PDA

View Full Version : our car

healy
17th July 2013, 01:47 PM
Ok people reg was cancelled because car isn't fit or will ever be fit to be on the road. As for the quarter chop, that I was doing myself. As stated before in previous posts i'm not selling the car, all the running gear and other bits will be kept and cleaned painted etc by me. I'm looking for a shell and chassis so I can get it going, I'm not sure if it will be a GU or GQ, depends on how much they are. I did not see the point of keeping the reg on as it is not wise to drive it anymore, it has been looked at by a few people now and everybody had the same conclusion. If you have an issue or something to say I'm more than happy to listen but don't go behind my back and say things. I hope your questions have been sorted, if not post or pm me.

BigRAWesty
17th July 2013, 01:53 PM
Yea you haven't had the best of runs, but you'll get there. George has the light pole now, ready to bolt to a shiny New gu body..

Quick q- what ratio diff do you have?

Sent from my C6603 using Motorculture mobile app

Stropp
17th July 2013, 01:57 PM
so healy this is the gu you are talking about mate? if so thats crap, hope things work out ok for you.

healy
17th July 2013, 01:58 PM
Yea you haven't had the best of runs, but you'll get there. George has the light pole now, ready to bolt to a shiny New gu body..

Quick q- what ratio diff do you have?

Ok cool wont need anytime soon 4.3 ratio

healy
17th July 2013, 02:00 PM
so healy this is the gu you are talking about mate? if so thats crap, hope things work out ok for you.

Yeah it is and its hard to get up and look at it every f##king day

TPC
17th July 2013, 02:02 PM
I don't think anybody would be talking behind your back.
You have had a rotten run with this car and hopefully you will find a good body cheap enough to fit the good bits to.
Best of luck with your search.

MudRunnerTD
17th July 2013, 03:52 PM
Damn it Healy!! That sux mate! Would have been a tough decision mate. Good call though.

Give Halls4x4 wreckers a call mate if your looking to do a cab swap? But are you looking to swap your cab onto something yeah? Tough gig mate. Damn it, the Dog who sold it to you will Rot in Hell mate.

If you decide to strip the car you will make a few $1000 in bits and pieces mate. Probably $4 or $5000 to be honest but that would be it. At least it would be some coin back though then scrap whatever is left.

Pm me if you need a hand mate, I'd be listing it on MudRhino with a parts list if you decide to strip it for sure. It's local Vic and plenty of guys around your area looking for bits.

Good luck bloke.

Damn it!

threedogs
17th July 2013, 04:06 PM
Could also give "Smart Parts" in Ballarat a buzz about a another shell.

mudnut
17th July 2013, 04:54 PM
That is no good Healy. Surely there's gotta be someone who's got a 3lt grenade chassis going cheap?

taslucas
17th July 2013, 05:07 PM
I want my sticker back!!!!!!

But seriously that's sux mate. I hope you find another chassis or donor vehicle soon. You know theres plenty of guys here willing to help any future endeavours

NissanGQ4.2
17th July 2013, 06:03 PM
Have I missed something Healy? Why is it not fit for the road, Won't it pass rego again or is it just unsafe to drive?

Do you use face ache Healy?, there is a page dedicated to people selling and wrecking Patrols.

Never the less it does suck seeing something sitting in your driveway every day that you can't use, it was like that for me looking at the dirt bike and I feel so much better now that it is gone :).......still get the itch when I hear someone ride pass though :(

healy
17th July 2013, 06:28 PM
Have I missed something Healy? Why is it not fit for the road, Won't it pass rego again or is it just unsafe to drive?

Do you use face ache Healy?, there is a page dedicated to people selling and wrecking Patrols.

Never the less it does suck seeing something sitting in your driveway every day that you can't use, it was like that for me looking at the dirt bike and I feel so much better now that it is gone :).......still get the itch when I hear someone ride pass though :(

The back of the car is rusted and twisted whats face ache?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Motorculture mobile app

Bloodyaussie
17th July 2013, 06:38 PM
Face book.......

