PDA

View Full Version : G'Day

Jandrew
3rd January 2011, 07:57 PM
Hey

I am new here and new to using a Patrol for its intended purpose! We have a GQ Patrol, have had it for years. Now Dad has bought a new car we can use it for off road (finally) and I am looking at getting some new tyres and a lift kit at the moment.
Its a ST 3.0L Petrol model and so far has over 300,000kms on it and still going strong (even if the paint is faded and dodgy).
Can't wait to get out again and get some of the basics needed to 4WD :)

Jandrew

wildgu6
3rd January 2011, 08:00 PM
Welcome aboard the Trol express buddy,
Good to see you on board the best forum around.
Heaps of handy information,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Once you get out there you wont want to go back

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome to the forum Jandrew, enjoy

Sir Roofy
3rd January 2011, 08:20 PM
welcome aboard jandrew

cheers roofy

AB
3rd January 2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, please feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Woof
3rd January 2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome Jandrew, enjoy the forum mate and it does not matter what it looks like, as long as you have a great time with it.

Finly Owner
3rd January 2011, 09:26 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Jandrew

Tim

Dhuck
3rd January 2011, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the forum and enjoy the reading

patch697
4th January 2011, 08:16 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 08:39 AM
G'day Jandrew

Welcome to the Forum. Tell us a bit about yourself, what state and area you live and give us a couple of pics of your truck.

Todd will be able to plot your on our map.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Jandrew
4th January 2011, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am located on Sydneys Northern Beaches (NSW). I will put up some pics tonight once I get home.
I have very little 4wd experience, mainly just fire trails around the Northern Beaches (West head and Ku-ring-gai National Park), I am a member of the NSW Rural Fire Service, so use them a lot for that in both Landcruisers, Hiluxs or the Izuzu fire truck.

Looking forward to much more fun to come :) And reading up on how to get the darn GQ headlights to work better.

DX grunt
4th January 2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome, I am located on Sydneys Northern Beaches (NSW). I will put up some pics tonight once I get home.
I have very little 4wd experience, mainly just fire trails around the Northern Beaches (West head and Ku-ring-gai National Park), I am a member of the NSW Rural Fire Service, so use them a lot for that in both Landcruisers, Hiluxs or the Izuzu fire truck.

Looking forward to much more fun to come :) And reading up on how to get the darn GQ headlights to work better.

25 posts will get you access to a manual, so keep talking. lol

patch697
4th January 2011, 02:18 PM
This link may be of some help with your headlights mate.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?576-Up-grading-GQ-Head-Lights&highlight=headlight+upgrade

MQ MAD
4th January 2011, 03:28 PM
welcome aboard
Ol 3L patrol hey
At least spares are around everywhere

Headlights to work better ???
Start a thread on it

Jandrew
4th January 2011, 04:31 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/JASV8/4WD/patrol1.jpg

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h77/JASV8/4WD/patrol2.jpg

A couple of photos of the Truck.

Bob
4th January 2011, 04:33 PM
Nice & Neat Welcome

MudRunnerTD
4th January 2011, 05:06 PM
Hey Jandrew,
Welcome.

The 3.0lt Petrol engine driving your Nissan is the same engine Holden ran in the VL commodore and takes a Turbo really really well mate :bananarock:

You will find parts around out of Holdens all over the place cheap as.

A bit of a lift (2" would do) and some decent 33" tyres and your on a winner mate for sure.

Have fun mate.