View Full Version : 23 - 24 - 25th August - VICTORIAN MEMBERS MEETUP at Licola/Dargo

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Alitis007
14th August 2013, 10:47 AM

Zoomed out a little for perspective.

Thanks Daz while i was scrolling back thru the earlier posts to find the earlier pics i was playing around with my memory map app. Too slow i was lol

Alitis007
14th August 2013, 10:48 AM
What is that app Darren? I am spewing when I bought my ipad I cheaped out and got the non gps one!

Got sick of Motorculture so gone back to Tappa

Your phone has gps mate

Winnie
14th August 2013, 11:06 AM
Is this where it is ????3296632967

Almost. Stay on that track driving to the east and you won't miss it.

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 06:16 PM
Funny I have every map out east except that bloody one!!!!!

Will have to go out tomorrow and get a hard copy as I have no idea where I am going??

Drewboyaus
14th August 2013, 06:18 PM
Day off Friday!

Tip tip tip......tap tap tap....

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 06:38 PM

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:02 PM

Yep that's the one. Recommend everybody to have a copy of that map.

taslucas
14th August 2013, 07:04 PM
Yep that's the one. Recommend everybody to have a copy of that map.

is that the one you're gonna make me read while bouncing around in the 747? lol

I like how it says "adventure" map:)

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 07:18 PM

I cant wait to go on an adventure with you!!!!

taslucas
14th August 2013, 07:20 PM
I cant wait to go on an adventure with you!!!!

take a number and get in line mate.......

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 07:27 PM
take a number and get in line mate.......

Like that hey!!!

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:31 PM
Bahahahaha! Rooftop maps are golden! There are no better!

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:32 PM

Adventure maps are of large areas, so travelling from one place to another a long way away they are great. They also have "Forest activities" maps are more detailed of smaller areas.

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 07:37 PM
Adventure maps are of large areas, so travelling from one place to another a long way away they are great. They also have "Forest activities" maps are more detailed of smaller areas.

The back of that map is the FA map for the same area in a 25k scale

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:38 PM
Yeah I know I've got it in front of me you dolt!

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah I know I've got it in front of me you dolt!

Don't call me a Dolt! I may take offense! Just give me a chance to go and look it up! ;)

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 07:42 PM
Don't call me a Dolt! I may take offense! Just give me a chance to go and look it up! ;)

I'll get him for you Daz.....

Winnie
14th August 2013, 07:48 PM
Eat my shorts old man! bahahaha

taslucas
14th August 2013, 07:51 PM
Like that hey!!!

its all about supply and demand

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 09:22 PM
I ended up getting the $30 boots as I liked them just a bit more.... but either way huge saving on full retail for a boot we hardly use here in Oz.

I am not doing much prepping for this trip but one thing is driving me mad and that is the donking coming from under my car... think it is the threaded end of my radius arms.... I have to fix it as I am going mad specially when its wet!!

mudski
14th August 2013, 09:28 PM
BA what time do you really want to leave on Friday morning? I will see if the boss can take the kiddies to school that day...

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 09:39 PM
Well really I would like to divvy up the wood and we meet up with Andy and Rossco??? that would be an awsome start... either that or we head down the boring way but we leave at 8am??? go the back way out to Ringwood via Warrandyte.

If we leave at 10am it will be after 3pm by the time we get there going the boring way and that is if all goes perfect?

Winnie
14th August 2013, 09:41 PM
What are these snow boots? Not on rays website.

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 09:41 PM
Guys I'm happy to grab a bag from ABs on the way past if its easier. I drive straight past his house!

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 09:43 PM
What are these snow boots? Not on rays website.

Got some today Winnie. Normally $60 down to I think $19! Real nice. I bought a set for the young fella a couple of weeks at at their sale but they cost me more than that. rays in Geelong had Heaps of them in a couple of colours

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 09:44 PM

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 09:47 PM
Guys I'm happy to grab a bag from ABs on the way past if its easier. I drive straight past his house!

We have a trailer full and I would prefer to divvy it up between some of us.. Kev me and Mudski and not take a trailer.. Taking my chain saw in case.

AB
14th August 2013, 09:47 PM
Well really I would like to divvy up the wood and we meet up with Andy and Rossco??? that would be an awsome start... either that or we head down the boring way but we leave at 8am??? go the back way out to Ringwood via Warrandyte.

If we leave at 10am it will be after 3pm by the time we get there going the boring way and that is if all goes perfect?

Good plan...

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 09:49 PM
Good plan...

What time you planning on leaving????

Winnie
I need to go to rays and buy a new stove so will see If they have these gay boots there

MudRunnerTD
We have a trailer full and I would prefer to divvy it up between some of us.. Kev me and Mudski and not take a trailer.. Taking my chain saw in case.

Yeah nah that's what's I mean mate! If you want to divi it up then do that for sure. If you can't carry it all then I can grab some as well, would be easier for me to go past ABs though but happy to try and make whatever works happen.

mudski
14th August 2013, 09:52 PM
Remember I have a 5 x 7 full of wood, so its going to take more than three cars to take this wood. MR I can leave some wood out for you at my place for when you drive past, which you basically will be...
Hang on. Daz. I am going down to Geelong on Tuesday arvo, well Forest,Gelli then Colac, if I can drop past your place with the trailer, you take what you need for you and the other cars going with you, then I can pick the trailer up on my way back on Wednesday arvo, evening.

Drewboyaus
14th August 2013, 09:57 PM
I need to go to rays and buy a new stove so will see If they have these gay boots there

Mate you'll look a peach popping into work in a pair of those! PML

Bloodyaussie
14th August 2013, 10:20 PM
So anyway... Andy what time you plan on leaving on the Friday morning.... ???

Winnie
14th August 2013, 10:31 PM
Next week is looking really cold and wet... Perfect!

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 10:37 PM
Remember I have a 5 x 7 full of wood, so its going to take more than three cars to take this wood. MR I can leave some wood out for you at my place for when you drive past, which you basically will be...
Hang on. Daz. I am going down to Geelong on Tuesday arvo, well Forest,Gelli then Colac, if I can drop past your place with the trailer, you take what you need for you and the other cars going with you, then I can pick the trailer up on my way back on Wednesday arvo, evening.

