PDA

View Full Version : Really!!!!

krbrooking
23rd July 2013, 10:02 PM
Can you believe I got pulled over this evening because I was going too slow. I pulled out onto bridge in road from my house and obviously the car was a bit cold so it was in no hurry to get up to speed. What also didn't help is that as soon as you turn onto the street there is a bit if a hill. They didn't give me a fine thankfully but told me to wait for it to warm up first, well what do they expect I sit there for 20min or so until he car is up to temp. The excuse they gave me was what if they were an elderly person that could not judge distances, well no offence if you can't judge distances while driving I don't think you should be. (Not that I said hat to them)

Rant over!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

mudnut
23rd July 2013, 10:05 PM
Did they book you or just give a verbal?

AB
23rd July 2013, 10:11 PM
Driving miss daisy....lol

krbrooking
23rd July 2013, 10:56 PM
Did they book you or just give a verbal?

Yeh just gave me a verbal.

mudnut
23rd July 2013, 11:01 PM
I have to wait for the Old Trol to really warm up before I get onto the highway, as we have a hill only as few hundred metres away, and many log trucks come barrelling down it on a regular basis. Its like playing Russian roulette!

Limmy
23rd July 2013, 11:16 PM
Luckily the cops didnt know you were stoned

Bloodyaussie
23rd July 2013, 11:28 PM
Fark they must have been bored...........?

Why did they not book the prick in front of me the other morning doing 30kmh with a mile of traffic behind them..

Clunk
24th July 2013, 12:27 AM
I reckon it fair enough............. its one thing that really gets my goat and that being stuck behind someone who think its a good idea to be doing 20-30ks under the speed limit. For one thing it bloody dangerous to other road users.

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

timbar
24th July 2013, 12:54 AM
I didn't think they could book You for being under the limit ... I do 20 to 50km on the freeway every morning bugger never seen the fixed camera flash me hahahahaha

krbrooking
24th July 2013, 01:10 AM
I reckon it fair enough............. its one thing that really gets my goat and that being stuck behind someone who think its a good idea to be doing 20-30ks under the speed limit. For one thing it bloody dangerous to other road users.

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

I get what you are saying as I think it is also dangerous, but I had only just pulled out from a T junction and was still building up speed without over revving the engine especially when it is still warming up.

krbrooking
24th July 2013, 01:12 AM
I didn't think they could book You for being under the limit ... I do 20 to 50km on the freeway every morning bugger never seen the fixed camera flash me hahahahaha

From what I know they can book you for doing over 20km/h under.

Kast
24th July 2013, 01:52 AM
I remember a stat from some time ago, people travelling 10% under the speed limit cause more accidents than those travelling 10% over it. Don't quote me on it though.

Now if only all the snoozers in Perth sitting in the fast lane doing 90km/h would either a) wake to fark up, or b) get booked that would prevent me becoming an american ie. Going to the superslow lane to overtake.

Having said that I totally get the warming up thing. Don't like to go over 2000 revs until she's mid temp gauge.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
24th July 2013, 02:08 AM
I get what you are saying as I think it is also dangerous, but I had only just pulled out from a T junction and was still building up speed without over revving the engine especially when it is still warming up.

And that's fair enough, I should have paid more attention to your original post.

BigRAWesty
24th July 2013, 02:09 AM
Yea that's a bit BS... I would'a gone off.. If the driver coming up behind can't judge distances then they should be really considering hanging up the keys..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Drewboyaus
24th July 2013, 05:48 AM
Yea that's a bit BS... I would'a gone off.. If the driver coming up behind can't judge distances then they should be really considering hanging up the keys..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

Mate, no point going off at Victorian cops. You'd be walking if you did.....or shot.

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Rustyboner81
24th July 2013, 06:29 AM
Can you believe I got pulled over this evening because I was going too slow. I pulled out onto bridge in road from my house and obviously the car was a bit cold so it was in no hurry to get up to speed. What also didn't help is that as soon as you turn onto the street there is a bit if a hill. They didn't give me a fine thankfully but told me to wait for it to warm up first, well what do they expect I sit there for 20min or so until he car is up to temp. The excuse they gave me was what if they were an elderly person that could not judge distances, well no offence if you can't judge distances while driving I don't think you should be. (Not that I said hat to them)

Rant over!!!!!

Yeah thats rude ....but do warm it up 10 minutes will extend the life of your engine

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

krbrooking
24th July 2013, 07:36 AM
Yeah thats rude ....but do warm it up 10 minutes will extend the life of your engine

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

I do let it warm up a bit, well open door, start, chuck bag in, seat belt, plug phone in, find music, then slowly move of taking it easy. So not 10 min but the oil will be fully pumped around by then.

Alitis007
24th July 2013, 08:29 AM
Mill park coppers are a joke they will pull you over for stupid reasons but all the people that are meant to be pulled over don't! I've been verbally abused bu a few of them and coz they have called me an efn idiot they cant book me lol what a joke, first of all if i was breaking the law then they have all the right to book me.

Bloodyaussie
24th July 2013, 08:54 AM
Mill park coppers are a joke they will pull you over for stupid reasons but all the people that are meant to be pulled over don't! I've been verbally abused bu a few of them and coz they have called me an efn idiot they cant book me lol what a joke, first of all if i was breaking the law then they have all the right to book me.

I'd book you!!!!!!!!! again and again and again....!!!

fracster
24th July 2013, 09:00 AM
I think i`m gonna move to Aus if this is all you have to worry about with your cops.

Alitis007
24th July 2013, 09:14 AM
I'd book you!!!!!!!!! again and again and again....!!!