NissanGQ4.2
17th July 2013, 06:39 PM
The back of the car is rusted and twisted whats face ache?

Sorry to hear mate, I will keep an I out for people wrecking GU's

Face ache = Face Book

MudRunnerTD
17th July 2013, 06:46 PM
I have put the word out Healy, I reckon I can find you a chassis mate at a reasonable price. Will get back to you bud.

Bloodyaussie
17th July 2013, 06:51 PM
Just brought to my attention but is a GQ chassis any use????

AB
17th July 2013, 06:56 PM

Replied in your other thread about donor...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

healy
17th July 2013, 06:58 PM

Different mounts I think

BigRAWesty
17th July 2013, 11:10 PM
Hay mate, no pressure to strip as you don't know what your doing yourself yet, but if you do part out I call dibs on those 4.3 diffs... Also pending on funds at the time..

healy
17th July 2013, 11:45 PM
Hay mate, no pressure to strip as you don't know what your doing yourself yet, but if you do part out I call dibs on those 4.3 diffs... Also pending on funds at the time..

Ive got 4.3 crown and pinion front and rear in a box in good condition in the garage from my old gq

GQ TANK
18th July 2013, 12:18 AM
Healy - bugger did you ever get your pinkies on the mongrel who sold you the car - I still think it was a ex flood car.

krbrooking
18th July 2013, 08:02 AM
Man I am so sorry to hear this, can't believe the bad luck you and your family have had on this rig. If I had the funds I would love to buy some things off you (if you end up wrecking) but unfortunately don't have the cash ATM.

BigRAWesty
18th July 2013, 08:10 AM
Ive got 4.3 crown and pinion front and rear in a box in good condition in the garage from my old gq

Pm me know a price if you wanna part off. But it'll be a while before tax return comes in. So no rush

healy
18th July 2013, 09:08 AM
Pm me know a price if you wanna part off. But it'll be a while before tax return comes in. So no rush

Make a price mate you would be looking at 20+kg for weight

healy
18th July 2013, 09:10 AM
Man I am so sorry to hear this, can't believe the bad luck you and your family have had on this rig. If I had the funds I would love to buy some things off you (if you end up wrecking) but unfortunately don't have the cash ATM.

What do you need? Other than a rub from johno

healy
18th July 2013, 09:15 AM
I was offered a landcruiser the other day but the guy expected me to pay for it

my third 256
18th July 2013, 09:39 AM
i feel another meet up at ab's to do the swap comming on
oh it cant be driven well it might have to be at your place healy

BigRAWesty
18th July 2013, 10:48 AM
Pm sent mate

rusty_nail
18th July 2013, 10:52 AM
you should goto vic roads and report the dodgy mechanic who gave the last road worthy as clearly it shouldnt have been registerable!

have you considered doing a rear quarter chop? would that eliminate all the rust in the rear?

healy
18th July 2013, 10:55 AM
I was doing a quarter chop and then found the problem

rusty_nail
18th July 2013, 11:01 AM
oh righto fair enough, sorry to hear

boots
18th July 2013, 04:35 PM
That SUX healy . not the story I was expecting which is why I was confused from the get go . Thanks for the clarification about it .

Drewboyaus
18th July 2013, 07:27 PM
you should goto vic roads and report the dodgy mechanic who gave the last road worthy as clearly it shouldnt have been registerable!

Hell yeah!
And what of the Berkshire Hunt who sold it..... Where the heck is he at?

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2013, 04:18 PM
Hey Healy,

I have found a GUI 2.8 with a Head off for $2,500 but its a bit rough, A Bare Chassis out of a Mines Car with a little surface rust and the engine mounts cut off and a split int eh rear section for Free or this posted today if you have the funds mate

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/itemforsale/cars-for-sale/gu3-suit-td/

mudski
22nd July 2013, 11:12 PM
Thanks fir clearing this uo healy. Try your damned hardest bud to keep it and do a cab and chassis swap.
Big bloody job that but would be worth it.