That could work. Do I need to split the wood to bag it?

mudski
14th August 2013, 10:55 PM
That could work. Do I need to split the wood to bag it?
Some yes and some no. I have no bags too...

Alitis007
14th August 2013, 11:17 PM
Going by Darren's drop pin theses are the GPS co ords

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 11:21 PM
Some yes and some no. I have no bags too...

No dramas I will organise a couple of bags and try and find some time to split a bit.

mudski
14th August 2013, 11:25 PM
I don't even know where to get these bags from.

MudRunnerTD
14th August 2013, 11:28 PM
I'll just grab something from Bunnings. Yard bags will be the go or double bag heavy duty garbage bags

krbrooking
15th August 2013, 03:26 AM

I am more than happy to do that man I an grab enough for me and Bryden and chuck some on/in his when I meet him. Give me a buzz and we can organise picking it up or dropping it off.

AB
15th August 2013, 06:41 AM
What time you planning on leaving????

No idea mate, if you blokes are coming then whatever time you turn up in morning is fine.

Winnie
15th August 2013, 08:21 AM
Going by Darren's drop pin theses are the GPS co ords

That would be about right. I'll get exact coordinates when I go there on Sunday.

AB
15th August 2013, 08:32 AM
If people are meeting at my house before the trip you could also just bring the trailer to my house Mark and just leave it and the lads can grab it from my place.

liftlid
15th August 2013, 08:36 AM
No dramas I will organise a couple of bags and try and find some time to split a bit.
Darren I can get wood from home, not sure its worth mudski towing a trailer to Geelong? if you do get some off him and feel like a drive you could use the hydraulic splitter here.

mudski
15th August 2013, 08:51 AM
Well I'm confused now. Darren. Whats best for you? I can leave the trailer at AB's and you can just grab what you need??? OR do you want me to drop it past your place next week?
Kev! If you want some wood mate. come down and grab some. I'll pm you my details.
The wood we have I don't think need to be split. Maybe a few pieces but nothing a block splitter cant do. I'm even thinking of neatly stacking the wood I will take on the roof rack, just spreading it low, from left to right on the rear of the rack and strapping it down. Just so I have more room inside.

Bloodyaussie
15th August 2013, 08:52 AM
I'll bring a large plastic tub I have and fill that then we just see whats left?????

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 08:59 AM
All sounds good. Mudski leave it at ABs and ill grab some from there mate as its a 2 minute detour.

AB tell Leah I will drop past late Friday mate. Leave it under the carport or something and I will come past there. If its clean then I will just throw a few pieces into the back cargo area around my gear.

AB
15th August 2013, 09:00 AM
Well I'm confused now. Darren. Whats best for you? I can leave the trailer at AB's and you can just grab what you need??? OR do you want me to drop it past your place next week?
Kev! If you want some wood mate. come down and grab some. I'll pm you my details.
The wood we have I don't think need to be split. Maybe a few pieces but nothing a block splitter cant do. I'm even thinking of neatly stacking the wood I will take on the roof rack, just spreading it low, from left to right on the rear of the rack and strapping it down. Just so I have more room inside.

Don't split that wood mate, all of the smaller stuff is good to go. Those big logs are perfect just to throw in the car, probably don't even need a bag for those big ones.

We can split those up there or just throw them directly on the fire.

Its only Wattle so if you split those big ones it will just quadruple the size of the bag we need.

AB
15th August 2013, 09:01 AM
All sounds good. Mudski leave it at ABs and ill grab some from there mate as its a 2 minute detour.

AB tell Leah I will drop past late Friday mate. Leave it under the carport or something and I will come past there. If its clean then I will just throw a few pieces into the back cargo area around my gear.

We'll leave it outside shed mate, turn left as you drive up driveway....Easy to turn around, etc.

I actually built a new turn around track directly opposite the shed, you will see a small track that does a U turn back to the shed again.

mudski
15th August 2013, 09:30 AM
All righty. BA, Kev and myself will take some wood then on Friday morning on the way up I will drop the trailer off....

taslucas
15th August 2013, 10:50 AM
We'll leave it outside shed mate, turn left as you drive up driveway....Easy to turn around, etc.

Free wood in the Yarra Glen area!

Winnie
15th August 2013, 11:20 AM
Free wood in the Yarra Glen area!

Free trailer more like it! Lmao

taslucas
15th August 2013, 12:16 PM

It's the complete set

PMC
15th August 2013, 03:10 PM
G'day Lounge Lizards,

All the best for the Victorian members meet-up on 23,24 and 25th August! I wish my family and I could be there to share the experience! Hopefully either this December or early January when i am down in Geelong we will be able to catch up with you folks!

PS, once again, have a great time!

Regards,

RLI

mudski
15th August 2013, 04:06 PM
So that means a piss up at Darrens? Yay!!!!

krbrooking
15th August 2013, 04:35 PM

The trailers mine mate I will leave a couple of blocks there for Daz and just grab the rest trailer and all. LOL.....

Also I have grabbed a 6kg bag of kindling. So that should do for the weekend hopefully unless you all think we will need more.

Can't wait for this trip fellas, have been hanging for a while now.

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 06:11 PM
The trailers mine mate I will leave a couple of blocks there for Daz and just grab the rest trailer and all. LOL.....

Also I have grabbed a 6kg bag of kindling. So that should do for the weekend hopefully unless you all think we will need more.

Can't wait for this trip fellas, have been hanging for a while now.

Sounds great. AB says that the wood he has I'd Wattle so burns hot and pretty fast so will be good mixed with any wet wood we might cut there. Your kindling will be ace! A couple of news papers will be handy to and if needed then we will burn a TB42! Wait! We could just use some fuel out of one..... Nah far kit burn the TB42 sounds like fun!

taslucas
15th August 2013, 06:19 PM
Sounds great. AB says that the wood he has I'd Wattle so burns hot and pretty fast so will be good mixed with any wet wood we might cut there. Your kindling will be ace! A couple of news papers will be handy to and if needed then we will burn a TB42! Wait! We could just use some fuel out of one..... Nah far kit burn the TB42 sounds like fun!

Rev one up and all that power will turn snow to roaring flames in seconds;-)

mudski
15th August 2013, 09:46 PM
You reckon those cheap snow boots from Rays could be sprayed with some waterproofing stuff?

MudRunnerTD
15th August 2013, 09:51 PM
You reckon those cheap snow boots from Rays could be sprayed with some waterproofing stuff?

