PDA

View Full Version : ZD 3Ltr engine lots of smoke and no power 2007 GU help

Harry62
23rd July 2013, 01:03 PM
Just bought car 2007 build done 81,000 Kms no lead up suddenly blowing lots of black smoke and no power

threedogs
23rd July 2013, 02:35 PM
hi mate sounds like you popped an intercooler hose off, remove engine cover and check,
I know you're stressing but pop over to the intros and let us know a bit about yourself.
just something the forum asks of us all.
no harm done just re fit hose and retighten
blue one in my pic pops off
well used too. not now

threedogs
23rd July 2013, 02:42 PM
Also may pay to buy some MAF cleaner spray from SCA or Jaycar and clean your Maf
as soot may have built up, be sure its dry before reinstalling, disconnect battery doing this.
don't touch maf with fingers spray only

june
23rd July 2013, 05:06 PM
yes I have had hose blow off where 3D mentioned. heaps of black smoke and loss of power.

Col.T
23rd July 2013, 07:19 PM
Doggy,
is it neccessary to disconnect the battery when spraying the MAF sensor? I haven't done that.
Also, if you do disconnect, isn't there a time delay involved in reconnecting? Have some vague recollection that a delay is required to allow the computer to get it's stuff together again.
Not so??
Col

scotty83
23rd July 2013, 08:28 PM
Leave it disconnected for about 20mins this should reset the ecu which is what you are trying to achieve also check your air filter at the same time.

ScottyB Motoring

Harry62
13th September 2013, 11:21 AM
O.K. thanks problem turned out to be bad / loose wire connection in wiring loom for fuel system has been O.K. since repaired and at the time I was in Darwin on holidays from Adelaide
Thanks again. Harry62