-----------------
I tapped that app

healy
26th July 2013, 10:43 AM
Hey Healy,

I have found a GUI 2.8 with a Head off for $2,500 but its a bit rough, A Bare Chassis out of a Mines Car with a little surface rust and the engine mounts cut off and a split int eh rear section for Free or this posted today if you have the funds mate

http://www.patrolapart.com.au/itemforsale/cars-for-sale/gu3-suit-td/

Thanks mate sorry been sick cheers for that out of my range at the moment would be nice tho

healy
26th July 2013, 10:48 AM
Thanks fir clearing this uo healy. Try your damned hardest bud to keep it and do a cab and chassis swap.
Big bloody job that but would be worth it.

-----------------
I tapped that app

Yeah im trying to work the most practical way of using the best parts out of this even diffs and steering etc would be good to fit up to a gq its a $hit situation inly goid thing is it cant get any worse

93patrol
26th July 2013, 11:11 AM
mate i hope it all works out for you and you can get it sorted for not much coin

Winnie
7th August 2013, 04:37 PM
Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 05:30 PM

Thats a good deal right there... you probably would not find better for the money!!!!!

mudski
7th August 2013, 05:44 PM
Nice find poo. :smiley_thumbs_up:

MudRunnerTD
7th August 2013, 05:48 PM

yeah i saw that on FB today too. it is a pretty good deal, you get a body without rust and a Chassis without rust. strip all yours over to that car. You would need to do a VIV to rebirth the write off and it would always be listed as a write off but so is my GQ so who really cares.

If you could find one like that not on teh register then it would save you a fair bit of pain but your probably going to pay more for it.

Offer him $500. ITs stripped down heaps mate. lots missing off that but certainly worth a look.

happygu
7th August 2013, 06:17 PM
Good call and a gutsy one Healy on shelving the vehicle for a while...

Let's hope that this one that Winnie found is a goer.

Mic

Drewboyaus
7th August 2013, 08:41 PM
Might need some wheels Mic!

Bloodyaussie
7th August 2013, 08:44 PM
Might need some wheels Mic!

Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! you idiot Drew...

happygu
7th August 2013, 08:45 PM
I think Healy has wheels.....

Bloodyaussie
9th August 2013, 09:22 PM
Hmmm....???????????????????????????????????????/

Anyway is this the same car?? dont think so but could be a bargain????????????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/nissan-patrol-gu-gq-comp-truck-tuff-truck-/300945708898?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4611c31762&_uhb=1

Actually I think it is.....

TPC
9th August 2013, 09:27 PM
Hmmm....???????????????????????????????????????/

Anyway is this the same car?? dont think so but could be a bargain????????????

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/nissan-patrol-gu-gq-comp-truck-tuff-truck-/300945708898?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4611c31762&_uhb=1 (http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/705-53470-19255-0/1?campid=5336709507&toolid=10001&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fitm%2Fnissan-patrol-gu-gq-comp-truck-tuff-truck-%2F300945708898%3Fpt%3DAU_Cars%26amp%3Bhash%3Ditem 4611c31762%26amp%3B_uhb%3D1)

Actually I think it is.....

Sounds like it

healy
13th August 2013, 09:31 AM

Hey mate I cant view it where is the ad on?

healy
13th August 2013, 09:36 AM
Sorry I missed this health not the best lately if it comes again please let me know thanks for the help aswell I do appreciate it and hope you are all well

healy
13th August 2013, 09:55 AM
Is it a straight fit to put GU diffs on a GQ also does swaybars fit etc and what engines will the zd30 box fit up to? Is zd30 turbo capable to fit up to a any motor? Would GQ suspension be ok to put on a GU whilst I got the other set up out

MudRunnerTD
13th August 2013, 09:58 AM
Is it a straight fit to put GU diffs on a GQ also does swaybars fit etc and what engines will the zd30 box fit up to? Is zd30 turbo capable to fit up to a any motor? Would GQ suspension be ok to put on a GU whilst I got the other set up out

GU diffs are an Upgrade and bolt straight up.