For sure not sure i will get time though. Just ran one under the tap and it expelled most of the water

Bloodyaussie
15th August 2013, 09:52 PM
I tried them on and for the price well worth it but I went for a set they had there for $30 as I thought they were a lot better... either way though all good and better than freezing cold wet footsies !!

krbrooking
16th August 2013, 01:04 AM

I am sure you would be able to but I think they are pretty water resistant/proof already.

AB
16th August 2013, 08:07 AM
1 more week!!!!

Bloodyaussie
16th August 2013, 08:07 AM
I have not been able to prepare stuff all with work and my trailer stuffing up..... Bench tops for my kitchen still have not turned up and knowing my luck they will ring Thursday afternoon to tell me they are ready!!

I dont really need to do much to the truck I just need to drag all my camp gear out and work out what I am bringing and check it is good condition....

Having dinner round at Marks tonight and we will sort out what we are doing and if we can meet up with Andy and Rossco on the Friday?

Winnie (Chris)
AB (Andy)
Bloodyaussie (Jonathan)+ Georgie
Alitis007 (George)
MudRunnerTD (Darren)
Liftlid (Gary)
krbrooking (Kev)
Bryden
Rossco
Nisshead (Kris)
Mudski (Mark) plus Mark
James+1 (my plumber mate who might come?)
Drewboyaus (Drew) - Satdee arrival

Matfew????
Timbo?????

Channel 17 as usual guys

AB
16th August 2013, 08:09 AM
Timbo not coming...

Yeah mate, well work on meeting at my place on Friday morning some time for sure and head out from there.

matfew
16th August 2013, 08:51 AM
Hey mate.

I am in at this stage. Home sick as a dog today so hopefully it clears quick smart.

I'm try being some wood myself. Actually got a few wattle trees to chop up to.

I not sure when or where I will meet. I gotta be home sat night so will try get up there early with others in Friday morning so I get some time to relax lol

matfew
16th August 2013, 09:28 AM
Pretty sure Brett has a tyre changer. Give him a bell and tell him your from here.

I am heading off hopefully around dinner time Friday night. Taking the back way and might do a few tracks on the way through. Happy to roll out the swag late.

Gary (lift lid) and I will be travelling together and both have Simexs and front and rear Lockers. Not sure what we will be doing but may have a play. Do you have a winch? Will you have a Navi in your car or travelling alone? If your up for it then happy for you to tag along mate.

Hey mate,

Sorry missed your post. I am hoping to make it up early friday morning as I gotta be home sat night so get some time out and about. I do have a winch only a cheapie but it has proven itself so far lol. Bent a shackle n snatch block last weekend pulling a stump out in the paddock. Rolled a mates patrol back in its wheels n has dragged my patrol around a lil bit.

I got some ATR 35's here I will bolt to patrol to trial fit. Last time it had 35's on was with another body (one that rolled) so can't remember what we had to take off in regards to mud flaps etc to let them fit.

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 09:34 AM
Hey mate,

Sorry missed your post. I am hoping to make it up early friday morning as I gotta be home sat night so get some time out and about. I do have a winch only a cheapie but it has proven itself so far lol. Bent a shackle n snatch block last weekend pulling a stump out in the paddock. Rolled a mates patrol back in its wheels n has dragged my patrol around a lil bit.

I got some ATR 35's here I will bolt to patrol to trial fit. Last time it had 35's on was with another body (one that rolled) so can't remember what we had to take off in regards to mud flaps etc to let them fit.

No probs Mat,

You should try and meet the boys at ABs in Christmas hills as you will drive past him if you go that way or hook up with BloodyAussie in Thomastown just off the ring road early Friday for a good days drive on Friday then for sure.

mudski
16th August 2013, 10:22 AM
Yeah it looks like we will be leaving no later than 8am...

krbrooking
16th August 2013, 10:44 AM
Are we there yet, just got home from picking up the wood from mudski's place and now I want to go even more(if that is possible). This time next week we will all hopefully be on the road not too far from the dirt and SNOW.

threedogs
16th August 2013, 12:19 PM
@ Mudski and BA if you get stuck for lighting or anything else just yell out,

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 04:39 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/

Winnie
16th August 2013, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah! I don't think we will find that much though haha

taslucas
16th August 2013, 04:42 PM

Thats an awesome pic. You should photo shop a Nissanpayrol sticker on the front so it can go in the comp. Lol, that is ofcourse if your mate doesn't mind you entering it on his behalf:-P

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 04:43 PM
^^^^^ That was Camp^^^^^^

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1167115_10151524176425936_1328318815_o.jpg

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 04:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1149379_10151524176040936_1102518510_o.jpg

taslucas
16th August 2013, 04:46 PM
Wow thats awesome. Is it easy to lose the track in some places?

mudski
16th August 2013, 04:50 PM
@ Mudski and BA if you get stuck for lighting or anything else just yell out,
Cheers mate but I have my two metre long led lights I made so we are good for lighting. Can't think of anything else though. You should come John. its gonna be a blast. even if you just come up, stay at camp and keep the fire going.

taslucas
16th August 2013, 05:13 PM
Cheers mate but I have my two metre long led lights I made so we are good for lighting. Can't think of anything else though. You should come John. its gonna be a blast. even if you just come up, stay at camp and keep the fire going.

And cook dinner, while serving drinks......
I see where you're going with that mudski!

mudski
16th August 2013, 05:41 PM
And cook dinner, while serving drinks......
I see where you're going with that mudski!

If I was to just stay at camp I would be :trink13:, then a bit more :1062:, then maybe if I get :shivering: its probably because I was like this,:eck05:. After I warmed up it would be :cheers: time until I got :drunk:and :animierte-smilies-f. Then before :smilie_bett: I would need a :coffeetime:. But I certainly WON'T be drinking :xxxx::animierte-smilies-f.
Then rinse and repeat for the next day...

Bloodyaussie
16th August 2013, 06:02 PM
If I was to just stay at camp I would be :trink13:, then a bit more :1062:, then maybe if I get :shivering: its probably because I was like this,:eck05:. After I warmed up it would be :cheers: time until I got :drunk:and :animierte-smilies-f. Then before :smilie_bett: I would need a :coffeetime:. But I certainly WON'T be drinking :xxxx::animierte-smilies-f.
Then rinse and repeat for the next day...

