PDA

View Full Version : Kit from Exmouth

kitwn
29th July 2013, 10:15 PM
Hi all.

I've just bought a 97 petrol, auto, 42EFI with dual fuel conversion. This is intended to take the strain off our 2008 X-Trail which does a good job of towing the twin axle pop-top caravan over the sand dunes onto the beach at Ningaloo Station but isn't going to last forever under that kind of strain.
As we know the history of the Patrol, the idea of buying a 16 year old car wasn't off the agenda in this case.
It's in pretty good condition but the leather seats and the rest of the interior need a lot of elbow grease to pull out the ingrained dirt.
Biggest gripe is the near impossibility of persuading petrol to go into the 75L tank after the gas conversion. The previous owner included his wooden ramp to back the wheel under the filler cap onto!

YNOT
29th July 2013, 10:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

If you're having that much trouble getting petrol in the tank I would be looking for a blockage or restriction in the hose between the filler neck and the tank. I've had 2 GQ's (both 4.2EFI) and never had a problem getting petrol into either of them, I just had trouble keeping fuel up to the thirsty buggers!

Clunk
29th July 2013, 10:23 PM
G'day Kit, welcome aboard.

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

DX grunt
30th July 2013, 12:35 AM
G'day Kit and welcome to the forum. Great to see another Sandgroper here.

Take care out there.

Rossco

growler2058
30th July 2013, 04:52 AM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MEGOMONSTER
30th July 2013, 06:15 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

threedogs
30th July 2013, 06:24 AM
Hi Kit and welcome to the forum;
jump in anytime and enjoy

AB
30th July 2013, 09:06 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.