The sway bars on the early GUs are the same as the GQ the later models came with a thicker unit. regardless it will bolt straight up

The ZD30 airbox is an upgrade for all models.

the GU springs are slightly heavier and taller but the GQ and GU interchange all suspension components.

no idea on the turbo sorry mate

Outta here ;)

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 06:48 PM

Hey Healy have a look at this mate!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151779261100699&set=gm.451327191633201&type=1&theater

Let me know if you cant see it! This guy wants $150 for his Chassis mate!

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 07:01 PM
$450 and you can have the Chassis with the WHITE Body still attached!!! Not sure it will get batter than that mate!

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:02 PM
You'd be mad not to jump on that healy!

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 07:05 PM
Post 39 on page 4 of this thread as the attachments dont copy over in a quote

OK it is actually this car that he is now stripping down and selling off teh parts.

He has just messaged me and offered the Body and Chassis for $400. It is a repairable Writeoff.

Just got this from him

No rust at all , needs a radiator support and front bit of inner guard , that's all , yeah it wasn't quite whole , but my dad has started pulling it apart during the week , the cab is off the chassis now , and tanks etc are out

healy
15th August 2013, 03:39 PM
Ok cool was it hit in the front and back? Is there more photos?

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 06:15 PM
Ok cool was it hit in the front and back? Is there more photos?

It reads like it was hit in the front quarter as it needs a Radiator support and a left front inner guard.

He sold the back doors.

Go to the FB link above and message him for more pics mate and maybe his number to have a chat. Even if it needs. Bit of a big up its a bloody winner mate!

Good luck

NissanGQ4.2
15th August 2013, 06:20 PM
FB link doesn't work Daz

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 06:28 PM
FB link doesn't work Daz

This content is currently unavailable

The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.

Post 39 page 4 of this thread is the pic. That link works for me. Are you a member of that Buy Swap and Sell Nissan Patrol Ford Maverick group on FB?? Maybe you behave to be a member?

If you can't get it Healy I can pm you his profile details and you can do fact him mate

NissanGQ4.2
15th August 2013, 06:42 PM
Post 39 page 4 of this thread is the pic. That link works for me. Are you a member of that Buy Swap and Sell Nissan Patrol Ford Maverick group on FB?? Maybe you behave to be a member?

If you can't get it Healy I can pm you his profile details and you can do fact him mate

Not a member, its a closed group so will only work for Healy if he joins the group.

I just sent a request to join

healy
15th August 2013, 07:04 PM
Ive requested to join hopefully wont have to wait long

healy
30th August 2013, 02:05 PM
So I might have a patrol next week if all goes well tb42 efi auto

rusty_nail
30th August 2013, 02:16 PM
So I might have a patrol next week if all goes well tb42 efi auto

thats great news mate! any more details about it? how much? how many k's? i really hope you catch a break with this one pal!

mudnut
30th August 2013, 02:21 PM
Good luck, Healy. Its about time things went your way.

BigRAWesty
30th August 2013, 02:24 PM
X4. GU I'm guessing?

Winnie
30th August 2013, 02:31 PM
X4. GU I'm guessing?

He said a TB42E I would be very very surprised if it were a GU.

healy
30th August 2013, 02:34 PM
Its a GQ 250k price is what im working on at the moment its off a friends old man has never been used offroad he wants 2500 but thats not in my budget just trying work him abit more paint is immaculate always garaged

Winnie
30th August 2013, 02:39 PM
Look at this one much more thoroughly than the last one mate. Even better would be to take somebody with you.

MudRunnerTD
30th August 2013, 03:23 PM
wow $2500 is Cheap as Chips mate! are you going to do a Diff Swap and run your GU gear under it? Does it already have the bigger brakes on the front?

