PDA

View Full Version : How important is customer service to you?

PMC
19th July 2013, 04:02 PM
G'day lounge lizards!

How important is customer service to you?

I personally farken firmly believe, that good customer service is the lifeblood of any business!

My opinion again, great customer service is all about bringing customers back. About sending them away happy, happy enough to pass on positive feedback about your personal experience with that business along to friends or forum members.

They then might try the product or service themselves and hopefully experienced the same effect and they too might offer that to their friends and in their turn they become repeat customers!

The essence of good customer service is forming a relationship with customers, a relationship that that individual customer feels that he/she would like to pursue again and also share with others!

Thats my farken take on the subject.

However, lately i have experienced disgraceful customer service and even though the product was good the service was woeful. The bad experience (poor customer service) has now made me rethink my business to another supplier for the same product!

What do you think and have you suffered a similar experience?

Regards,

RLI
:sterb003:

BigRAWesty
19th July 2013, 05:26 PM
Absolutely. Even if they are the cheapest, if they don't look after me I walk out.. Miter 10 down here hired what seemed the retirement home.
Now nothing wrong with the age, but they showed no interest in helping, or when they did it was like your questioning a statue..

So I always go to the little local guy. They need all the help they can get atm..

Sent from my C6603 using Motorculture mobile app

Hodge
19th July 2013, 05:28 PM
There is nothing worse, than walking into a shop or service centre of some sort and get greeted by some drongo, who clearly has no intention and/or knowledge and/or ambition to help you out. We all at some stage bumped into those types. You walk into a shop and there he/she is standing, barely alive, clearly just there because they're getting paid, and hating life because now that you've walked in they may have to do something or look something up for you. But then there are those stores where you actually get approached and assisted with the right attitude.

Several examples from my end. Having an IT background, shopping at computer stores, place called MSY is by far the cheapest. However, their service is absolutely woeful. If it involves anything more than paying for an item and walking out, such as warranty issues and product availability, they just do not want to know you. They've been fined by the ACCC few years ago for exactly that.

Another one is a local turbo business, where I will never walk into again. Unless I was in there to buy/get a brand new turbo fitted, the bloke didn't ' want to know me. He just was not interested in me explaining the story of my potential turbo issue to him. Before I even mentioned what's wrong, he was straight onto the quotes for a brand new turbo fitted for about $2.5k. They advertise turbo rebuilding, repairs, etc. Mate you lost me...

On a positive note, my local arb store I've yet to have troubles with even after shopping there for years. Few blokes in there much better than others but you get that. Walk in have a friendly chat, they suggested things outside the square, done things they normally would not like help out with 3rd party parts fitting, delivery, removal etc etc... I don't see why I wouldn't want to keep shopping there.

Anyways I'm with RLI on this one. Good customer relation sells the business. Word of mouth, especially during this internet and forums era, travels very far. Unfortunately we're more likely to hear negatives rather than positives. But that's embedded into human DNA.

paulyg
19th July 2013, 05:50 PM
I don't mind paying a little more if I get good customer service.
Something I really hate is when they say I will ring you by a certain time and never ring at all.

Avo
19th July 2013, 06:01 PM
rant on
I totally believe in customer service.In reality I don't give a rats arse if you want to charge more.i'll pay more 9 times out of 10 just because I know I have back up.whats the point of getting the bargin of the century if the store is a sh!theap and no one cares once you walk out.I have a bad habbit of walking out of shops that do not offer helping hand.What I mean is if I can't find something I make a point of hey I need help,don't offer it stick ya shop up ya ersa.Like trying to find a brakes atm.Rang the rda mob for the closest local dealer as it couldn't tell me on the pc.they said they'd get back to me with more info and they haven't so now my car aint getting that brand.how hard is it to actually follow up.Now I wanted these brake after a thread I posted last week and some one had said they are good,maybe but there service i sh!t.
Rant off.

paulyg
19th July 2013, 06:14 PM
wa 489 that was probably me that said rda a good, but I got them of ebay.

