PDA

View Full Version : Whats this container for

Trolatron
14th July 2013, 01:05 PM
Hi guys and gals,

Topped up break fluid then noticed this container is just about empty. what is it for and what do I put in it please.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk121/Bendero7/Container_zps17257da7.jpg (http://s279.photobucket.com/user/Bendero7/media/Container_zps17257da7.jpg.html)

Thanks
Ray

Trolatron
14th July 2013, 01:16 PM
That's the clutch reservoir, fill with brake fluid.

T.

Will do, Thanks for the fast reply man.

PS. I thought I spelt brake wrong..

Cuppa
14th July 2013, 01:49 PM
Maybe worth sussing out why the clutch reservoir level is so low? or at least monitor the level regularly once you've refilled it.

Trolatron
14th July 2013, 06:45 PM
Maybe worth sussing out why the clutch reservoir level is so low? or at least monitor the level regularly once you've refilled it.

Good idea Cuppa, I will clean it all up and watch for leaks and how fast/slow it is loosing fluid.

Col.T
14th July 2013, 06:53 PM
G'day Trolly,
Cuppa's on the ball. The level has only ever been down on my trols when a problem was developing.
Reckon you're about to replace the master cylinder.. You may find a trace of fluid on the clutch pedal. If so, that's it.
Can't remember the slave cylinder but I'm sure that although that went at least once, it lasts heaps longer than the top one.
Good luck
Col

YNOT
14th July 2013, 06:54 PM
Look for fluid running down the vacuum booster at the back of the clutch mater cylinder and also pull back the rubber boot on the slave cylinder (on the gearbox bell housing) and see if there is any fluid in the boot - there shouldn't be any.

Bloodyaussie
14th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Slave is usually the first to go but I have had a slave and a line go....... had no issue with my master but hope I did not unleash the voodoo now!!!

Col.T
15th July 2013, 07:29 PM
Blaussie,
that was really, really silly.
Surely you know that the instant you say all is well, you're dead.
You have my sympathy for what is coming
Col