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you mate.

Clunk
30th August 2013, 03:28 PM
X4. GU I'm guessing?

wash your mouth out Kallen!!!!!!!!

threedogs
30th August 2013, 03:42 PM
X 2 with rusty and MR ,will need pics asap

BigRAWesty
30th August 2013, 03:45 PM
wash your mouth out Kallen!!!!!!!!

Sorry.. Sorry.. I'm a diesel man..
Most the time I'm Gust clutching at straws to sound smart... :p

healy
30th August 2013, 03:53 PM
wow $2500 is Cheap as Chips mate! are you going to do a Diff Swap and run your GU gear under it? Does it already have the bigger brakes on the front?

Good luck mate, hope it all works out for you mate.

Hey bud im gonna do the diff conversion for sure if all goes well. The plan is tomake it comfy for the wife and kids how can I tell if its got the big brakes on the front I thought that was a gu thing lol so if it has big front brakes am I best to just do the rear swap? It is a good buy it only needs window elecs fixed for roady it is a bloody nice car just trying to save a coin or two been a very expensive year lol

healy
30th August 2013, 03:54 PM
Look at this one much more thoroughly than the last one mate. Even better would be to take somebody with you.

This is a good buy this one im on the ball this time

healy
30th August 2013, 03:57 PM
X 2 with rusty and MR ,will need pics asap

Yeah forgot to take a photo last time I was up there didnt thibk he was gonna do such a good deal all in good time

mudski
30th August 2013, 04:38 PM
So whats happening with the U? I dibs the gearbox if your gonna wreck it. Mine in 5th is like sitting in a moving massage chair.

healy
30th August 2013, 04:59 PM
So whats happening with the U? I dibs the gearbox if your gonna wreck it. Mine in 5th is like sitting in a moving massage chair.

Yeah mate its getting parted. Massage chair sounds nice tho pulling the box and engine etc will take time as I dobt have much room and need smsller tyres to get in garage

Parksy
30th August 2013, 05:04 PM
Great news, hope it goes your way. Tb42e models came out with the twin pot calipers. I'd be chucking a hose down the chassis rails and giving them a good clean then penetrol the crap out of the underside.

MudRunnerTD
2nd September 2013, 10:01 AM
Great news, hope it goes your way. Tb42e models came out with the twin pot calipers. I'd be chucking a hose down the chassis rails and giving them a good clean then penetrol the crap out of the underside.

Yeah sorry Healy i wrote a response to your question on Friday on my Computer and came back to it this morning and had not pressed Post! LOL

If the TB42e has the twin pot callipers then you already have a good sized brake. Then your GU Diffs will bring pretty good money. The H260 s not as sort after as the H233 as most that have done the upgrade have a locker and need teh smaller diff to fit it, certainly i did.

If you do the diff swap to the GQ then you get bigger CVs, Bigger Brakes and a wider wheel track. If you not playing super hard and yours has the twin pot brakes already then sell the GU diffs mate.

healy
4th September 2013, 01:26 PM
The new wheels has arrived

taslucas
4th September 2013, 01:29 PM
Good stuff mate, a nice clean slate. You won't go wrong now you've got a proper patrol:-)

Looking forward for the mods to start flowing

Winnie
4th September 2013, 01:32 PM
Looks familiar!

rusty_nail
4th September 2013, 01:32 PM

congrats mate! looks nice and straight!!! are you gonna be bringing it on the october meetup?

Bloodyaussie
4th September 2013, 01:40 PM
Congratulations......

threedogs
4th September 2013, 01:41 PM
Gotta love the GQ eh,
good clean example by the look of it, well done

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2013, 01:43 PM
Looks Tidy healy. good job mate

healy
4th September 2013, 01:45 PM
congrats mate! looks nice and straight!!! are you gonna be bringing it on the october meetup?