Oh god!!!!!!!

Winnie
16th August 2013, 06:07 PM

I hope you guys aren't expecting snow like this? Honestly there will be a bit at our campsite but not much anywhere else. We're too late in the year but we will make the most of it!

Bloodyaussie
16th August 2013, 06:12 PM
The report last night was for heaps of snow this coming week......... we shall see!!

liftlid
16th August 2013, 06:16 PM

Ask MR how he got out of there?

Winnie
16th August 2013, 06:27 PM
The report last night was for heaps of snow this coming week......... we shall see!!

I'm going on Sunday for a day trip and am keen as!
Gotta work tomorrow morning then will buy a new BBQ and a few other bits and put my muddies on.

boots
16th August 2013, 08:57 PM
Gee that bonnet scoop on MRTD's GQ looks awesome . I have scoop envy !

taslucas
16th August 2013, 09:19 PM

i think its off a wrx? that right darren?

MudRunnerTD
16th August 2013, 09:31 PM
i think its off a wrx? that right darren?

Yeah an earlier WRX. The model before the Bug Eyes. Paid $56 on eBay for it ;)

AB
16th August 2013, 09:47 PM
Ask MR how he got out of there?

How did you get out mr?

Drewboyaus
16th August 2013, 10:03 PM

Come on mate, come and check out that scoop at close quarters.....

Winnie
16th August 2013, 10:25 PM
Forget the scoop we are still dubious about the bloody car!

Bloodyaussie
16th August 2013, 10:59 PM
Just got home from Mudski's and am half pissed and happy!!!!!

We have worked out our plan and can head off from our area before 8am... then head over to Andy's leave from there!!!!

I cant f$%king wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drewboyaus
17th August 2013, 07:34 PM
Well, I got my winch wired in today and it all runs nicely.......except the brake works in the wrong direction so I have to drop it out and turn it around.......
Also broke my radiator (that little effing plastic piece for the pressure hose near the cap) and now need to replace the radiator before next Friday.
Faaaaaarrrrrrrkkkkk!

Anyone know a good place to pick up a radiator for a TB42e?

mudski
17th August 2013, 07:38 PM
Get some 406 Loctite onto it and it will be stronger than it was before it broke. When I rode enduro's years back if I cracked a plastic guard I would use this stuff on the crack and it would never break there again. The guard would just break somewhere else.

mudski
17th August 2013, 07:49 PM
Just got home from Mudski's and am half pissed and happy!!!!!

We have worked out our plan and can head off from our area before 8am... then head over to Andy's leave from there!!!!

I cant f$%king wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You know I can't remember shite about our conversation last night for food. Luckily I went out in the garage before and I obviously wrote down what we are to get. Now, was I getting the food Jonathan?

chester
18th August 2013, 09:00 AM
My trips now had a change, im now leaving 8am Thursday morning going to the chromite mines. So drop in on ya way past. Have a good trip guys where you staying now,might come hunting.

Winnie
18th August 2013, 09:18 AM
My trips now had a change, im now leaving 8am Thursday morning going to the chromite mines. So drop in on ya way past. Have a good trip guys where you staying now,might come hunting.

We will be camping at McFarlanes Saddle. Would be good to see you

AB
18th August 2013, 03:37 PM
Getting the beasts ready....can't wait!33097

MudRunnerTD
18th August 2013, 04:27 PM
Getting the beasts ready....can't wait!33097

It actually looks like Rossco is getting you bast ready there fella????

Winnie
18th August 2013, 05:38 PM
Just got home from an awesome day out.... We did not end up making it to the campsite, we had to cut heaps off trees off the roads so were way behind time. Sorry guys! But far out, Kriso and kev have I got a drive for us to do on the way!

Maxhead
18th August 2013, 05:42 PM
Just got home from an awesome day out.... We did not end up making it to the campsite, we had to cut heaps off trees off the roads so were way behind time. Sorry guys! But far out, Kriso and kev have I got a drive for us to do on the way!

Was there snow? Hope you cleared the track for us...lol

BTW, what the altitude of McFarlanes Saddle????

Winnie
18th August 2013, 05:50 PM
Was there snow? Hope you cleared the track for us...lol

BTW, what the altitude of McFarlanes Saddle????

Yeah its nice and clean now but I have a change of plans I'll call you tonight. This will be better! I think it's around 1500? Not sure. This photo was at Mt useful today. Hopefully we get a dumping between now and then. This week is meant to be cold and miserable so who knows!

Drewboyaus
18th August 2013, 10:46 PM
Weather is looking better......
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/113.jpg

Drewboyaus
18th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Winnie,
I assume there is no access to river water at McFarlaines Saddle?

Winnie
19th August 2013, 06:05 AM
I'm not actually sure to be honest... I don't think so

Winnie
19th August 2013, 06:49 AM
Has anybody been able to find the altitude of McFarlanes Saddle? I can't find it anywhere online, the photo of the little bit of snow above is at 1430m

Maxhead
19th August 2013, 07:03 AM
Not looking good for snow up there on the weekend mate. We'll be lucky to see any unless the conditions change. Ohhh well!

Winnie
19th August 2013, 07:23 AM
Suppose we will just have to get pissed then!

Drewboyaus
19th August 2013, 07:31 AM
Not looking good for snow up there on the weekend mate. We'll be lucky to see any unless the conditions change. Ohhh well!

BOM on the radio this morning saying snow down to 500m tonight and tomorrow night possibly Wednesday too

Maxhead
19th August 2013, 07:41 AM
BOM on the radio this morning saying snow down to 500m tonight and tomorrow night possibly Wednesday too

I hope so...I was looking at this map of snow areas above foretasted snowfalls: http://www.weatherzone.com.au/snow/index.jsp?d=0

You can click on different days to see where the snow will be falling...Hopefully enough will still be around

threedogs
19th August 2013, 08:01 AM
temps are down all week in Melb, but snow down to 500ft did someone say. that's low

Bloodyaussie
19th August 2013, 08:04 AM
Funny because that hut we visited at the Woods Point trip is covered in snow!!!

So glad I went for a drive yesterday as it was then I realised my car is not up for the trip at all..... George is going to see about a temporary fix for the trip but hard seeing I have a busy week before heading off.

