PDA

View Full Version : pop ups

benno77gu
14th July 2013, 01:29 PM
hi how come I am getting annoying pop up adds from the forum now

DX grunt
14th July 2013, 01:40 PM
Me too. They appear on the bottom of my lappy.

oncedisturbed
14th July 2013, 02:03 PM
not sure which browser you are using but if you use google chrome, you can get an addon called "ad-block" gets rid of all of them and page loads faster as well

MudRunnerTD
14th July 2013, 02:06 PM
I am on safari on the iPhone, iPad, laptop and no adds.

I do get an add when I use MC but only use that when loading pics.

I was going to ask maybe because your not a forum Sponsor but the other guys are so that ain't it????

threedogs
14th July 2013, 02:50 PM
I don't get adds or pop ups

AB
14th July 2013, 04:40 PM
You shouldn't be getting any pop adds at all, just the normal banner adds.

Todd might be able to help with this. A while back there was a harmless bug which gets on people's computers from surfing the net (not from this site) which puts pretend adds on your screen when you are visiting forums and the like. Hopefully he sees this and can let you know.

100% this forum does not have any pop up adds....If you are a forum sponsor than you will so no adds at all. If you are a normal member then top and bottom banners only and a small banner after second post for non members only but no pop ups.

Winnie
14th July 2013, 05:28 PM
You shouldn't be getting any pop adds at all, just the normal banner adds.

Todd might be able to help with this. A while back there was a harmless bug which gets on people's computers from surfing the net (not from this site) which puts pretend adds on your screen when you are visiting forums and the like. Hopefully he sees this and can let you know.

100% this forum does not have any pop up adds....If you are a forum sponsor than you will so no adds at all. If you are a normal member then top and bottom banners only and a small banner after second post for non members only but no pop ups.

AB I have an ad block on my browser. I turned it off for this forum now I'm not complaining just letting you know... I get ads at the bottom of every page. Is that right?

Trying to use Motorculture

oncedisturbed
14th July 2013, 06:11 PM
I get them on the browser at work as well even though I am a sponsor

AB
14th July 2013, 06:15 PM
AB I have an ad block on my browser. I turned it off for this forum now I'm not complaining just letting you know... I get ads at the bottom of every page. Is that right?

Trying to use Motorculture

I did have an issue with blocking the bottom one out for forum sponsors. I'm just about home so ill check it out tonight. I thought I bloody sorted that out!!! Sorry folks...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
14th July 2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah I get a single small banner ad at the bottom of every screen. From memory AB that's how you set it up. That's on Safari

AB
14th July 2013, 06:17 PM
I get them on the browser at work as well even though I am a sponsor

Yeah there is a bug that you can pick up on your computer which puts pop ups on certain websites to make you think it's a genuine advert from that site but its not.

I can't remember what it's called but its very easy to remove it mate. Hopefully Todd sees this tonight.

MudRunnerTD
14th July 2013, 06:17 PM
I did have an issue with blocking the bottom one out for forum sponsors. I'm just about home so ill check it out tonight. I thought I bloody sorted that out!!! Sorry folks...

I thought we decided the bottom one was too hard to get rid of and was no big deal anyway. I hardly notice it mate.

AB
14th July 2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah I get a single small banner ad at the bottom of every screen. From memory AB that's how you set it up. That's on Safari

Nah I had to do custom AB coding to get that add working for the blokes at matespace and when we introduced forum sponsors it was a nightmare to disable it for the sponsor group...ill suss it out tonight gents.

oncedisturbed
14th July 2013, 06:19 PM
Same as MR, I hardly notice it as well. Only saw whilst having a gander around to see if they popped up anywhere on the work computer :)

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 06:51 PM
Yeah there is a bug that you can pick up on your computer which puts pop ups on certain websites to make you think it's a genuine advert from that site but its not.

I can't remember what it's called but its very easy to remove it mate. Hopefully Todd sees this tonight.

Sorry AB don't remember it

I would recommend running an adware malware scan on your computer......not all virus programs have adware malware scanning abilities

I use this free one Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 07:06 PM
Sh!t think I'm having flashbacks, I do recall now having this happen, I will be very surprised if you run a virus scan and it does not pick something up

Run a virus scan and report back please

AB
14th July 2013, 07:12 PM
Sh!t think I'm having flashbacks, I do recall now having this happen, I will be very surprised if you run a virus scan and it does not pick something up

Run a virus scan and report back please

Your previous post made me second guess myself...lol. I do have a bad memory but I do remember this as I thought someone might of hacked the forum but it was a little bug on your side which throws ads on websites you visit to try and disguise themselves as adds on the site, etc.

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 07:26 PM
Your previous post made me second guess myself...lol. I do have a bad memory but I do remember this as I thought someone might of hacked the forum but it was a little bug on your side which throws ads on websites you visit to try and disguise themselves as adds on the site, etc.

Yeh mate sorry bad memory, done a google search after the first post and the results I got back brought back some issues I once had *L*

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 07:31 PM
If I recall correctly the one I had used random words in the post that when you scrolled your mouse over that word it would cause the pop up to appear. If was vary random 2 with the words, it could be in a certain word and then when you reloaded the page it would disappear!

NissanGQ4.2
14th July 2013, 07:35 PM
For future reference: http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?18155-Weird-Links-on-forum&highlight=virus