PDA

View Full Version : Wet front flloor

Tonks
24th July 2013, 04:58 PM
Any suggestions why my passenger front floor is wet, also sometimes when air cond is on you can get drips of water on your feet, it's a 2004 GU 111

Cheers Tonks

wildgu6
24th July 2013, 05:35 PM
Maybe heater core gone, my passenger floor was same till I bypassed the heater.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

mudnut
24th July 2013, 05:41 PM
Check that your aircon drain isn't blocked.

Parksy
24th July 2013, 05:44 PM
Also where the firewall meets the floor, sometimes from factory the sealing hasn't always been 100% and was enough to let water in.

Tonks
24th July 2013, 05:53 PM
Check that your aircon drain isn't blocked.

Where would I find the drain hose outlet

happygu
24th July 2013, 06:21 PM
The drain comes out on passenger side firewall towards lower side of inner guard near the exhaust.

You should see water dripping on the ground after running the AC for a while.

Mic

mudnut
24th July 2013, 06:30 PM
I had water coming in, when it rained or the aircon was on, and it dripped down near the aircon and fan seal. I took the fan out and got someone to spray water at the car. It turned out to be the corners of the windows were too far rounded and not touching the corner of the seal. And there was crap in the aircon drain. Sikaflex on the window seal and at the fan seal (just in case) fixed it. While the fan was out I put stainless steel mesh at the opening to stop leaves and mice getting in.

AB
24th July 2013, 06:37 PM
Also check the rubber around your windscreen. Mine is cracked a bit and when it rains it comes in on the inside of the vinyl of the A pillar down to the floor and it was hard to trace!

Tonks
25th July 2013, 07:36 PM
Thanks Guys,

I will have a look and see how I go,

Tonks
1st August 2013, 07:50 AM
Also where the firewall meets the floor, sometimes from factory the sealing hasn't always been 100% and was enough to let water in.

Spot on Parksy,

There is a slight leak where the fire wall meets the floor,

Whats the best thing to seal it with,

Will sikaflex do the job ?

threedogs
1st August 2013, 08:10 AM
Sikaflex will do the job just make sure you select correct one
for the job, possibly a windscreen one, one that handles water