PDA

View Full Version : wat up all .just a liitle about me and my patrol

Madden
29th July 2013, 06:50 PM
hay guys ,so I've read plenty of things on this site ,I recon its the best reference online for anyone with a patrol .
a little about my rig.
its a 1998 gu 2.8td with 212000kms.i bought it for $5000 off a m8 who was moving and needed to get rid of it. its pretty stock but it does have a 2 inch body and suspension lift ,maxis big horns ,arb bulbar/side steps .
lol, now my list of to do's negative about 20 grand
installing Boost and Pyro gauges plus one more (not sure what for yet )on the drivers side pillar (so triple gauge).clean the intercooler, remove the intercooler butterfly and block the EGR .
I went to clean the maf sensor cause the old girl was blowing a fair bit of smoke and hesitated to rev from about 700 to 1100 rpms .And I undid the for screws pulled it out and realized that id broke it ,goggled it and found a post saying old m8 got quotes for $1200(genuine Nissan maf sensor) 800 for another etc.my face melted ,my heart sunk ,feeling sick as I kept looking online and after a while found a mob on ebay selling new ones for about $70 .any way I was pretty stoked with that .I also want to put a catch can in ,but the only one I can find that is recommended is the pro vent 200(which is pretty pricey ,still looking for an alternative) .I'm also looking into a boost controller but not sure wat to go with yet(a simple in-line boost controller or an electric one) ,I've been reading that 14 psi is safe to run on the rd28tdi .then probably get a 3"dump pipe and a 3" straight thou . And then chip it ,im thinking a Donator box but ill look into that a bit more when im ready for that.

Madden
29th July 2013, 06:52 PM
oh and i got made redundant about a week ago so got time and cash for my new and beloved patrol.

AB
29th July 2013, 06:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, sorry to hear about the employment but you seem pretty happy to spend time with the new beast...haha

Madden
29th July 2013, 07:11 PM
yeh m8 its been a long time coming.6 days a week for a few years .now a little time for be and the beast .I applied for a job with bma not 2 weeks ago, now im ment to be getting a phone interview this week .I hope they take ages with there recruitment process hahahaha

NissanGQ4.2
29th July 2013, 08:07 PM
You will find yourseld banned posting crap 2 get the manuals

I can delete and ban you quicker than u can post

P.S: Welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch of members on here always willin 2 help out when they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Toddie

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:15 PM
yeh G thnx toddie. ive been trying to mix my posts up .most have been relevant ,well I thought .
im finding it hard to post when I have nil experience with 4wd let alone patrols .
but thank you for taking the time to let me no that posting crap will get me banned.

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2013, 08:21 PM
Welcome aboard mate..... no rush you have your whole life??

taslucas
29th July 2013, 08:23 PM
im finding it hard to post when I have nil experience with 4wd let alone patrols .

How about jump in a thread and ask a question? surely you have a few questions if youre after the manual? We really are a friendly bunch:)

NissanGQ4.2
29th July 2013, 08:24 PM

Just go welcome some new members in the introduction thread

Hope 2 see you stick around after you have the manual

Cheers

Toddie

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:26 PM
quick question ,does this forum have rules (besides the one of posting crap) and where could I find them .would I get in trouble for using profanities.

taslucas
29th July 2013, 08:30 PM
Yeah one of the mods should be able to put a link in to the "rules". Basically just be friendly and its ok to f$%king swear and shyte as long as you drop a few bloody symbols in there so it changes a bit and you wont get your rrrrrrss kicked. lol:)

Bloodyaussie
29th July 2013, 08:31 PM
Mate we like to keep in to a minimum and harsh words have f$Łk for example.... just pretend you are a responsible well mannered adult.

No saints here but no aggressive abusive or rude behavior.... cheers

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:32 PM
I will be stickin around. ive been using this forum for info for the past two weeks but 24/7 .imo I think its one of the best patrol forums online .I probably don't need a manual,i could just use this forum.but I think ,after my little scare with my MAF or AFM (depends on who you talk to) ,that a manual will be a great reference for the technical things o..O and in my case the simple things.

NissanGQ4.2
29th July 2013, 08:33 PM
quick question ,does this forum have rules (besides the one of posting crap) and where could I find them .would I get in trouble for using profanities.

