PDA

View Full Version : At last! A Patrol in the family

TassiePatrol
28th July 2013, 07:22 PM
Hi all,

I've just purchased a 2003 ST-L Patrol, 3.0 TD, after a fairly long time of investigations, research and tyre-kicking. I've driven many different 4WDs for work, but the last serious off-roader of my own was more than 25 years ago (yes, showing my age here).

Hopefully my patience has paid off as the vehicle I found has a well documented service record - with the last two owners to be nominated as candidates for the ‘Anal Owners Award’ for pampering this particular Patrol.

There are a few things that I would like to sort out though – being a 10 year old vehicle, there some things that need to be fixed / replaced. For example, the seals and rubber mounts for the bonnet should be replaced to allow the lid to sit nicely without vibration. I think any adjustment has been maxed out. Is there a good place on the internet to source such things? Advice would be appreciated. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/smilies/smile.png

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2013, 07:30 PM
Welcome 2 the forum

Great bunch of members on here always willin 2 help out when they can

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Toddie

AB
28th July 2013, 07:36 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions. You should get a better response by asking questions in a different section as a lot people don't read the introductions.

Avo
28th July 2013, 07:38 PM
welcome mate pull up a chair and enjoy,great info and people.

Cheers

growler2058
28th July 2013, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard mate, do a search on the NADS

gaddy
28th July 2013, 08:02 PM
Welcome mate enjoy your patrol

happygu
28th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Sounds like you have picked up a winner....

Try Nissan for rubbers and the like, and you may be pleasantly surprised by the prices. Sometimes they are really cheap when you think they won't be.

Mic

Bloodyaussie
28th July 2013, 09:34 PM
Welcome aboard mate.................

MEGOMONSTER
28th July 2013, 09:38 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

greengupatrol
29th July 2013, 10:22 AM
good luck with your patrols there wicked and you cant go wrong

ben 4.2td
29th July 2013, 11:30 AM
Great to see another Tassie patrol owner on forum, great place to own a 4WD, good luck with the new patrol. I was too nervous to buy a 3 litre so found a 4.2 instead, only up the road from where I lived to, did not have to search mainland.

threedogs
29th July 2013, 01:31 PM
Hello and welcome quite a few Tassie Patrols now, heaps of Tips on NADS for you to read
and plenty of info as well, so jump in anytime and enjoy

MC97GQ
29th July 2013, 02:27 PM
Welcome aboard mate,

Try Garry at Nizzbits(www.nizzbits.com.au) for all your parts needs, good prices and great service.

Good luck with it mate

Mark

Dhuck
29th July 2013, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Madden
29th July 2013, 07:05 PM
welcome mate ,it always pays to kick some tyres when lookin for a good 4wd