89gqpatrol4x4
19th July 2013, 06:21 PM
example of bad service, BUNNINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We call the employees in there red shirts blood clots as they hang around in groups talking amongst themselves. I went there last night to get some timber etc for a Saturday job, went to the "trade counter" and she was so busy on the phone she couldn't even acknowledge me, the other employee was also on the phone! I then went to the trade shop and got a hand saw then back to the timber rack, cut up the hardwood I needed and left without so much as a can I help you! I have done this so many times I can't remember! If they hadn't killed off all the small guys that's where I would go in a hart beat!!!!!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
19th July 2013, 06:37 PM
Even with bad products, good customer service should bring you back.

TPC
19th July 2013, 06:40 PM
For me it depends on what I am buying, when buying stuff like hardware good service is required and as 89gqpatrol4x4 said you cannot get that from Bunnings.
I used to shop at a Mitre 10 store close to home and the guys in there new every item they sold and what its use was but they unfortunately they could not compete with Bunnings and closed down.

If I am getting computer parts I go to MSY because they are cheap, there service is non existent but I go in there knowing the part no of what I want, for people who need assistance I would never recommend they go there.

P4trol
19th July 2013, 08:03 PM
I think there's two types of shopping for me.

1) I know exactly what I want, and what is a good price.

2) I don't know what I need.

3) It it isn't available anywhere else or on the net.

1 gets sourced on the interwebby thing.

2 & 3 get sourced locally.

I agree with RLI that the employees are the face of your business. Some go out of their way to help. I love this and like others, often pay more just because going in there is a pleasure. If I needed them to tell me what I want, I pay for it.

The unhelpful ones. I take extra effort to not go there. I have developed new patience and wait for evilbay items from china, or do without until I travel. No rewards for poor or rude service.

(the attitude here is: take it (the rude service and high prices) or leave it. We're the only people that sell/do this, so we know you will be back)

gaddy
19th July 2013, 08:04 PM
Customer service is everything I spent 23 years in s major supermarket chain early in my career service was a key factor , sadly it was not a focus latter on , I am a rep in the industry now and looking as a visitor to the stores now it has not improved , yet in the independent stores they will do what ever is required to get repeat sales , unfortunately in s lot of the major retail it is all about profit and telling the consumer what they will buy , and not listening to what the consumer wants ,

PS why cant the powerd that be see that fuel pricing and shopper docket discounts linked ,

Sorry a little off topic but all related

Winnie
19th July 2013, 08:13 PM
At my work we have one opposition business in town..... they are the best competition we could ever ask for. The staff are all incredibly knowledgeable and have been in the industry for 30+ years! BUT! they have been doing it so long they just do not give a crap any more. If a customer goes in "do you have this" the answer is usually "nope." Not, "nah mate we don't have anything here but I could probably get something for you?"
Best advice I ever got with walk-in customers was to greet people 50 years old + as "sir" and people younger than that as "mate." Seems to work every time!

TPC
19th July 2013, 08:57 PM
Best advice I ever got with walk-in customers was to greet people 50 years old + as "sir" and people younger than that as "mate." Seems to work every time!

I like that, show respect to customers.

PMC
19th July 2013, 09:40 PM
G'day Trendsetters,

Farkkk,providing good customer service is a simple thing! All businesses need to do is have a simple set of traits as a rule of thumb. This is some of my principles i adhered to when i was in business. they were;

(A) Answer phone calls and e-mails. Businesses sure make that someone is picking up the phone when a potential customer calls your business. (Notice I say "someone". farken people want to talk to a live person, not a farken "recorded message".)

(B) Listen to your customers. There is nothing more irritating than telling someone what you want or what your problem is and then discover that that person hasn't been paying attention and then farken needs to be have it all explained again?

(c) Deal with complaints properly and promptly. No one likes hearing complaints, and many of us have developed a reflex shrug, saying, "You can't please all the people all the time". Maybe not, but if businesses give the complaint proper attention,they just may be able to please some of there customers and probably position their business to reap the benefits of good customer service!

(d) Businesses need to train there staff (if they have any) to be always helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. Businesses need to train and regularly talk to their staff about good customer service and what it is (and isn't) regularly. (Good Customer Service: How to Help a Customer explains the basics of ensuring positive staff-customer interactions.)

(e) Take the extra step. For instance, lead the customer to what they want. Better yet, wait and see if he/she has questions about it, or needs further assistance. Always be helpful, even if there's no immediate profit in it for now. There might be later on!

