PDA

View Full Version : Drop box or super flex???

Dave n xanths gu
28th July 2013, 07:17 PM
I've got 4inch lift in my gu n I'm experiencing wobbles at 80kph, pulling to the left yet the steering wheel is slightly right hand down... Steering wheel was at qtr turn n had 3shops try to adjust it n align it but still not happy... Got adj panhards n drag link... I've had a lot of opinions on what I should do... From bushes to drop boxes to super flex arms to some fancy offset bearings... Any ideas???

macca86
28th July 2013, 07:30 PM
Did your 4 inch lift come with castor correction if it didn't you will need bushes drop boxes or super flex arms but a 80km wobble is kind of a patrol thing hopefully someone else has more info. Did te wobble start before or after the lift

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2013, 07:38 PM
How often do you go off road???

Dave n xanths gu
28th July 2013, 08:06 PM
Offroad fairly often... yeah we done superior castor plates... Always pulled left n wobbled but I thought new susp would fix it... I've been told to do drop box n only one super flex on pass side n std on drivers???

NissanGQ4.2
28th July 2013, 08:11 PM
I'm not going by personal experience just what I have read

Castor correction - no good for anything over 3 inch lift
Dropboxes - More bitumen than off road
Superflex - more off road than bitumen

I'm sure some of the guys with more experience will see your post soon and be able 2 help you out more

Dave n xanths gu
28th July 2013, 08:16 PM
The bearing thing was to stop it pulling left... I'm not sure of the terminology but I will try my best to explain... It was at caloundra suspension n exhaust when I was quoted 600 to supply n fit.... The cradle or housing for the bearings is slightly egg shaped and thicker on one side than the other which as u rotate it the camber is slightly adjusted???? I dunno I'm a bloody plasterer not a mechanic... Also the back wheels are not tracking the same as front??? Is that adj through the panhard???

happygu
28th July 2013, 08:23 PM
The bearing thing was to stop it pulling left... I'm not sure of the terminology but I will try my best to explain... It was at caloundra suspension n exhaust when I was quoted 600 to supply n fit.... The cradle or housing for the bearings is slightly egg shaped and thicker on one side than the other which as u rotate it the camber is slightly adjusted???? I dunno I'm a bloody plasterer not a mechanic... Also the back wheels are not tracking the same as front??? Is that adj through the panhard???

That is adjustment of Panhards.

I would go dropboxes, but that is me..... Reasoning is that it puts the diff and driveline closer to the factory settings, and the flex will be similar angles to factory too.

Mic

growler2058
28th July 2013, 08:29 PM
Drop boxes or extended arms if you got the coin, Doesn't have to be super flex arms there are others out there, unless you're after shiploads of flex then go the superflex. Yup the panhards adjust how its tracking at the rear also