When I got home yesterday there was coolant everywhere... mostly the highway driving it does not like.

See what magic George can come up with to get me along to this trip?

Winnie
19th August 2013, 08:05 AM
Funny because that hut we visited at the Woods Point trip is covered in snow!!!

So glad I went for a drive yesterday as it was then I realised my car is not up for the trip at all..... George is going to see about a temporary fix for the trip but hard seeing I have a busy week before heading off.

When I got home yesterday there was coolant everywhere... mostly the highway driving it does not like.

Yeah but those photos you saw were from weeks ago

threedogs
19th August 2013, 08:15 AM
Put some gold flakes in it, no long term harm
tried to google McFarlanes saddle to get elevation but nothing came up

Winnie
19th August 2013, 08:32 AM
Holy shit! Just talking to a customer at work who actually went up to McFarlanes saddle on Sunday and he said there was snow a foot deep!!

liftlid
19th August 2013, 09:21 AM
Has anybody been able to find the altitude of McFarlanes Saddle? I can't find it anywhere online, the photo of the little bit of snow above is at 1430m

Off the map McFarlane saddle is at about 1400 mt and the hut is about 1500 mt but looks rustic to say the least! 33119

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2013, 10:01 AM

Hey Jonathan.

If you get stuck bud your welcome to the Navi seat in my GQ but it will be Friday night mate.

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2013, 10:02 AM
Off the map McFarlane saddle is at about 1400 mt and the hut is about 1500 mt but looks rustic to say the least! 33119

How old is that pic Gary? Did you take it or off e Internet? Did it survive the fires?

liftlid
19th August 2013, 10:05 AM
Yeah just had a look on net and it's 2011 don't know what it's like now, don't 4x4 VIC have a list of burnt huts?

mudski
19th August 2013, 04:07 PM
Put some gold flakes in it, no long term harm
tried to google McFarlanes saddle to get elevation but nothing came up
That shite works! I always keep one of those in my tool box....

threedogs
19th August 2013, 04:57 PM
Yeah I swear by it it actually works while you watch it, always in the glovebox that's for sure

Winnie
19th August 2013, 05:11 PM
Holy shit! Just talking to a customer at work who actually went up to McFarlanes saddle on Sunday and he said there was snow a foot deep!!

He just came in again and showed me photos... There is more than a foot of snow there. He has a lifted BT50 and was ploughing snow with his bull bar! Awesome!
Mt useful? More like Mt useless!

krbrooking
19th August 2013, 05:41 PM
He just came in again and showed me photos... There is more than a foot of snow there. He has a lifted BT50 and was ploughing snow with his bull bar! Awesome!
Mt useful? More like Mt useless!

Lol. Like the sound of this. Hopefully it lasts.

Winnie
19th August 2013, 06:09 PM
I think there will be more if anything... Very cold days and nights coming with a lot of rain. So excited

mudski
19th August 2013, 06:13 PM
Yep. The weather here has turned colder than it was today. Icy cold wind coming up from the south. Polar southerly's is what we want.
I want to make snow cones for everyone!!! Cant do that with mud....

Where the pics Winnie. You need to feed us!

Winnie
19th August 2013, 06:29 PM
I haven't got the photos that he showed me. But there was a hell of a lot more snow than I expected!
I'll have a plain vanilla snow cone thanks, none of that yellow stuff.

AB
19th August 2013, 07:07 PM
Bloody hell gents I am crook as a dog.....I'm going to chill out for a couple of days to make sure I am better by Friday.

I am not missing this...lol

Bloodyaussie
19th August 2013, 07:09 PM
Bloody hell gents I am crook as a dog.....I'm going to chill out for a couple of days to make sure I am better by Friday.

I am not missing this...lol

Oh sweaty... do you need a cuddle!!!

AB
19th August 2013, 07:19 PM
Oh sweaty... do you need a cuddle!!!
I need something....lol

Winnie
19th August 2013, 07:28 PM
Yeah I'm starting to get a cold but do not let it bother you! I've got tomorrow off work to get my car tuned up, so excited!

mudski
19th August 2013, 07:32 PM
You make me sick winnie with all this talk of your Q!

matfew
19th August 2013, 07:38 PM
i just got over something. knocked me flat friday and pretty much normal on saturday. very weird

Hope you guys heal up quick.

SOO down to the dirty stuff. What are people bringing. What do I need to bring. Anything special?

I am n Gisborne so who can I meet on friday morning. I got a hell of a trip across so be good to meet someone somewhere and talk some shit over the cb's to stay awake lol

taslucas
19th August 2013, 07:40 PM
Yep. The weather here has turned colder than it was today. Icy cold wind coming up from the south. Polar southerly's is what we want.

Been blowing over me all day. I'll drop one in the wind and see how long it takes lol

mudski
19th August 2013, 07:45 PM
Been blowing over me all day. I'll drop one in the wind and see how long it takes lol
You talk chit all the time Lucas. No wonder I can't smell you everytime a southerly blows in...

boots
19th August 2013, 08:04 PM
Mcfarlane saddle co ordinates S 37 / 28.505 E 146 / 50.976 Elevation is 1511 m .

taslucas
19th August 2013, 08:05 PM
You talk chit all the time Lucas. No wonder I can't smell you everytime a southerly blows in...

and youre drawn to it like a blowfly!

Winnie
19th August 2013, 08:13 PM
Mcfarlane saddle co ordinates S 37 / 28.505 E 146 / 50.976 Elevation is 1511 m .

You are a legend Chris! Where did you find that info?

boots
19th August 2013, 08:33 PM
In my GPS Winnie . Got moroka hut and hut car park as well if you need .

Bloodyaussie
19th August 2013, 09:16 PM
Hows this????

http://www.street-directory.com.au/vic/buragwonduc/mcfarlane-saddle-walking-track

Rossco
19th August 2013, 09:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd check in! I'm planning on heading up with Andy and whoever else on Friday. I think the plan is to head up through Neerim South to Warragul and then possibly meet up in Tarragon or Licola? I will definitely take the chaiine as I think we can expect a few trees down with the recent winds we've been getting lately.

Looks like we should expect a fair bit of snow I reckon! Can't wait. . .

Winnie
19th August 2013, 09:42 PM
G'day Rossco. Yes I think your big mumma of a chainsaw could be handy. We chopped a lot of trees off of tracks yesterday and I would be surprised if there are no more by the weekend. Looking forward to this!

