PDA

View Full Version : Convinced

Avo
31st July 2013, 06:57 PM
So we had to go to the city over the last few days(bunbury) and while we were up there I took the wife and kids to a couple of caryards just to see what's about,over a few chat I have got her to agree that I sell our(hers) xr6 2011for a car that doesn't lose money so quick,and I couldn't bare to part with my GQ.Looking around the 30 mark want low km and around 2008/onwards.Now I found 1 that is a gu6 my08 ST for close to that but had a few km on it.172 thou to be precise.
http://www.bunburyhyundai.com.au/hyundai/usedcars.asp
What are peoples thoughts on this model,the car itself is tidy.I got into the engine bay and rubbed my hands behind some pipes and stuff close to the motor that I didn't think a pressure washer could get to and it was clean.Interior not perfect but I got kids so it will get dirty anyway

Cheers neil

Link isn't showing car but just type in Nissan there's only 3 there and 1 patrol

oncedisturbed
31st July 2013, 07:01 PM
Looks in pretty good nick but that's some pretty high k's for that year

Avo
31st July 2013, 07:08 PM
Yeh I was thinking the same,what would be good km for that model?

outback
31st July 2013, 07:25 PM
Ok 34,4000km per year. Bit high.
Next who was previous owners and where did they comefrom. Its all about location and hence what it was put through in its life till now. It could just be lots of highway travel from way out of town to city but then it may have been pushed pulling a wacking BIG boat or van in all sorts of places. Hence overworked for a 3 lt motor un toutched. Check the chassic rails bull dust doesnt vanish pressure hose or not.

growler2058
31st July 2013, 07:27 PM
Service history service history service history

oncedisturbed
31st July 2013, 07:32 PM
picked up my 09 for $40K+++ mods with 75000k on the clock for info :)

taslucas
31st July 2013, 07:46 PM
Best common adviced that often gets said around here when looking to buy a patrol is: DONT RUSH, keep looking online and in car yards, figure out what you want and wait for the perfect timing. Another 6 months of looking is nothing in the sceme of things. But the difference is usually people have a model/type/year/setup in mind when looking for a trol and try to find the right one for as cheap as posible instead of having a price in mind and looking for the best in that price.

Take your time, DONT RUSH, and remember, youll be part of of an elite double patrol club:) lucky you:)

outback
31st July 2013, 07:58 PM
youll be part of of an elite double patrol club:) lucky you:)

Does owining a Patrol and Maverick count for that?:biggrin:

taslucas
31st July 2013, 08:24 PM
Does owining a Patrol and Maverick count for that?:biggrin:

No, go away.

Lmao, ofcourse it does you lucky bar steward

growler2058
31st July 2013, 08:29 PM
No, go away.

HAhahaHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

MudRunnerTD
31st July 2013, 08:36 PM
youll be part of of an elite double patrol club:) lucky you:)

It's an Awesome Club!!!!!

Only club that's better is if both have a TD42 Turbo. ;) baahhhahahahahahahahaa

outback
31st July 2013, 08:38 PM
No, go away.

Ha! Here I am suffering a couple goblets of 6 YO burbon at my own bar..
Wooden goblets also hold the flavour well. Mine are well seasoned.

Suffer.

Avo
31st July 2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys hey,yep just looking for now.took me nearly 9 months to find my first one.I can't believe the money I've lost in a yr on my car.Nissans hold there value a bit more ,that's why I'm looking to upgrade cos I want it to be worth something when I finish paying for it.As for my xr6 might only be worth 5 grand.I will keep looking to I find one that has most of what a want on it..that car on the link is nice but yes a shame about the milage
By the way this is my wifes pride and joy(just a brag shot),she reckons she'll cry all the way to sell her.

MudRunnerTD
31st July 2013, 08:50 PM
Thanks guys hey,yep just looking for now.took me nearly 9 months to find my first one.I can't believe the money I've lost in a yr on my car.Nissans hold there value a bit more ,that's why I'm looking to upgrade cos I want it to be worth something when I finish paying for it.As for my xr6 might only be worth 5 grand.I will keep looking to I find one that has most of what a want on it..that car on the link is nice but yes a shame about the milage
By the way this is my wifes pride and joy(just a brag shot),she reckons she'll cry all the way to sell her.