Unfortunately wont be at the October meet same weekend baby is due

healy
4th September 2013, 01:49 PM
Good stuff mate, a nice clean slate. You won't go wrong now you've got a proper patrol:-)

Looking forward for the mods to start flowing

If I get time this weekend it will be completely modded lol already done baby seat as first mod and hardcase is on

rusty_nail
4th September 2013, 01:49 PM
Unfortunately wont be at the October meet same weekend baby is due

crikey mate! well double congrats to you and the missus! good to see youve got what looks to be a good family/play car now

healy
4th September 2013, 02:12 PM
crikey mate! well double congrats to you and the missus! good to see youve got what looks to be a good family/play car now

Its is nice rust free and not an oil leak in sight knock on wood it stays like that

TPC
4th September 2013, 02:15 PM
Congrats mate, you need to change your Avatar.

healy
4th September 2013, 02:19 PM
Congrats mate, you need to change your Avatar.

Why? What does it say

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2013, 02:20 PM
Why? What does it say

Its a pic of the White Bucket

Alitis007
4th September 2013, 02:35 PM
Nice 1 healy!! All the best with it mate and when does the twin turbo and supercharger go on ???? Lol

cgm
4th September 2013, 03:02 PM

Looks really good. All the best with it healy.

healy
4th September 2013, 03:10 PM
Nice 1 healy!! All the best with it mate and when does the twin turbo and supercharger go on ???? Lol

I wish lol I was thinking the bugatti set up

mudnut
4th September 2013, 03:11 PM
Really nice looking upgrade, Healy, all the best with it, and may your wife have an easy delivery.

healy
4th September 2013, 03:15 PM
Ill have to change that pic and hide it I must admit I lost a lot of enthusiasm about 4wding with that thing. The hole in the pic are they a rated point for recovery/double line pulls etc 90% sure its a tjm bar

Clunk
4th September 2013, 03:16 PM
conrgats on all fronts, now change your avatar!!!!! lol

MudRunnerTD
4th September 2013, 03:19 PM
The hole in the pic are they a rated point for recovery/double line pulls etc 90% sure its a tjm bar

I would not.

healy
4th September 2013, 03:27 PM
I would not.

Thats what I was thinking cheers

Stropp
4th September 2013, 03:31 PM
good work mate, good to see things are going your way and congrats with the bub too mate.

Squalo
5th September 2013, 12:52 PM
Ill have to change that pic and hide it I must admit I lost a lot of enthusiasm about 4wding with that thing. The hole in the pic are they a rated point for recovery/double line pulls etc 90% sure its a tjm bar

Might be an ARB bar. Definitely not a place for a shackle, that loop is designed to be used with one of these, and a high-lift jack. I see sooo many people snatching using those... they must be tough because I don't know of a failure yet, but the point is that it is NOT designed for recovery loads.

You need to put proper recovery point/s on the chassis horns.

https://www.expeditionexchange.com/recoverygear/DSC01387.jpg

taslucas
5th September 2013, 02:06 PM
I got my bar modified to strengthen it up for a winch and at the same time welded 5mm plate next to those eyelets to thicken them up. The plates go back to the chassis mounting points. Tough as now.

happygu
5th September 2013, 03:02 PM

Looks pretty neat ... not too many look like that by now

Lets hope it is a good one for you - either way you can't really lose on this one for the price.

Mic

trekster
5th September 2013, 08:49 PM
Looking good Healy, did you end up stripping the other car or sold it whole?

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 09:00 PM
Well done mate. Looks clean as..
Now those holes in the front if the bar. They are an intended winch point. Those points run inline with the chassis points..
I would feel safe using them if winching a double line or bridle Off them, but not snatch.

Anyway mate. To celebrate it, I'd like to offer a swap.. And before you say no, to late, Its done..
Sell the gu light mount and Im doing you up a stainless gq one. I just need the bolt centers again for the bar..

Lets start this bus with some bling..

healy
5th September 2013, 10:30 PM
Looking good Healy, did you end up stripping the other car or sold it whole?