The irony of good customer service Trendsetters, is that over time it will bring in more new customers than promotions and price slashing ever did! I wish certain businesses in Australia practiced some of these traits!

Regards,

RLI

BigRAWesty
20th July 2013, 05:11 AM
Couldn't agree more mate.
A recent job I did for a custom canoe rack on a camper trailer had me around his place for 2 hours before I even had the job nutting out where and how we would get around a few obstacles he had..
He told me the first bloke walked in looked at it and said, 'you need brakes' and walked out..
Now this is true, he needed an upgrade, but I talked to him about how simple it really is, 2 weeks later I'm helping install them and then I got the rack job.
He was so pleased with the out come he's now hitting me up with another $500+ worth the jobs and splashing these things all over the local camping pages...

So you my friend are spot on..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

macca86
20th July 2013, 06:58 AM
I thought I was in to a winner an old school friend ran a shop called jw race solutions he done mechanical work on my commodore and was great work tried him with the gu zd30 I will never recommend him ever again and am easy to direct people away from there and go to auto xperts instead. My clutch blew was solely their fault after my submarine incident I got her fixed as all manner of things broke was told it was fixed drove 10 metres and I said clutch is f!cked its slipping hard oh we test drove it will be fine just water needs to dry out so I drove it to the farm clutch bew up 130km from home expensive tow at least he saw my out raged Facebook called me opened the shop but still charged me to replace clutch. They took ages never called I was always chasing charged heaps took their time don't get e started on the gearbox and air on pulley they broke beneboy big rig and mud donk can attest to that they and myself done a better job.basicly if it wasn't a performance car you got ship service. Daniel from http://www.autoxpertsmechanical.com.au/ is a god send hes nissannewbys mate great service loves his patrols very experienced he bent over backwards to sell me his gearbox and aircon pulley great prices he will get my work from my patrol and my wife's new ve ss sportswagon top bloke top job

macca86
20th July 2013, 07:14 AM
On other customer service related issues I'm a fair man but if you can't provide service you don't get my custom. Simple things like food service if I need to repeat myself more than 3 times and you still get my order wrong I just say dont worry about it if you're this incompetent I wouldn't want to eat your food Pizza Hut rockhampton was good for that! If you provide good to great service I pay more and will continue to use you George's paragon sanctuary cove amazing food well priced and great service also I've had 2 dealings with beanstead car yard in springwood both times very pleasant bought the wife's ss their last week te car was great sold its self they wanted 30g would have paid it too for te car but they gave us 1500 trade in on the wife's mirage that was dented side broken exhaust bald tyres 20 days rego needs brakes pisses oil out all sea,s(5 l every month) had a big end rattle after 2500 rpm and had 300000km haha they cut out any bs in the sale were well educated as I normally for fun go car shopping on weekend for fun with the wife to test drive things and ake up stories but a,ways ask tricky questions to catch them out this guy knew it all well played sir

kevin07
20th July 2013, 11:12 AM
ive worked with the public all my life and customer service is everything and when I feel im not being treated right I correct their attitude and walk out.

threedogs
20th July 2013, 11:28 AM
I actually think ppl don't care any more, years ago ppl asking all the time "can I help you" No just looking thanks.
Would customer service come from belief in the Product, why try and sell {Lie} something if you know its Shite.
I'm a bit old School and reckon word of mouth is the best advertising. Plus you need to know everything about what your selling
I remember with Dad "Fill it up and check the oil please", the guy would show dad the dip stick proving it was low and required a pint.
Most sales staff these days have scripted answers, or as Winnie put basically don't give a flying fig, cause they're the only mob for miles.
I know where I'd shop and that would be Winnies. A polite hello COST YOU NOTHING ITS THE SAME PRICE AS A SMILE,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Was a joke about customer service, for those who know it ended "and would you like a lawn mower with that" lol

Heres one for everyone to try next time at McDonalds ask for a Chocolate milk shake, Bet ya she/he says what flavour,works every time lol

lhurley
20th July 2013, 03:31 PM
Having worked in retail a few years i can kinda see it from the other side. I was once asked by a lady why i didnt know everything about everything in the shop, she was quite rude about it too, i simply said, 'if i went and had training on everything in this shop i would never be here to help you'. I worked for a major retailer at the time, in a 85,000m sq shop.
In saying that, its an attitude thing i believe. If the customer was polite to me, after greeting them, then i would do everything i could. If they were rude to me, then i had no time for them. I dont go to work to be your personal punching bag.