My GUIV is currently in the Panel Beaters being repaired and I have a hire car for 2 weeks. I have a BF XR6 and Damn!!! I like it ALLOT! The Power is wonderful. If I did not own a TD42Ti and want to tour with it I'd have an XR8 or GT or XR6T in a Heart Beat mate. You have done well to convince the Missus.

Your on a good thing though bud the depreciation is horrible unless you can claim it on your Tax. I have owned my GUIV for 5years and claimed the depreciation for that time on my Tax but its worth the same money as when I bought it 5 years ago!!! I won't be telling the Tax Man though!

taslucas
31st July 2013, 08:56 PM

I'll give 5 for it mate! lol. The depreciation has a lot to do with the state your in i reckon, lots of people with lots of money buying lots of new cars over there. Those things are still going for way more over here.......

threedogs
1st August 2013, 09:09 AM
You have found one example with 175k for $$$ now try to better that again and again.
When you think you cant do any better get someone who knows GU's to check it out.
Then Haggle on the price and hopefully you'll have a great Patrol
and maybe just maybe some $$$$ in your pocket, and as Growler says Service history, service history.
Buy a 4.2 TD if you really want re sale value

Avo
1st August 2013, 10:21 AM
So I have decide to look for something with a lot of the work done.Geez them td 4.2 are hard to find,i found 1 and now I can't find it again.Here's something along the lines I will go for in the end.I'll have to find some city folk and see who has dealt with these guys and what there cars are like.

http://www.westsideauto.com.au/detail/Nissan-Patrol-2008-Perth/4383

Now I'm not going to rush out today and buy one(I hope) but this is nice so I'll try amd find better.

menace 2
1st August 2013, 12:21 PM
"Your on a good thing though bud the depreciation is horrible unless you can claim it on your Tax. I have owned my GUIV for 5years and claimed the depreciation for that time on my Tax but its worth the same money as when I bought it 5 years ago!!! I won't be telling the Tax Man though! "

you probably just did !!

firm351
1st August 2013, 12:44 PM
So I have decide to look for something with a lot of the work done.Geez them td 4.2 are hard to find,i found 1 and now I can't find it again.Here's something along the lines I will go for in the end.I'll have to find some city folk and see who has dealt with these guys and what there cars are like.

G'day Neil my mate bought a prado from west side auto about a year ago got a pretty good buy and he reckons they were great to deal with he just didn't get any warranty with it that was the only problem but car dealer warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on usually so no big deal. Most of their cars seem to have come from gov departments or large company's so the service records are all there but they have pretty high km's for there age. Good luck with it mate I looked around for about a year till I got mine the right one is out there somewhere.

Clunk
1st August 2013, 03:00 PM

http://www.westsideauto.com.au/detail/Nissan-Patrol-2008-Perth/4383

Now I'm not going to rush out today and buy one(I hope) but this is nice so I'll try amd find better.

Hey Neil, these guys are right opposite to where I work. Traded our old Xtrail for the missus Honda Jazz there, they were no messing no fussing when I dealt with them over 2 years ago. They don't budge on their price or trade in price and if they do its quite minimal.
Most of the 4wd rend to be ex Gov or company as already stated. But they're clean and tidy and most with good service history.............

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Avo
2nd August 2013, 10:18 PM
It's an Awesome Club!!!!!

Only club that's better is if both have a TD42 Turbo. ;) baahhhahahahahahahahaa

I feel dumb asking this but I have tried to find out and just can't figure it properly,don't matter how hard I try I just can't.When or which is the lastest model td4.2 please? cheers in advance

Clunk
2nd August 2013, 11:30 PM
I feel dumb asking this but I have tried to find out and just can't figure it properly,don't matter how hard I try I just can't.When or which is the lastest model td4.2 please? cheers in advance

2006 I think mate

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!