PDA

View Full Version : 2007 DX Ute Stereo install

mattdoyle0493
14th July 2013, 10:25 PM
G'day all,
This may have been discussed before but I just wanted to confirm (I dunno whether the question hasn't been asked or I simply wasn't searching the right keywords) I have a 2007 DX Ute, bought second hand, and it came with an aftermarket Pioneer stereo, which (it was that good ill have to get some pics tomorrow!) was the worst electrical job I have ever seen! Now I have installed a clarion head unit. The Patrol stereo harness plug is still intact(and I don't want to butcher it to install the stereo), however there is only one plug, whereas the Aerpro nissan patrol harness has 2; is this simply universal (aka one plug with the bulk of the wiring is universal between the utes and the wagons, and the second plug on the Aerpro harness is simply another plug with extra wiring for speakers etc for the wagons) or are they different harnesses all together?

Thanks, MD

mattdoyle0493
15th July 2013, 07:50 PM
Ok tried a few different Aerpro "Nissan" harnesses and no dice, then consulted the closest thing to a wiring diagram I could find, and it showed the plug (according to the style in the info, I have a pre '95 plug?!?) and the wiring in the plug as well as the wire colours are different, so I can't even find any info to tell me which wires which to just cut out the plug and join my Clarion harness straight to the harness.
So... Any ideas anyone? Or more correctly... HELP! It makes for a bloody long drive with no stereo!

Yendor
15th July 2013, 07:58 PM
What colour wires are there in the Nissan plug. Is there a yellow and a red wire?

Yendor
15th July 2013, 08:31 PM
I think this is the correct diagram for your vehicle.

If you don't have the yellow and red wires at the nissan radio plug. Go by the wire colours up to connector M63.

So constant battery will be the a Red with a Green trace wire and the accessory feed will be the Blue with an Orange trace wire.

Yendor
15th July 2013, 08:37 PM
This might also help you.

mattdoyle0493
16th July 2013, 02:15 PM
Thanks mate much appreciated! That last diagram was the best I've seen so far, it all makes sense now, followed it and bam she worked!
Here's how the previous stereo was wired in, and here I was wondering why my stereo kept dropping out before I pulled it all apart...

Yendor
16th July 2013, 06:21 PM
Thanks mate much appreciated! That last diagram was the best I've seen so far, it all makes sense now, followed it and bam she worked!
Here's how the previous stereo was wired in, and here I was wondering why my stereo kept dropping out before I pulled it all apart...

Glad to hear you got it sorted mate.

I didn't make the last diagram, it was another member on here (sorry can't remember who :o ).