When i deal with shops as a customer, i will always be direct, get to the point but still be nice about it. Tell them straight up what i want and what i want to know. Example; i wanted an additional battery and car charger for my go pro. Went it to the camera shop assuming being a camera shop they would have better knowledge about the product and answer my questions. Go into the shop, there is 1 staff member there, already helping another customer, the staff member didnt even acknowledge me, im wearing hi vis mind you stand out a lot, he actually turned away from me. So i walked out. Thats the last time i will ever walk in that shop again. His loss. I walked into another shop, got what i wanted, asked the questions, admittedly he didnt know 100% but he helped and so i spent my money there, and i will happily go back.

DX grunt
20th July 2013, 03:45 PM
We have a local family run furniture/bedding shop nearby, who have built their business on competiveness and service. A couple of examples....we were having trouble with a matress with a 15yr warranty.....they took it back to the manufacturer for free, and it only cost us freight to get from the manufacturer back to their shop. They then gave us a lend of their trailer and matress trolley to bring it home - no charge (150km round trip)

My step daughter bought a heap of furniture off them and they were going to pack their trailer up and protect the furniture, then let her borrow it for the 800km round trip to return the trailer - for free, but my wife decided to use our trailer. Never the less, they still packed our trailer for us and protected the newly acquired furniture.

Their after sales service is brilliant, and quite often their shop beats the city prices, too!

We've been dealing with this business for about 13 years now. In this shop you're not just a number or a stat for their till !!

Winnie
20th July 2013, 04:33 PM
Ins hard at my work when people ask for advice on stuff. I work for an electrical wholesaler, people ask things like, what size circuit breakers should I use, what size cable should I use etc... I don't know, I'm not an electrician.

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

Clunk
20th July 2013, 04:55 PM
Ins hard at my work when people ask for advice on stuff. I work for an electrical wholesaler, people ask things like, what size circuit breakers should I use, what size cable should I use etc... I don't know, I'm not an electrician.

Yeah you would think that the electricians coming in to buy the stuff should know lol............ I work for a company that supplies the electrical wholesalers.

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
20th July 2013, 04:56 PM

Jeezus, that is concerning..........what freaking trade school did they go to?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

Cuppa
20th July 2013, 05:44 PM
I think the worst customer service is the "Hello can I help you today" from the expert who isn't, 'cos they then carry on to try to sound as expert as possible when they know 2/3rds of FA. It's not their fault, they are inevitably empoyees of large franchises or nationwide hardware stores & it's what they are taught to do. It seems friendly & helpful but inevitably they know less than I do, recommend something I don't want, & generally waste my time. On the occasions when I do actually need their assistance their lack of knowledge shines through & I wish I hadn't asked. Unfortunately the places where you could buy nails in paper bags by weight & get advice on which were best for specific jobs have long gone.

There are still a couple of shops in town where I get good service. It can be months between visits, but I am always greeted by name & with a smile upon entry, & can always rely on gettng good advice. Both are farm supply shops.

Cuppa

Winnie
20th July 2013, 05:59 PM
Nah it's the cashies that come in who are obviously going to do some of their own electrical work.

Trying to use Motorculture

Clunk
20th July 2013, 06:35 PM
Nah it's the cashies that come in who are obviously going to do some of their own electrical work.

Trying to use Motorculture

Mate, I am dumbfounded at some of the questions we get asked by so called sparkies

My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

PMC
20th July 2013, 07:17 PM
G'evening fellow lounge lizards,

Great responses keep them coming! Hopefully some of the farken business described might just stray upon this thread. lol

Regards,

RLI

P4trol
20th July 2013, 11:18 PM
G'evening fellow lounge lizards,

Great responses keep them coming! Hopefully some of the farken business described might just stray upon this thread. lol

Regards,

RLI

Probably the same day we see a farken blur moon.

TPC
21st July 2013, 12:03 AM
I was working at Prominent Hill mine site several years ago setting up their communications system and had the need of various hardware items.
I drove into Coober Pedy on a Saturday and got to a hardware store just after 12 and drove into the car park and noticed it was closed.
The owner had just finished shutting up and he saw me and ran up to my car before I left to check what I want, I told him what I was after and he opened the store back up for me.
By the time I left I had about $300 worth of hardware and said I would be back again, he gave me his home number and said to call him any time and he would open the store for me.
That is what I call good customer service and it was good for him too as I probably spent about 4k at his store before the job was finished and told everybody else to go there.

