and did not seem to have any negative effect......

Ben-e-boy
17th September 2013, 06:01 PM
Hey there,
Just thought I would get on here and see what others think,I own a 2004 4.2tdi wagon patrol done 160000klm,I have only just purchased this car and have noticed when it is in 2,3rd gear laboring it has a fairly loud drumming vibration..(grrrrrrh noise lol)
I have a mate with a ute that does it however I was just seeing if there's a way of stopping it???
Thanks Jake

Thats the gears chattering, one way to stop is not to labour the motor