PDA

View Full Version : GU Mechanic Service recommendation in Sunshine area of VIC

filodore
15th July 2013, 07:36 AM
Hi guys,

The patrol needs a service as it is well overdue and looking for one in the Sunshine/Footscray area so that it is nearby to home. Needs a full one because it has done a trip from Broome back down here across the Tanami and a couple of thousand k's since.

Any recommendations for good service and where I won't get ripped off but will look after it being a 4WD? Or would I be fine taking it down to the Beaurepairs?

Bloodyaussie
15th July 2013, 08:46 AM
Gee after a trip like that you would think it would need more than a service???

Sorry not my side of town but there are others over that way that should help...

MudRunnerTD
15th July 2013, 09:17 AM
Have a look at this thread mate, a little way away in a couple of directions but there is a decent list there bud

Looking-for-a-good-4x4-store (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?21924-Looking-for-a-good-4x4-store)

filodore
16th July 2013, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the link to the other thread. Had a quick look, doesn't seem like anything too close by that I could find an easy way home because I hate the public transport this side of town and because I work night shift, everyone else will be working at the time in terms of being able to drop me off home, etc. Think I might just have to go into the Beaurepairs for now because I just want to get it done as soon as I can close by whilst I still have the money floating around (got my tax back hehe). Once that is crossed off the list, might look at something a bit better down the line I guess. Looking at getting new tyres in the next few months too because they are nearly bare and again, just haven't had the finances.

threedogs
16th July 2013, 09:52 AM
Give Andrew a call at ON TRACK in Kealba

MEGOMONSTER
16th July 2013, 08:11 PM
I've had a few things done withe Andrew at OnTrack 4x4 in Kealba. Just off sunshine ave.
A few mates go there for their services and Sam had head work done there also.
Edit: actually I think it was an engine rebuild.

filodore
17th July 2013, 11:07 AM
So I actually bothered to look it up (as you can tell, I'm a total noob) and figured out Beaurepaires probably doesn't do car services anyway, so gave On Track a call and they must be good because he's flat out for the next week and a half. Have it booked in for the end of the month then. It's a lot closer than the rest of the places that I was looking at in that thread and means that I'm able to drop it off after work and walk home (still a long walk but better than nothing).

filodore
4th August 2013, 12:01 AM
Hey everyone, just have to say thanks for the recommendations on Andrew from OnTrack 4x4 Kealba. I think he did a great job and definitely will be going back there. As expected, there is a list of things that need fixing and it has been booked in for 3 weeks time. My rear shocks are leaking, need to tighten the front wheel bearings, something to do with front bushels (I don't even know what they are), my transfer case is cracked, I need a new seal around the air filter, and going to get an oil catch car and EGR blocking put in. Can't wait till it is all done. Then after that, the next will be 5 brand spanking new tyres so I can go off-roading again.

threedogs
4th August 2013, 01:45 PM
Good to hear, Not Much Andrew doesn't know about Patrols.
his Vic winch comp truck had 325 RWkW. He also extended Trent Leens
Shorty GQ. Lime Green. Trent cleaned up in that Patrol, Tuff Truck included