SonOf
21st July 2013, 06:57 PM
I will definately pay the extra for good service. I also am of the opinion that you do not try to flog stuff to people that is not what they want. When I was a sales rep my boss would rape me for sending the customer to the competition when the I coukd not suppky the client with what they wanted. He was of the opinion that you sell them anything and make them want it. My local TJM guy is great for service and due to that I give him the business, even though he is a little pricey. Same with my local hardware, theyare happy to help, take time out to chat with you and will let you use their truck etc without charge. I think for me it is taking the time to listen to the customer and hear what they want and be willing to say in some cases that you don't have whatbtyey want but can, if you know, direct them to where they can get it. I will always give that place a second shot whenI want something that I know they have.

BigRAWesty
22nd July 2013, 12:05 AM
I think the worst customer service is the "Hello can I help you today" from the expert who isn't, 'cos they then carry on to try to sound as expert as possible when they know 2/3rds of FA. It's not their fault, they are inevitably empoyees of large franchises or nationwide hardware stores & it's what they are taught to do. It seems friendly & helpful but inevitably they know less than I do, recommend something I don't want, & generally waste my time. On the occasions when I do actually need their assistance their lack of knowledge shines through & I wish I hadn't asked. Unfortunately the places where you could buy nails in paper bags by weight & get advice on which were best for specific jobs have long gone.

There are still a couple of shops in town where I get good service. It can be months between visits, but I am always greeted by name & with a smile upon entry, & can always rely on gettng good advice. Both are farm supply shops.

Cuppa

A classic example of this has happened here. I remember reading a build thread for a set of draws. Awesome setup, like the Swiss army knife of draw systems. The bloke at bunnings said to use double sided tape to apply the carpet... :banghead: Of course this failed so the owner used staples and now it looks, well rushed and not pretty..
Any sales person with half an idea would have said contact adhesives straight up..

Kallen Westbrook
Owner of
Westy's Accessories (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?15134-Westy-s-Accessories.-A-small-back-yard-builder.)

yeah_m8
22nd July 2013, 01:16 AM
Good customer service is the life blood of any business, if the customer goes away dissatisfied then so does their money and so does your business.
I recently spent spent 15k+ at a business, although their workmanship is ok, the product works well, their customer service leaves a lot to be desired and I'm finding I'm getting the run around on just getting simple paper work that I need for my records even after calling once a week for the last 6weeks requesting paper work.
I had budgeted a further 10-15k for further products an work but are now considering going to another supplier.

Limmy
22nd July 2013, 10:24 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/neegas007/Every-Business-Ever.jpg

MEGOMONSTER
22nd July 2013, 10:28 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l203/neegas007/Every-Business-Ever.jpg

Aint it true.

PMC
24th July 2013, 07:07 PM
Aint it true.

Sounds like a West Aussie business. lol

Regards,

RLI

rkinsey
24th July 2013, 09:51 PM
RLI. This is a subject that I am also passionate about. I believe that customer service is the lifeblood of any business and it is the reason I started in the computer service business over 15 years ago and haven’t looked back since.

Customer Service is not difficult, the only answer to any question is "Yes". The next questions are just who pays for it and how long will it take.

Im not saying that you have to do everything that a customer asks or demands, and yes, there are a few customers out there that are categorized as "Difficult" but if you are unable to supply a service or goods for whatever reason, it just takes simple communication to point the customer in the right direction.

PMC
25th July 2013, 08:37 PM
G'day folks,

I recently purchased a TD05 18G turbo with a billet wheel from Kinugawa in Japan. It took six days from the time i paid Eiji Takada at Kando dynamic in Japan and then from him then sending the order through to his company in Taiwan and then the company having delivered to my front door. Outstanding service! I wish some Australian companies were as efficient!

Regards,

RLI

Dam355
25th July 2013, 09:58 PM
Hey RLI, I have done the same as you with the Kinugawa. Had it in 5 days!

