PDA

View Full Version : Air lock is killing me can't get rid of it

Poodog
22nd July 2013, 09:41 PM
Any suggestion would be great tried 3 times today getting a new thermostat tomorrow.. It's weird I drove 90kms the other day no worries on the way home I stop at some roadworks for 5 mins then when I told off about 2 mins later hot as high as the needle could go went for a drive today about 25km drove straight there no worries before I headed back I sat there and let it idle for 5-10 mins and sure enough within a few mins straight to hot got home undone the bottom radiator hose straight away (within 5mins) and not hot at all you could shower under it

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2013, 10:52 PM
Take the thermostat out and test it in a saucepan and boil up some water to see what temp it opens, if it functions ok then you Temperature sender is knackers mate.

A new temp sender or an aftermarket gauge.

Was the top hose hot? Did the engine smell hot?

Poodog
22nd July 2013, 11:00 PM
What temp should it open at?? Na top hose was right I'm pretty sure i didnt notice it being hotter when i undone it ill retest it in the morning didn't smell hot wat would it mean if the top hose was hot??

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2013, 11:07 PM
That the gauge was right! I don't think it is mate, check your earth and power to the sender and consider changing it. The thermostat should open in the 90s. Not sure what number mate. Maybe even something like 87

Poodog
22nd July 2013, 11:09 PM
Will do cheers mate

AB
23rd July 2013, 07:04 AM
The number should be on the thermostat mate

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
23rd July 2013, 07:08 AM
Are you dual fuel ??
To release airlock ,park facing uphill the steeper the better within reason.
cut the base off a 2lt coke bottle and use this in radiator to raise your fill point.
With your motor running fill coke bottle ,Squeeze top hose now the then to force bubbles +
water around the system. Beware or extra hot water.

Poodog
23rd July 2013, 07:26 AM
Na mate just petrol, will try that as well cheers mate

Rustyboner81
23rd July 2013, 07:31 AM
When you bleed it have the heater on.
Its the only way to bleed the whole system

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Motorculture mobile app

Rustyboner81
23rd July 2013, 07:38 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUpXgAJ1gjU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzUpXgAJ1gjU

These links dont ussually work from my phone but i sent you a PM.

"Etcg how to bleed a coolent system" just google search that

Poodog
23rd July 2013, 07:59 AM
Pretty much done the same thing yesterday but with the heater on gunna get a thermostat throw that in and start again