Bloodyaussie
19th August 2013, 09:42 PM
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd check in! I'm planning on heading up with Andy and whoever else on Friday. I think the plan is to head up through Neerim South to Warragul and then possibly meet up in Tarragon or Licola? I will definitely take the chaiine as I think we can expect a few trees down with the recent winds we've been getting lately.

Looks like we should expect a fair bit of snow I reckon! Can't wait. . .

Oh you have honored us with your presence ....... yes you better bring your man saw!!!!!!

Rossco
19th August 2013, 09:47 PM
Oh you have honored us with your presence ....... yes you better bring your man saw!!!!!!

Yeah, thought I should. Trying the old man of mystique thing. . . .

mudski
19th August 2013, 11:00 PM
i just got over something. knocked me flat friday and pretty much normal on saturday. very weird

Hope you guys heal up quick.

SOO down to the dirty stuff. What are people bringing. What do I need to bring. Anything special?

I am n Gisborne so who can I meet on friday morning. I got a hell of a trip across so be good to meet someone somewhere and talk some shit over the cb's to stay awake lol
what you need to bring is food and booze for the weekend, something to sleep in, recovery gear and warm clothes.
Myself and BA are leaving Thomastown at 7:30am sharp friday morning. More than welcome to meet up in Thomo...

Drewboyaus
19th August 2013, 11:12 PM
I'm leaving from Essendon between 7-7.30am

BA, Mudski, do you have a bag or two of firewood you want to unload on to me or should I pick up another bag or two when we get to AB's?

mudski
19th August 2013, 11:20 PM
Drew I have a near full trailer sitting here at my place. What myself and BA can't fit in our cars the rest will be taken to AB's. for others to drop by and grab. Your welcome to come here and grab some if you want. If not grab some and Andy's if your going past.

Drewboyaus
19th August 2013, 11:36 PM
Drew I have a near full trailer sitting here at my place. What myself and BA can't fit in our cars the rest will be taken to AB's. for others to drop by and grab. Your welcome to come here and grab some if you want. If not grab some and Andy's if your going past.

No worries.
I'm planning on meeting you lot at AB's and travelling in your convoy. So I'll stuff what I can in when we get there....

MudRunnerTD
19th August 2013, 11:38 PM
In my GPS Winnie . Got moroka hut and hut car park as well if you need .

Moroka Hut

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2013/08/115.jpg

http://www.completelypuzzled.com.au/KD%20Moroka%20Hut.jpg

AB
20th August 2013, 08:43 AM
Awesome gents, I just gotta get over this bloody cold and I am good to go!!!

Bob
20th August 2013, 09:13 AM

Don't like your chances AB as I have had my Cold for 5 Weeks so far

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2013, 09:43 AM

Don't like your chances AB as I have had my Cold for 5 Weeks so far

Yeah I am into my third week! It's Sh1t! Getting worse if anything.

Working out in the cold refitting my winch under an umbrella at 10:30pm last night probably is not helping! The winch works but ;)

Winnie
20th August 2013, 09:51 AM

Working out in the cold refitting my winch under an umbrella at 10:30pm last night probably is not helping! The winch works but ;)

Will the GQ be ready? How are you going with the GU by the way?

MudRunnerTD
20th August 2013, 10:24 AM
Will the GQ be ready? How are you going with the GU by the way?

The GQ will be ready mate, ticking the list off each day. Still a few things to do but we are getting there. Still got 1 flare to fit and the 2 mudflaps. The winch is in. Need to swap out the 2 batteries from the GUIV to the GQ cause they are big and tough!

All my camping gear is sorted and ready to pack. I have insulated the swag and its ready to go. The recovery gear is all laid out.

Still got a bit to do but it's happening.

The GUIV is back from repairs and I could bring that but would never live it down ;) it has some insane XGT 50w HID on the front that are Nuts!!

krbrooking
20th August 2013, 11:11 AM
The GQ will be ready mate, ticking the list off each day. Still a few things to do but we are getting there. Still got 1 flare to fit and the 2 mudflaps. The winch is in. Need to swap out the 2 batteries from the GUIV to the GQ cause they are big and tough!

All my camping gear is sorted and ready to pack. I have insulated the swag and its ready to go. The recovery gear is all laid out.

Still got a bit to do but it's happening.

The GUIV is back from repairs and I could bring that but would never live it down ;) it has some insane XGT 50w HID on the front that are Nuts!!

Just bring them both chuck the GQ on a trailer and we can do running repairs if you don't get it done, that way we can compare the both of them.

matfew
20th August 2013, 12:32 PM
Do we have need for a generator? I got a Lil Honda eu10 I can chuck in our If we want a 4kva one that will run half the forest lighting lol.

Winnie
20th August 2013, 12:35 PM
Do we have need for a generator? I got a Lil Honda eu10 I can chuck in our If we want a 4kva one that will run half the forest lighting lol.

Nah well be right mate!

Bloodyaussie
20th August 2013, 12:49 PM

Funny I was in the cold pissing rain flushing out my cooling system. .

So far so good, will flush it again and put coolant in on Wednesday.

Tonight I have to drag all my camp gear out and sort through it.

Work is moderate this week so should be ok to get things done. ... touch wood.

mudski
20th August 2013, 04:01 PM
Picked up a litre of the Alpine fuel additive today. Fitted my crash cam as I will prolly need it, got the muffler removed from the 3inch zorst and just about to go for me. I stopped in at JB's today and picked up a GoPro Black, walked to the counter, then turned around and put it back. Man I was tempted...Having said that they had a GoPro knock off for $149 I think it was there too. Looked the same on the outside but the camera itself was red.

liftlid
20th August 2013, 04:05 PM
Can you post a photo of the additive bottle thanks

Winnie
20th August 2013, 04:10 PM
I set my swag up the other day to wash it and gave it a good soaking, left it out to dry and it started raining so I thought that would probably be good for it, it's been there since Saturday and it has not stopped raining long enough for it to dry! I set it up in the garage to let it dry, might have to put a fan on it overnight or something. Other than that I just need to get a gas bottle and I am ready!

Drewboyaus
20th August 2013, 04:43 PM
I've just installed my winch rope but wont have tree trunk protector, extension strap, snatch block etc. in time for this weekend. I assume I can make use of those belonging to thers if needed......
I have my standard recovery gear though......