I am sick of the crap service I am getting ATM.
Bought a Dewalt hammer drill 2 months ago from a tool place and it broke a few days ago. Took it back and they said will have to send it away to get fixed. It will take up to 2 weeks. Lucky I had a spare!!

Cheers.

Kast
25th July 2013, 10:21 PM
Any business that can't work out that treating customers like shit will see them walk / never return deserve to go broke.

It's pretty clear
1. Most if us will refer business for good service and sledge them for bad!
2. Most of us will gladly pay more if we think we're getting something for it ie treated well.
3. Return business is profitable business plus if you can make a good dollar from referrals you don't have to advertise as much.

Funnily enough it's also similar the other way. If you're a pita customer, they mightn't want you!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

PMC
26th July 2013, 12:17 PM
G'day folks,

I am extremely impressed with service from MTQ Brisbane, i ordered an 3inch dump-pipe last Monday afternoon and the thing was delivered in less that 20 hrs on the Tuesday.

I then ordered an exhaust manifold gasket from MTQ Brisbane yesterday afternoon and it arrived at this morning at 11.20am!

PS, Now that's what i call service!

Regards,

RLI

Wine_maker
26th July 2013, 03:54 PM
According to MBA Course, the evolution of business orientations is following:
Orientation to producer ( XXXX - 1850) - Orientation to sales (1850 - 1970)- Orientation to marketing (1970 - 2000) - Orientation to Customer (2000 and further).
The customer dictates what goods he needs, but in the meantime he need good service and warm relationship to his own person.
Only monopolistic companies, with vitally important goods can offer bad service but it is spur ended track.

PMC
27th July 2013, 03:25 PM
According to MBA Course, the evolution of business orientations is following:
Orientation to producer ( XXXX - 1850) - Orientation to sales (1850 - 1970)- Orientation to marketing (1970 - 2000) - Orientation to Customer (2000 and further).
The customer dictates what goods he needs, but in the meantime he need good service and warm relationship to his own person.
Only monopolistic companies, with vitally important goods can offer bad service but it is spur ended track.

G'day mate,

Well stated!

PS, hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

Regards,

RLI

Wine_maker
28th July 2013, 02:44 AM
G'day mate,

Well stated!

PS, hows the weather in your neck of the woods?

Regards,

RLI

Hi!
Hot. +38 and higher daily, and +25 at night.
And how is your winter?

TPC
28th July 2013, 02:54 AM
Hi!
Hot. +38 and higher daily, and +25 at night.
And how is your winter?

Its been a wet winter through a lot of Australia, which is good.
Above average rainfall where I am.

Wine_maker
28th July 2013, 03:02 AM
Not bad! The spring is near for you.
And warm and dry autumn for us +15+20.

Madden
29th July 2013, 08:11 PM
im hearing ya. ive been in mackay for 2 years ,these assOs wouldn't no c=good customer service if it wacked em with a bit of 4b2.

Wine_maker
29th July 2013, 09:22 PM
Bee cool guys, if business practice bad service it will be bankrupt soon. Except they have lowest price in the world.

P4trol
29th July 2013, 10:09 PM
Sometimes businesses survive because they have little or no competition.

NP99
29th July 2013, 10:22 PM
Retail is suffering? Service might be part of the problem!

YNOT
29th July 2013, 10:26 PM
im hearing ya. ive been in mackay for 2 years ,these assOs wouldn't no c=good customer service if it wacked em with a bit of 4b2.

Try using "reply with quote" instead of "reply" in threads like this, that way people can see which post you are replying to.

Clunk
29th July 2013, 10:27 PM

I think in the case of retail, it's not the service but the consumers insatiable desire for a lesser price.

PMC
31st July 2013, 04:34 PM

Well stated mate!

Regards,

Paul

PMC
16th August 2013, 04:12 PM
G'day Lounge Lizards!

I cannot get over the customer service from Eiji Takada and his company Kando dynamic. (Kinugawa)

It only took 6 days from when i ordered and paid for the turbo to be delivered to my front door. Some turbo suppliers in this country take over 6 weeks to delivery a similar kit, which is extremely pathetic and they treat their customers like dog-shit!

What makes things worse is that some of these turbo suppliers customer service is non farken existent. No wonder the South East Asian countries are taking over our heavy industries markets!

