PDA

View Full Version : Zd30 turbo

Teamdjbilo
24th July 2013, 08:13 AM
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get a turbo for a zd30 motor in my 02 GU patrol just south of the Gold Coast don't have a lot of money but as I am careless need to get one ASAP!.

Thanks
Simon

threedogs
24th July 2013, 08:16 AM
could try a wreckers up your way but condition would be a guess,
was a thread recently about this I think, try searching

Teamdjbilo
24th July 2013, 08:21 AM
Yeah just searched but not sure where it is located for the info but it says about the wreckers.

My concern is yeah how do I go with a 2nd hand one especially with 297*** km on the clock.

Do I spend the money on a 2nd hand one and wait for the engine to go bang!.. Or buy a reconditioned one and possible have the engine still go bang and have more money spent on it!..

SupRob
24th July 2013, 12:20 PM
Whats your price range, I can try and help you if you like =]

Teamdjbilo
24th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Considering I do not have any work at the moment cheaper the better. All tho I don't see it going to happen as have been told a 2nd hand one for about 750 or reconditioned for about 1500 all tho 2nd hand is more where I would be looking money wise I just wonder how long it would last and if I should spend the extra and get a reconditioned one that would last a lot longer!..

Teamdjbilo
25th July 2013, 09:55 PM
Ok mechanic called today and said that he has a guy on the Goldy that will refurbish it for $990 plus freight up n down n labour at the mechanic so looking around $1200

Told him I don't have the coin so gunna save n get back to him in a month n go from there!. Kinda happy tho.

threedogs
26th July 2013, 08:52 AM
Whats wrong with your motor ATM, by the way
you may find fitting a NADS kit to it will save you heaps
There are lots of little things that make the ZD30 sluggish

SupRob
26th July 2013, 09:08 AM
$1350 for a brand new geunine garrett turbo
$45 for a turbo gasket kit.