Parting it out to pay for the parts needed for this like to get a rear bar and snorkel dosnt have a snorkel yet

healy
5th September 2013, 10:33 PM
Well done mate. Looks clean as..
Now those holes in the front if the bar. They are an intended winch point. Those points run inline with the chassis points..
I would feel safe using them if winching a double line or bridle Off them, but not snatch.

Anyway mate. To celebrate it, I'd like to offer a swap.. And before you say no, to late, Its done..
Sell the gu light mount and Im doing you up a stainless gq one. I just need the bolt centers again for the bar..

Lets start this bus with some bling..

I was just gonna fit it up this one should be fine

BigRAWesty
5th September 2013, 11:19 PM
Well Its up to you mate. I'm more than happy to make a new one.

healy
6th September 2013, 03:21 PM
Starting to do the suspension swap

Sir Roofy
6th September 2013, 03:44 PM
Starting to do the suspension swap

healy mate like it ,whos the little guy helping you

Bloodyaussie
6th September 2013, 03:48 PM
How long until you get to play!

healy
6th September 2013, 03:56 PM
healy mate like it ,whos the little guy helping you

Funny man thats gaz youve met him a couple of times

healy
6th September 2013, 03:58 PM
How long until you get to play!

Car will be ready hopefully by the end of weekend but baby due when next trip is planned

healy
6th September 2013, 03:59 PM
Ive got an awesome little mod ive always wanted I bought today thanks to selling cooler gauges etc

NissanGQ4.2
6th September 2013, 08:27 PM
Car will be ready hopefully by the end of weekend but baby due when next trip is planned

Thats ok, I'm sure we can deliver a baby while sitting around a bonfire drinking beers and bourbons.......what better way is there 2 be born other than into the world of Nissan Patrols

Bloodyaussie
6th September 2013, 08:33 PM

Well then we will have to arrange a day out then before your life is ruined!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mudski
7th September 2013, 11:33 AM
Haven't had much of a chance to get on here much lately. Just saw what's going on in here.
Finally good to see something going your way for a change.
Well done.

healy
7th September 2013, 07:14 PM
Ive decided to run the gu diffs on the new gq which radious arms do I use and will brake lines all match up

growler2058
7th September 2013, 07:24 PM
Ive decided to run the gu diffs on the new gq which radious arms do I use and will brake lines all match up

I believe brake lines will not be an issue

BigRAWesty
7th September 2013, 07:25 PM

Probably easier to just unbolt radius arms from the car and swap the lot. Direct fit of the brake lines.
But swap the brake master cylinder to as the gu one will suit the gu brakes..
But all will fit either way

MudRunnerTD
7th September 2013, 08:06 PM
Same radius arms, you will need to steel the Tie Rod, the Drag Link and the Steering box too. Choose the radius arms that have the best Genuine a rubber Radius bushes in them. Not a big deal to unbolt but use the best you have.

If either of the cars have Manual Hubs bolt them up as they fit either.

When you undo the drive shaft it will want to roll back so get the radius bolts out first if you can.

healy
7th September 2013, 08:40 PM
Also got a snorkel for it should look nice

fracster
8th September 2013, 02:17 AM
Good to read that something is finally going right for you mate, best of luck.

PMC
8th September 2013, 06:50 AM
Good to read that something is finally going right for you mate, best of luck.

You slut!

You comment on everyone else's build and not mine!

PS, i do have feelings. lol

Regards,

RLI

healy
12th September 2013, 04:05 PM
Snorkel going on

nissannewby
12th September 2013, 04:23 PM
Good budget build here, 2 patrols for less than 15k....

How much did the snorkel set you back.

MudRunnerTD
12th September 2013, 04:37 PM
How much did the snorkel set you back.

Hey Mat that is a Patroldoctor air box and snorkel. Pretty keen on one of those too. Looks good Healy.

healy
12th September 2013, 05:14 PM
Good budget build here, 2 patrols for less than 15k....

