PDA

View Full Version : When do you not have do to NADS on the 3.0Ltrs?

BiLLz0r
20th July 2013, 07:52 AM
I'm just wondering were the NADS issues ever fixed on the 3.0ltrs? I hear about it a lot with the GU-GU III's but not so much after that. Was it fixed for the later models and if so what year?

macca86
20th July 2013, 08:01 AM
It's believed 03 onwards models are less prone to it and commonrails are even less likely to detonate but let's face it its a 3lt 4 cylinder pushing 3 tonne it's a candle with a wick will only go so long.

threedogs
20th July 2013, 09:17 AM
I reckon all the Direct Injection are prone to over boosting, therefore Nads would be very helpful. To about 2003 as above
Minimum I would install boost and EGT gauges to turbo diesel to let you know whats happening under the bonnet
Common Rail at least EGR block and gauges

Steve4wdin
20th July 2013, 09:28 AM
The CRD 3lt engines have got a better computer safety in them compared to the direct injection ones. How ever to be sure to be sure a daws and needle valve and at least a boost gauge will see many years of trouble free fun.
Remember what NADS stands for? " Nissan anti detonation system."
Steve

mudski
24th July 2013, 07:30 PM
Doing the NADs on a common rail is not realy there to prevent the engine from dropping a grenade in a pot. Its there because the owner wants better control over how the car reacts, or drives. Much like someone using a Turbosmart boost control in a TD42.
Even though the ECU is a lot better than the earlier Di's useless POS. Its more about how you as the driver wants it. Not how the ECU wants it.
The Dawes valves are also commonly, sort of, used on the MN series Tritons, and VW TDi's. They also use a VNT and a lot of guys use the Dawes much in the same way we use them for our Patrols to control how we want the turbo to behave.

Capish?