PDA

View Full Version : Cheap courier needed

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 10:44 AM
Guys,

Any one know a cheap courier who could transport a 200kg wood heater + flue kit from Yarra Glenn to Canberra???
I'm looking at driving down to pick it up but thought I'd ask first. If I can find someone under $200 i would use them instead.

Cheers
Kris

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2011, 01:08 PM
Hey Kris,

There is a guy on another forum i am on that does a bit of back loading up and down the east coast mate, i have sent him a PM, i will wait and see if he can help you mate. He is active on the other forum and has already been on today, so an answer should be within the next 24 hours i reckon.

Cheers Darren

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 03:02 PM
Cheers Darren, appreciate the help.

I don't mind going for a spin but if I can avoid the drive I will.

Cheers

MudRunnerTD
3rd January 2011, 06:44 PM
Hey Kris,

I heard back and he no longer does small loads to Canberra. sorry mate.

Good luck

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 08:07 PM
Thanks for trying mate.

I'll try a couple of contacts through work otherwise a trip on Friday night to pick it up..

Thanks again

AB
3rd January 2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for trying mate.

I'll try a couple of contacts through work otherwise a trip on Friday night to pick it up..

Thanks again

Kris mate, Yarra Glen is right near me.

If you can wait until I go back to work I'll be able to get a price from my logisitics guy for sure.

I would be suprised if it costs over $200.

If your keen and stuck mate just let me know the address and I can pick it up from the people in Yarra Glen this week and just chuck it in my bungalow until I go back to work on Monday 10th or until we sort something out.

AB
3rd January 2011, 08:20 PM
Are you sure It's 200kg?

Thats one serious wood heater...lol

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 08:32 PM
Thanks Andy, you're a legend.

I'll see what I can do at work tomorrow and go from there.
I only just bought this thing secondhand this morning. I have been looking for a long while and finally found a bargain.

It's an Ultimate Elite 30 and supposed to weight 195kg plus the flue kit...here's same thing on eBay:http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ultimate-Elite-30-Wood-Fire-Heater-RRP-4-549-/130399100280?pt=AU_Heaters&hash=item1e5c645d78#ht_1774wt_1145

Cheers
Kris

AB
3rd January 2011, 08:37 PM
Good buy. yeah mate I'm about 3 minutes from YG so no stress at all.

I actually have one of the work utes at my house so let me know this week. I can go down anytime this week, pick it up and take it to work next Monday 10th to ship it up there.

We send palletes of playgrounds all around Australia daily so we have good connections with couriers, etc.

I'll wait to hear from ya.

Looks like a great unit!

Maxhead
3rd January 2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks mate, will let you know