PDA

View Full Version : rd28tdi intercooler removal .can anything go wrong

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:46 PM
im not the best with mechanics and id like to pull my intercooler off tomorrow morning to clean it and whilst its off remove that butter fly clip thingy out .im just really......nervous :icon_bonk:

P4trol
29th July 2013, 09:31 PM
No need to be nervous.

I find it easiest if you remove the intercooler along with the fan underneath, and the two bars (attached between the firewall and near radiator.)

Remove any electrical plugs first. I have a sensor on the front, and the fan attached to the bottom of the intercooler.

Loosen the hose clamps holding the inlet/outlet intercooler. Undo the bolts/nuts on the support bars, and lift off.

I clean the intercooler with petrol, but you need to make sure it is all out before refitting (blow compressed air through) some funky timing happens otherwise.

Wipe out the oil from the intercooler hoses and inlet as much as possible.

Perhaps clean the maf sensor at the same time.

Madden
29th July 2013, 09:49 PM
I spose its really easy or its been covered don't post guys.ill sort this one out in the morning

sweet thanks man ,i really appreciate the time you've taken to help me out .ive got a new maf sensor in the mail .really good instructions ,clear and easy 10 out of 10