Typical, the packaging from Kinugawa was superb, not like some turbo suppliers in this country that fail to take pride in there packaging, let alone there poor customer service. In particular, one turbo suppliers packaging, comprises of packing a new turbocharger in a second hand box stuffed together with crap pieces of paper! All for around $3,000.00. What a farken joke Trendsetters!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
26th August 2013, 10:16 AM
G'day Trendsetters,

Another one of my pet hates, is businesses that are so arrogant (that far up themselves) and because they think they have a good product, they think they can treat there customers like bullshit-mushrooms ( keep the customer in the dark and when the customer keeps inquiring for an up date on the product that they purchased, just feed them bullshit!)

I am a ware of several of our forum members that have made several inquiries to a particular turbo business regarding up-grading to an TD05 18G billet wheel. You guessed it lounge lizards, our forum members and other members form a well know 4x4 club on the mid north coast of NSW are being treated like a bunch of farken bullshit-mushrooms!

I am so glad that this particular business must be making so much money that it does not need new customers and can treat its existing customers like lepers. I am sick and tired of receiving e-mails and phone calls to my home from genuine Patrol owners seeking advice about this companies products. I here the same rhetoric day in day out, "we tried to contact that business, but they do not reply to our calls or messages left! "They do not reply to my e-mails", "I left a message with the secretary and i am still waiting for a call" , "It has been 4 weeks and still no response to my inquiries, do these people want my business", "Gees they must be good, as they do not want my business" !

These are some of the responses that i receive from disgruntled potential customers. Personally, i farken think that particular business, is nothing more than a parasite on the arse of Patrol owners. Whilst industry is suffering and declining around Australia and with China and other south East Asian countries offering better service at a cheaper price, we should be bending backwards to look after our customers and not treating them like bullshit-mushrooms!

In the future when i am asked advice i about this business and its products, i will be advising to stay well clear due to extremely poor customer service attitude.

As previously stated, good customer service is a simple thing! All businesses need to do is have a simple set of traits as a rule of thumb. Like the following;

(A) Answer phone calls and e-mails. Businesses sure make that someone is picking up the phone when a potential customer calls your business. (Notice I say "someone". farken people want to talk to a live person, not a farken "recorded message".)

(B) Listen to your customers. There is nothing more irritating than telling someone what you want or what your problem is and then discover that that person hasn't been paying attention and then farken needs to be have it all explained again?

(c) Deal with complaints properly and promptly. No one likes hearing complaints, and many of us have developed a reflex shrug, saying, "You can't please all the people all the time". Maybe not, but if businesses give the complaint proper attention,they just may be able to please some of there customers and probably position their business to reap the benefits of good customer service!

(d) Businesses need to train there staff (if they have any) to be always helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. Businesses need to train and regularly talk to their staff about good customer service and what it is (and isn't) regularly. (Good Customer Service: How to Help a Customer explains the basics of ensuring positive staff-customer interactions.)

(e) Take the extra step. For instance, lead the customer to what they want. Better yet, wait and see if he/she has questions about it, or needs further assistance. Always be helpful, even if there's no immediate profit in it for now. There might be later on!

The irony of good customer service Trendsetters, is that over time it will bring in more new customers than promotions and price slashing ever did! I wish certain businesses in Australia practiced some of these traits!

Regards,

RLI

Kast
27th August 2013, 12:15 AM
Amen.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Clunk
27th August 2013, 01:07 AM
Very well put RLI but there is a but and that but is the customer who makes unreasonable demands, ones that are unfortunately not possible to fulfil.
Now before anyone pipes up, I'm not saying that this is the case in the company that Paul is talking about here.

I'm sick and tired of customers who always complain no matter how far backwards you bend over in order to help. The ones that are never satisfied after they've woken you up at 3am on a Sunday morning, got you out of bed and driven 20ks to open up the warehouse because they've got a breakdown situation and require help with a part. You don't actually have the exact same thing they need but you're able to find something that will get them out of shit until we can fly then something over from another branch. The ones that aren't happy that you don't keep that exact part on the shelf, the ones that are too friggin tight to keep a couple of $30 parts as spares themselves. The same ones that don't even thank you for getting them out of the shit.............. I sure love some of my customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant now friggin over.