How much did the snorkel set you back. traded parts for it. Cost alot more than 15k

healy
12th September 2013, 06:38 PM
All finished now

nissannewby
12th September 2013, 07:07 PM
traded parts for it. Cost alot more than 15k

What parts were these?

Interested to know as I'm trying to sell some parts so may give me a indication of what I can get for them.

Parksy
12th September 2013, 08:37 PM
Excellent job! Looks very nice. How do you find it compared to the GU?

healy
12th September 2013, 08:40 PM
What parts were these?

Interested to know as I'm trying to sell some parts so may give me a indication of what I can get for them.

My intercooler and pod holder and gauges

healy
12th September 2013, 08:43 PM
Excellent job! Looks very nice. How do you find it compared to the GU?

Its my second gq the gu has alot more comfort than the gq but Im liking this one

NP99
12th September 2013, 08:44 PM
What parts were these?

Just take some parts off Paul's car, we'll deny all knowledge.......I'll back you all the way Mat :)

cgm
13th September 2013, 06:49 AM
It's looking good healy. Nice to see it all happening so quickly. You still need to take a photo and update the avatar pic. All the best with it going forward!

taslucas
13th September 2013, 08:14 AM
Yep, great to see the GQ growing already. Maybe you should start another thread for it so we don't have to look at that GU ever again!

boots
13th September 2013, 05:03 PM
Real neat looking thing healy . welldone mate .

krbrooking
13th September 2013, 07:19 PM
Looking good man, glad to see things are coming together for ya.

healy
13th September 2013, 11:31 PM
If anyone has the 4.2efi with patroldocta snorkel and box or can tell me how to fit the sensors up theres a hose at start of air box and at top of airbox that connect to a thing and the maf sensor ive got to connect to run it correctly. The two hoses pre and post airbox can I just T piece off?

healy
13th September 2013, 11:33 PM
Does anybody have photos of where the dual batt sit in the 4.2efi? I think I know the spot im hoping im wrong

93patrol
13th September 2013, 11:51 PM
Mines a td42 but I think it's the same. They sit either side of the motor I can take a picture tomorrow to show you. Mine may be a fair few years old as it was in the car before I bought it and I have owned it for 10 years

taslucas
14th September 2013, 08:04 AM
Does anybody have photos of where the dual batt sit in the 4.2efi? I think I know the spot im hoping im wrong

I think your new airbox may be where the second battery usually goes. It's up against the firewall on the passenger side. Above the coil and usually where they put the gas mixer.

Winnie
14th September 2013, 08:14 AM
Mines a td42 but I think it's the same. They sit either side of the motor I can take a picture tomorrow to show you. Mine may be a fair few years old as it was in the car before I bought it and I have owned it for 10 years

Nah they're different in EFI. If you're standing in front of the car Healy and looking into the bonnet, they sit in the very far right hand corner.

Drewboyaus
14th September 2013, 08:19 AM
Nah they're different in EFI. If you're standing in front of the car Healy and looking into the bonnet, they sit in the very far right hand corner.

Spot on. I'll post a pic shortly.

healy
14th September 2013, 09:08 AM

Same as the rb then

Bloodyaussie
14th September 2013, 09:23 AM
Here you go

healy
14th September 2013, 01:26 PM
Lift and tyres dobe in the front

Parksy
14th September 2013, 01:36 PM
You don't muck around Healy. Hands to action stations! Looking awesome.

healy
14th September 2013, 04:41 PM
Tyres & lift are all done what a hassle

Drewboyaus
14th September 2013, 04:53 PM
Looks great mate!

boots
14th September 2013, 09:05 PM
What are you doing with the stock rims and tyres healy ?

healy
14th September 2013, 09:22 PM
What are you doing with the stock rims and tyres healy ?

Keeping them as my daily

boots
14th September 2013, 09:30 PM
Cool . My brother is looking for some .. just thought ... anyway .