I'd pistol whip you but thats another story......

taslucas
24th July 2013, 09:47 AM
I think i`m gonna move to Aus if this is all you have to worry about with your cops.

And that's only in Vic. If you get quarantine clearance to come ti Tassie there's even less to worry about

Bloodyaussie
24th July 2013, 10:09 AM
Touch wood but since I stopped doing the wrong thing the police leave me alone......????

Oldmate1
24th July 2013, 12:14 PM
i got booked about 15 years a go for going to slow. i was doing about 30k's over the limit in the rh lane when i saw a copper in the middle of the highway
so i slowed down to the speed limit and a car past me in the left hand lane so he booked for driving to slow

threedogs
24th July 2013, 12:21 PM
moonee ponds cops shop years ago ,
don't mention the phone book thing it never happened
This morning on the way to Docs [Again] stopped at major traffic lights
I reckon 5 out of 6 cars the drivers were txting, tweeting or what ever they do

Alitis007
24th July 2013, 12:39 PM
I got pulled over in my rx7 a while ago on plenty rd for a "random" check and coz one of the coppers was too close to the car when he turned to go back to their car with my license his gun hit my door he threw my license back at me and took off top speed while i was looking at the scratch he put in it.

krbrooking
24th July 2013, 04:08 PM
Yeh some of them think they are a law unto themselves. I have even seen a marked cop car with the driver on the phone.

BigRAWesty
24th July 2013, 04:34 PM
So I was thinking, a lot of nomads tow at 80. Now that's 30k below here.. Never heard of anyone being booked for that..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

taslucas
24th July 2013, 04:45 PM
Yeh some of them think they are a law unto themselves. I have even seen a marked cop car with the driver on the phone.

Apparently they do "advanced driver training" that means they can use a phone and drive. I asked if I can perhaps do the course too....

Alitis007
24th July 2013, 05:58 PM
So I was thinking, a lot of nomads tow at 80. Now that's 30k below here.. Never heard of anyone being booked for that..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

Legally your not supposed to tow with a car above 80km/h in vic so i have told by truckies that i know

Alitis007
24th July 2013, 06:01 PM
Apparently they do "advanced driver training" that means they can use a phone and drive. I asked if I can perhaps do the course too....

Dw mate i have asked and they said i couldn't.

I know of one copper that will try and race you when hes off duty in his vn berlina and pull you over when he is on duty if you win and see what you have..... I hate double standards!!

mudnut
24th July 2013, 06:04 PM
Are you sure towing over 80ks is illegal in vic?

BigRAWesty
24th July 2013, 06:11 PM
Yea that's large trucks. All trucks are 100 limited, pretty sure road trains are now 80 limited. Which imo is BS aswell.

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of

krbrooking
25th July 2013, 01:16 AM
It's unreal they have rules/laws that say one thing but when it suits there are others that contradict them and say the complete opposite.

Alitis007
25th July 2013, 11:17 AM
Are you sure towing over 80ks is illegal in vic?

Thats what i was told, but i think it could be more on the lines of "not supposed to" apposed to illegal for safety reasons.

Bob
25th July 2013, 12:28 PM
Thats what i was told, but i think it could be more on the lines of "not supposed to" apposed to illegal for safety reasons.

According to my information the following applies

NATIONAL STANDARDS NOW APPLY
Towing limits have been standardised across Australia, putting an end to the differences between regulations in various states.

The new towing regulations allow the owner of a 4WD, ute or car to tow a trailer weighing up to the vehicle maker's recommended maximum.
Unbraked trailers with an all-up weight under 750kg are approved under the new uniform law, but trailers weighing more then 750 kg must be fitted with brakes.

The changes are a result of uniform vehicle standards proposed by the National Road Transport Commission and approved by Federal Parliament.

Also standardised are speed limits for towing vehicles.

In all states except Tasmania and WA, vehicles pulling trailers are allowed to travel at the posted speed limit.

Tasmania is to change its speed restrictions shortly, but at the moment the law restricts vehicles towing a trailer to a posted speed of 90 km/h.
In WA the maximum speed limit is 100 km/h for vehicles towing trailers weighing less than 750 kg and 90 km/h for trailers over 750 kg.

Avo
25th July 2013, 12:44 PM
yeah I got done last holidays travelling at 120.the copper(god bless her soul) was a bitch,totally,even the bloke reckons she was having a bad day and appolagised for her when he came back to the car with the fine.Flashed me coming towards her at 120 and wasn't till she realised that I had a trailer well that just made her day.20 km over = 2 points and 150 dollars

TPC
25th July 2013, 01:02 PM
A bloke heading up to Leigh Creek last week got done doing 130kph in a 110 zone while overtaking in overtaking lane and got fined $700.
There are times when the only way to get passed a slow vehicle is to speed as the bastards speed up when they get to an overtaking lane.

krbrooking
25th July 2013, 04:52 PM
yeah I got done last holidays travelling at 120.the copper(god bless her soul) was a bitch,totally,even the bloke reckons she was having a bad day and appolagised for her when he came back to the car with the fine.Flashed me coming towards her at 120 and wasn't till she realised that I had a trailer well that just made her day.20 km over = 2 points and 150 dollars

Your lucky, I got a speeding fine here for doing 13k( between 11 & 20k's) over and got 3points and a $283 fine.

dads tractor
26th July 2013, 10:16 PM
There are times when the only way to get passed a slow vehicle is to speed as the bastards speed up when they get to an overtaking lane

That's when they wake up or when a mt stubbie hits their rear window.