AB
20th August 2013, 04:46 PM
They should have alpine on tap at licola and around there.

Winnie
20th August 2013, 04:54 PM
They should have alpine on tap at licola and around there.

Licola had regular diesel and it was $1.80/L

AB
20th August 2013, 04:56 PM

Sounds cheap...lol

Winnie
20th August 2013, 05:01 PM
And it was closed on the weekend too. The genera store and the caravan park were closed because the owners were on holidays. They are back tomorrow though

Maxhead
20th August 2013, 05:03 PM
Did a job at Jindabyne today and just wanted to drive straight up those mountains!!!!!33172

Winnie
20th August 2013, 05:08 PM
That's an awesome photo Kris!

Hey guys has everybody seen the thread Cuppa posted this morning? I'm on my phone so can't attach it but he lives at 600m and had heaps of snow at his house, cannot wait!

threedogs
20th August 2013, 05:42 PM
This is my sleeping bag minus 10 very toastie combined with my roo pelt doona It very warm,
never been cold yet

Maxhead
20th August 2013, 05:46 PM

I thought all those areas would have alpine diesel?? All Canberra servos have alpine stuff

liftlid
20th August 2013, 05:47 PM
This is my sleeping bag minus 10 very toastie combined with my roo pelt doona It very warm,
never been cold yet

I think I will believe it when I see it!

Maxhead
20th August 2013, 06:17 PM
Hey Chrisso, you bringing a chinsaw???

Winnie
20th August 2013, 06:27 PM
Hey Chrisso, you bringing a chinsaw???

Yeah mate definitely. Gonna put a new chain of before the weekend too.

Maxhead
20th August 2013, 06:28 PM
Yeah mate definitely. Gonna put a new chain of before the weekend too.

Cool, I'll leave mine at home then..cheers

Bloodyaussie
20th August 2013, 06:38 PM
I'll be bringing mine and Rossco will be bringing the beast...

Oh god I am so excited I want to punch someone in the neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maxhead
20th August 2013, 06:44 PM
I'll be bringing mine and Rossco will be bringing the beast...

Oh god I am so excited I want to punch someone in the neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you tried punching yourself yet?..lol

taslucas
20th August 2013, 06:45 PM

would save a lot of time and effort really........

Bloodyaussie
20th August 2013, 06:47 PM

You two crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!

AB
20th August 2013, 07:21 PM
Hey I need a hand from someone who is going to the meet up.

Does anyone have jail broken iPhone who can help me test something.

You must know how to install an ipa file to test an app for me?

Pleeeeze!!!

AB
20th August 2013, 07:23 PM
I just tested it on my jb iPad using ifile and appcake but i need to test on a device that has its own gps. My crappy iPad does not.

BigRAWesty
20th August 2013, 07:24 PM
You know you could just use an android phone and do it all legally ;)

Winnie
20th August 2013, 07:27 PM
If nobody can help you I have an old iPhone and could get you to walk me through the process

AB
20th August 2013, 07:28 PM
You know you could just use an android phone and do it all legally ;)

This is 100% legal. It's my app I designed but crapple won't let me test it so I need to test it on a jb device.

Well jb is illegal but this is for testing purposes only....lol

AB
20th August 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm bloody surprised licola doesn't have alpine too Winnie.

NissanGQ4.2
20th August 2013, 07:31 PM
This is 100% legal. It's my app I designed but crapple won't let me test it so I need to test it on a jb device.

Well jb is illegal but this is for testing purposes only....lol

Or you could just finish the android app and give it to me to finish testing :)

taslucas
20th August 2013, 07:45 PM
Or you could just finish the android app and give it to me to finish testing :)

X2....................

Drewboyaus
20th August 2013, 07:48 PM
I'm bloody surprised licola doesn't have alpine too Winnie.

Only place I've ever seen alpine diesel is in Mansfield.

Winnie
20th August 2013, 08:03 PM
X2....................

Xeleventymillionplusone

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

boots
20th August 2013, 09:06 PM
Make your own alpine diesel fellas . 2 stroke mineral oil -cheaper the better . mixed at 200 - 1 ratio . 90 litre tank, 450ml of oil . note - must be mineral oil only , just mixed with regular diesel and all is good .

Winnie
20th August 2013, 09:07 PM
Kris posted a link to a thing on how to make it using kerosene too... I think I'll just buy the additive and be done with it.

krbrooking
20th August 2013, 09:47 PM
Make your own alpine diesel fellas . 2 stroke mineral oil -cheaper the better . mixed at 200 - 1 ratio . 90 litre tank, 450ml of oil . note - must be mineral oil only , just mixed with regular diesel and all is good .

Yeh I just went and bought some was only $30 to treat 130l. Will dig out all the camp gear out Tom and get it all ready. Do all the usual checks like oil, water and so on. When should I put the additive in once u fill up or when we get to camp.

Winnie
20th August 2013, 09:54 PM
Just before you fill up

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

mudski
20th August 2013, 09:58 PM
I have just arrived now down at Pt.Lonsdale to do some work at the DSE in Forest tomorrow. I will be back home tomorrow night. I can't remember the brand too :/ But SCA had to order it in. If you want to find out what it was, ring SCA in Thomastown and ask for Chris. He got it for me.

Edit : Brain fart gone now... it was a lucas product called Extreme Cold temp treatment. All I need for the two tanks was a litre bottle and even that will do it three times.

Drewboyaus
20th August 2013, 10:11 PM
For once its nice to own an TB42........

mudski
20th August 2013, 10:17 PM
For once its nice to own an TB42........

When? :) Trol lol lol.

AB
20th August 2013, 10:48 PM
2 days....

krbrooking
20th August 2013, 11:23 PM

I will take a pick of what I bought Tom and post it up.

liftlid
20th August 2013, 11:58 PM
I have just arrived now down at Pt.Lonsdale to do some work at the DSE in Forest tomorrow. I will be back home tomorrow night. I can't remember the brand too :/ But SCA had to order it in. If you want to find out what it was, ring SCA in Thomastown and ask for Chris. He got it for me.

Edit : Brain fart gone now... it was a lucas product called Extreme Cold temp treatment. All I need for the two tanks was a litre bottle and even that will do it three times.