We are a family community and will edit any swearing, if the swearing is a regular occurrence in your post then admin or one of the mods will send you a pm kindly asking to refrain from posting swear words.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/misc.php?do=showrules
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?16961-Hello-and-Welcome-Quick-Message.-Please-read-first!-Having-issues-signing-up

MEGOMONSTER
29th July 2013, 08:33 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:36 PM
lol .F#&* a duck thatll be easy as then.thnx guys im off to post a question about taking off my intercooler ;D

BigRAWesty
29th July 2013, 08:45 PM
Welcome mate. Boy your going to fit right in.. Lol..
Your spot on though mate, a lot more info on here than any manual can give.
Enjoy the break (by the sounds of it) and happy modding. Jump in the members ride section and start a build thread. We like watching build ups.
And plenty of pics.
Cheers

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Clunk
29th July 2013, 08:45 PM
We really are a friendly bunch:)

Well you might be Lucas but I'm just a grumpy barsteward!!!!!!!!! ;):D

Welcome aboard mate, as the guys have said, there's far more useful help on the forum than any manual. If you can't find what your looking for then just ask.

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:52 PM
A build thread aye..mmmm I might just do that .thnx westy .and thnx for the warm welcome everyone .kind of wish I joined up a bit earlier.

trekster
29th July 2013, 09:00 PM
How did you break the maf sensor? The ones on our cars are easy to clean as the wire is exposed in the tube with mesh at either end, and all you do is squirt the cleaner through the tube and its done...

Not sure but I do know that VL commodores run a similiar maf to the one in the rd28 as I had one back in the day, Guess would just need to check plug fit more then anything.

Cheers.

ps. put some pictures up.

growler2058
29th July 2013, 09:15 PM
G'day! Welcome aboard shiploads of good info here mate

PS I joined for the manuals ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Madden
29th July 2013, 09:27 PM
lol yeh mate that's what I should have done (yes im a knob) .I come across something somewhere that cleaning my MAF sensor might fix the problems I was having .so I youtube it but couldnt find any vids for my 2.8 and ended up watchin some random vid on it (cannt remember the car old m8 did it on) .I said to myself boy simple as .so I went to super cheap got me sum crc maf cleaner and grabbed the tools out .unplugged the sensor ,undid the plug undid the 4 little screws and jimmied wat I thought was the sensor out.....turned out only half of it came out .lesson learnt I guess.the next day I went to buy a manual .3 stores and couldn't find one. im hoping to get my new sensor in the mail tomorrow
.ill take sum pictures tomorrow m8

Madden
29th July 2013, 09:37 PM
loosing track of time on this forum .I sure I had something to do XD

Gecko17
29th July 2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome aboard Mate. As has been said previously... A wealth of knowledge and experience here... Sometimes a lot better than the manual....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Madden
29th July 2013, 09:46 PM
yeh I agree highlander ,this forum has given me ideas of wat to do .Ive just thought of the manual as insurance ..against myself if that makes sense.im not sure wat it is ,but I am going to be working to a time line .im currently packing to move to Brisbane from mackay ,and I think I might be moving to blackwater in a month or more or less or not ,not sure .im stresin a lil.anywayz thx m8

trekster
29th July 2013, 09:48 PM
Forgot to mention will need a compression tester that can read higher cylinder pressures....

Madden
29th July 2013, 10:01 PM
Forgot to mention will need a compression tester that can read higher cylinder pressures....

Ahh wat do you mean, why am I checking the compression .should I?

Skitzyrex
29th July 2013, 10:27 PM
Welcome mate, good luck with the new job.

trekster
29th July 2013, 10:33 PM
Ahh wat do you mean, why am I checking the compression .should I?

LMAO whoops wrong thread hahahahahahaha

YNOT
29th July 2013, 10:36 PM

LMAO whoops wrong thread hahahahahahaha

I thought your post seemed a bit random...........

BigRAWesty
29th July 2013, 11:39 PM
I thought your post seemed a bit random...........

He is a random bloke...

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

trekster
30th July 2013, 06:10 AM
He is a random bloke...

That's the way I like it ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
30th July 2013, 06:31 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy