PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

mundlich69
17th July 2013, 11:43 PM
Like to here which insurance companys you guys are with, Pro & Cons, dealings etc??
Rang NRMA today to change my agreed valve with all the gear getting fitting, well I'm not to impressed with there reponse so I told them I'll be looking else where...

TimE
18th July 2013, 12:27 PM
Each year I do the ring around, so far AAMI have been the best for my needs for the Patrol. Strangely enough the Mrs Commodore was a real rip with AAMI, so we use their subsidiary Bingle, big $ difference, go figure.

Winnie
18th July 2013, 12:34 PM
Dga 4wd insurance. Covers you on any track and covers all legal mods. Was about half the price for me than Racv who were the next cheapest. I'm 20 and on p plates which does not help but I pay about 90 per month and covered for about 18k

Trying to use Motorculture

MudRunnerTD
18th July 2013, 12:55 PM
Been with these guys for years and very happy with the coverage.

Affinity 4WD Insurance Brokers (http://www.affinityib.com.au/Insurance-Products-4WD-Insurance)

Underwritten by CGU currently and all good.

When i wrote off the GQ in 2004 (I drowned it above the roof) I was able to still drive it, i was insured with AAMI and they were a drive in and drop off. they told me by 2:30pm on day 1 it was a write off, at 4pm day 1 i drove out in my Written off GQ holding a cheque for the difference! Highly recommend AAMI

mundlich69
18th July 2013, 09:28 PM
Thanks Guys, will do some more chasing up...

04OFF
19th July 2013, 12:45 PM
Been with these guys for years and very happy with the coverage.

Affinity 4WD Insurance Brokers (http://www.affinityib.com.au/Insurance-Products-4WD-Insurance)

Underwritten by CGU currently and all good.

Highly recommend AAMI

Can also recommend AAMI , and funny enough ,i also went through Affinity ,as i could get a much higher agreed value than the AAMI "maximum".

It was too hard for DGA to ring me back, so i figure, if they wont talk to me when i want to give em money, whats going to happen if i wanna claim ?

Kast
19th July 2013, 01:41 PM
Bugger. Am I the only one on here going through TCIS ? They're an allianz backed policy. Agreed value coverage off road etc.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

TimE
19th July 2013, 02:59 PM
Bugger. Am I the only one on here going through TCIS ? They're an allianz backed policy. Agreed value coverage off road etc.

Mate, the last quote I got from TCIS ( 2years ago) they where $400 higher than AAMI, no real difference in agreed value. Can I suggest you do a ring around when your insurance is next due, you might be surprised how much better you can do.

Kast
19th July 2013, 03:57 PM
Thanks TimE. I did that initially but wasn't an exhaustive market test. I currently pay about $900 pa.

SonOf
21st July 2013, 07:08 PM
currently with AAMI, cover is good and price is only $690 full comp, but agreed value on my 99 GU is only 11k, payed 19k for it so if I lose it I am behind the eight ball. Was thinking of trying the mob some of the guys on here say is pretty good.

Kast
21st July 2013, 07:34 PM
Hey sonof, which mob are you thinking of trying?

I wonder if the forum should try to do a bulk deal? Would that be something others are interested in?

SonOf
21st July 2013, 10:16 PM
DGA due to the coverage. Would like to think I can cover my car with all the ectras, legal of course. Not a bad idea you have, would be interested in others thoughts along this line

Hey sonof, which mob are you thinking of trying?

I wonder if the forum should try to do a bulk deal? Would that be something others are interested in?

Kast
21st July 2013, 10:51 PM
DGA due to the coverage. Would like to think I can cover my car with all the ectras, legal of course. Not a bad idea you have, would be interested in others thoughts along this line

Sonof, let me know how you go......

mundlich69
23rd July 2013, 04:35 PM
Bloody amazed at the differences in agreed prices and premiums between the different insurances companys, it's done my head in!!! and coverage for mods they either cover you for bugger all or won't touch ya cause apperently I've got to many and valved at to high a price??? (comminsure had best premium by far but wouldn't touch me with my mod list lol???) Looks like I'll have to stick with NRMA best agreed and a premium I can live with but DGA wasn't to far behind. Next year I guess I'll be shopping around again and things will have changed I'm sure...

Stropp
23rd July 2013, 06:53 PM
try affinity insurance brokers, i got mine covered for full value plus all the options and its anywhere.

boots
23rd July 2013, 07:13 PM
Just recently ditched aami after 10 years and went to youi , they were $650 cheaper than aami and $450 cheaper than dga . Will more than likely swap the wifes car over when due and house and content .

firm351
23rd July 2013, 11:15 PM
I went with AAMI, was the best price of all the quotes I got even before the multi policy discount. I've found you are better off calling them to get a quote rather than doing it online the difference between online quote and what I got when I spoke on the phone was $90 for the same policy details. 09 patrol agreed value $42500 $525 per year. I reckon thats pretty good.

Kast
24th July 2013, 02:05 AM
Guys, it seems that we all have specific but individual needs from some oem patrols with low kms to accessories worth more than the vehicle with a lot of off road.

I'm going to start speaking to what appears to be our popular insurers dga, aami, affinity etc and get some feel for how and what they price with the added intention of seeing if there's some potential for a forum deal (each gets to make their own choices based on there own factors and risks though).

We're clearly a lot with a few core profiles from what I can see and whilst I know an attempt was made early last year I'll see what can be done.

Keen for your feedback though: what your needs are, annual kms, % off road, % accessories to base vehicle price etc.

Or alternately if you think i'll be wasting my time, ffs let me know!

Clunk
24th July 2013, 02:15 AM
Something similar was done last year Last with a broker in Vic............... can't remember what the company was though.

But I don't think it was about getting numbers up either as each individuals needs were different, so was a case by case quote.

Edit: ignore what I wrote..... I just re-read your post. I think I need to put my eyes back in.
My folks went to the Google Play Store and all they got me was this lousy Motorculture App!!!!!!!

Kast
24th July 2013, 02:17 PM
Thanks Clunk. Lucky I read all of your message before replying!