PMC
27th August 2013, 09:18 AM
Very well put RLI but there is a but and that but is the customer who makes unreasonable demands, ones that are unfortunately not possible to fulfil.
Now before anyone pipes up, I'm not saying that this is the case in the company that Paul is talking about here.

I'm sick and tired of customers who always complain no matter how far backwards you bend over in order to help. The ones that are never satisfied after they've woken you up at 3am on a Sunday morning, got you out of bed and driven 20ks to open up the warehouse because they've got a breakdown situation and require help with a part. You don't actually have the exact same thing they need but you're able to find something that will get them out of shit until we can fly then something over from another branch. The ones that aren't happy that you don't keep that exact part on the shelf, the ones that are too friggin tight to keep a couple of $30 parts as spares themselves. The same ones that don't even thank you for getting them out of the shit.............. I sure love some of my customers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant now friggin over.

G'day Clunk,

Well stated mate and so true, there is definitely those customer's out there that constantly whinge for the sake of complaining!

On the weekend in Coffs Harbour there was a business seminar conducted regarding Customer service. The essence of the seminar was that overseas tourist found that customer service in Australia was very poor compared to other countries around the world. The topics covered were;

(1) What sort of customer experience does your business create for your customers.

(2) Are customers always happy when they leave your business.

(3) Do your customers think that the experience could have been made better.

Reference was made to Fiji by the presenter that when he recently had a holiday in Fiji he saw a ten point motto on a school wall for delivering exceptional service to customers. The key points were "talk to the customer", "learn the customers name" "smile at the customer" "ask the customer how they can help them" "be courteous at all times" this was to name a few.

The presenter stated it made him wonder what we expect as customers, where it is delivered best, and how do we use our service levels to look after existing customers or attract new ones. The presenter further stated the importance of first impressions and what is needed to create the best customer service experience possible.

In the Army soldiers would use the abbreviation CDF (Common Dog Fark) to explain what was regarded to be simple or common sense! Customer service should be simple and a basic automatic response!

Regards,

RLI

threedogs
27th August 2013, 06:23 PM
years ago a young bloke in jeans and t shirt walked into a Mercedes dealership and
asked if he could place an order for 12 poulman Mercedes, salesman laughed and kicked him out,
A few days later he returned in a suit with his father mr Tobin Snr, yes the big funeral director from TOBIN BROS.
needless to say the salesman was fired, Don't believe in what you see as that order was over I/2 a mill$$$, 20 years ago.
True story

PMC
7th October 2013, 01:07 PM
G'day folks,

I cannot get over the customer service from overseas v local customer service! I recently purchased turbo stainless steel T/Bolt flanges, aluminum inter-cooling piping and silicone hoses from the US. In Australia the flanges cost between $4 and $8.00 each, however, delivered from the states $ 1.90 each including postage. Inter-cooling piping $15.00 including postage, the same item here between $25.00 and $35.00 each. Silicone hoses 7 ply thickness $15 to $18.00 including postage, here in Australia "cheap" 3 or 5 ply will cost you between $25.00 to $40.00 each for the same hose.

I was stunned that all my t/bolt flanges, aluminum inter-cooling piping and silicone hoses were delivered from the US in less than 8 days. Certain turbo suppliers in Australia take farken months to deliver goods.

PS, certain elements in this great country of ours, needs an enema when it comes to customer service and attitude to doing business!

Regards,

RLI

NP99
7th October 2013, 09:06 PM
G'day folks,

I cannot get over the customer service from overseas v local customer service! I recently purchased turbo stainless steel T/Bolt flanges, aluminum inter-cooling piping and silicone hoses from the US. In Australia the flanges cost between $4 and $8.00 each, however, delivered from the states $ 1.90 each including postage. Inter-cooling piping $15.00 including postage, the same item here between $25.00 and $35.00 each. Silicone hoses 7 ply thickness $15 to $18.00 including postage, here in Australia "cheap" 3 or 5 ply will cost you between $25.00 to $40.00 each for the same hose.

I was stunned that all my t/bolt flanges, aluminum inter-cooling piping and silicone hoses were delivered from the US in less than 8 days. Certain turbo suppliers in Australia take farken months to deliver goods.

PS, certain elements in this great country of ours, needs an enema when it comes to customer service and attitude to doing business!

Regards,

RLI

Half of them wouldn't even know they were in the middle of an enema!!!!