PDA

View Full Version : GU Cab onto GQ Chassis?

Gab250
15th July 2013, 08:46 PM
Hi, is there any reason that I cant get a cheap GQ Ute with a buggered cab, and then get a cheap GU Cab and then bolt the 2 together to make a Cheapish GU Look alike ute? Would it have to be registered as a GU? Could I use a leaf spring GQ? Could I keep the GQ's carby'd petrol motor? Any info would be appreciated

Evo
15th July 2013, 09:54 PM
Hi mate,

I have heard that you can, that mount points are the same.
As for rego, would need to follow GQ, although I don't know what state you are in...

Evo

Clunk
15th July 2013, 10:00 PM
Hi, is there any reason that I cant get a cheap GQ Ute with a buggered cab, and then get a cheap GU Cab and then bolt the 2 together to make a Cheapish GU Look alike ute? Would it have to be registered as a GU? Could I use a leaf spring GQ? Could I keep the GQ's carby'd petrol motor? Any info would be appreciated

Why not just get yourself a good GQ and save yourself the time, hassle and money?????!!!!!!!

Also, an intro would be nice!!!

MC..... It isn't Tappa but it's all I've got!!!!!!! :'(

YNOT
15th July 2013, 10:10 PM
GU has a wide body and GQ coil spring has narrower diffs than GU, so would look odd to start with. GQ leaf spring has even narrower diffs so would look positively awkward. I agree with Clunk, why bother?