Thanks that's great

krbrooking
21st August 2013, 02:58 PM
Here is the stuff I bought.

Winnie
21st August 2013, 04:08 PM
Where did you find that kev?
Edit: never mind, found it at supercheap.

threedogs
21st August 2013, 04:25 PM
How are you cooking as most gas cookers don't like altitude, just a thought, other than the 12v pie warmer

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 04:30 PM
How are you cooking as most gas cookers don't like altitude, just a thought, other than the 12v pie warmer

Been discussed already mate!!!

Alitis007
21st August 2013, 04:32 PM
Apart from warm clothing and blankets and stuff and wood what else should i bring ???

Made my snorkel on the weekend and fitted it up, serviced, tuned, greased and adjusted everything on the trol, going to adjust my tappets tonight and going to put the 33's on friday night. Have i forgotten anything ?? Lol

Winnie
21st August 2013, 05:22 PM
Can't wait to see your snorkel George. Other than that, beer and food should see you alright I would think?

I have gotta get a gas bottle, pick up my chainsaw, buy food and beer, pack the car and then I should be good to go early in the morning! Have got an absolute ripper of a drive planned for Kev, Bryden, Kris and I in the morning!!!

Sir Roofy
21st August 2013, 05:27 PM
holy shit! Just talking to a customer at work who actually went up to mcfarlanes saddle on sunday and he said there was snow a foot deep!!

its probably 3ft now after the cold weather

Winnie
21st August 2013, 05:29 PM
its probably 3ft now after the cold weather

I hope so! Haha this is going to be so much fun

Sir Roofy
21st August 2013, 05:40 PM
i hope so! Haha this is going to be so much fun

just got home from the bottom end of moroka and from what i saw your going to be cold

Winnie
21st August 2013, 05:43 PM
Woohoo did you come across much of the white stuff at all, or could you see it up the hill?

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2013, 05:59 PM
Well decided I might buy a little dome tent big enough to fit the swag inside to hold in some heat and protect from the wind.

Went into BCF on the way to Rays Tent City where I could get a small one for $49.

BCF had an auto pop tent with 4 different tickets on it! So I had to go ask for help!

One of the tickets was a 40% off but the deal finish 10 days ago!!

The tent was $179! Bugger that I thought! Especially without the 40% off which the guy ripped off as I showed it to him!

So I say " yeah nah to expensive for me mate" "hangon I will ask the boss as the ticket was there"

Back Ina jiff, he will honour the discount.!!

So up to the counter I go with the $179 tent less 40% the boss is standing there and tells the girl to mark it down 40% and put it in as an incorrect price.

It rung up at $40 not 40% discount and the boss said "ah stuff it that will do" "they were $79 so that's ok"

Paid and got the Fark out of there!!

HAPPY DAYS!!

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2013, 06:00 PM

Sir Roofy
21st August 2013, 06:00 PM
woohoo did you come across much of the white stuff at all, or could you see it up the hill?

saw it up and across where you going and more to come

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 06:42 PM
saw it up and across where you going and more to come

I had to read that 5 times before I understood??

AB
21st August 2013, 06:45 PM
Good score Dazz...holy crap I haven't done anything or packed anything....lol.

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 06:47 PM
Mark and myself might just head straight down and tag along with Kev as you guys are not going the super fun way now....

Winnie
21st August 2013, 06:48 PM
I had to read that 5 times before I understood??

I got it in one mate, but what else would we expect from you? Bahahaah

taslucas
21st August 2013, 06:57 PM
For that price darren you could leave it there when you leave!

Drewboyaus
21st August 2013, 07:06 PM
Mark and myself might just head straight down and tag along with Kev as you guys are not going the super fun way now....

Did I miss something?

Winnie
21st August 2013, 07:08 PM

Trust me the trip I have planned is awesome, but you're not invited anyway. I don't want to be your sloppy seconds!

taslucas
21st August 2013, 07:42 PM
Trust me the trip I have planned is awesome, but you're not invited anyway. I don't want to be your sloppy seconds!

you want jonathan all to yourself?

Winnie
21st August 2013, 08:14 PM
I would have liked to be his first choice!

mudski
21st August 2013, 08:18 PM
Jonathan. FECK THIS! You wanna leave before 7am? I'll need to stop at Macca's for brekky and having my morning poo. So that and hour gone already.

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 08:25 PM
Jonathan. FECK THIS! You wanna leave before 7am? I'll need to stop at Macca's for brekky and having my morning poo. So that and hour gone already.

Not fussed mate........ I am happy to leave early and make the most of the day.

AB
21st August 2013, 08:39 PM
Awesome...just started to pack and thought i would open the trailblazer up and see what to take. The freezer has died stunk like a dead body and I lost 300 bucks of meat....yay!

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 08:40 PM
Awesome...just started to pack and thought i would open the trailblazer up and see what to take. The freezer has died stunk like a dead body and I lost 300 bucks of meat....yay!

What a prick!!!!!!!!

So rancid meat for your trip then hey?

krbrooking
21st August 2013, 08:44 PM

Unlucky AB. But how do you know what a dead body smells like.

AB
Unlucky AB. But how do you know what a dead body smells like.
You'll find out on the weekend if my Waeco dies....lol

I swear I must of kicked a hundred cats in a past life!!!!

taslucas
What a prick!!!!!!!!

So rancid meat for your trip then hey?

wet jerky it is!

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2013, 08:49 PM

Blame ya dad for giving you a dodgy old fridge mate!!

AB
21st August 2013, 08:57 PM
Blame ya dad for giving you a dodgy old fridge mate!!

It has worked fine for 20 years through 3 simpson trips, 3 Fraser Island, carpenter rocks, 100 times in the high country, Howard High Plains, WA, Kimberleys, Tasmania and about 500 trips on the murray. It has been with my brother for the last 5 years and I bloody finally get my hands on it for a week.......DIES!!!!

Winnie
21st August 2013, 08:58 PM

Are you sure it wasn't the famous Batty family wiring that failed? LMAO

AB
21st August 2013, 09:01 PM
Are you sure it wasn't the famous Batty family wiring that failed? LMAO

I havent looked at it properly but you never know...lol

I'm so pissed right now!!!!

I think I did hear the compressor trying to work though but I can't be sure and Im not going back into the bungalow anymore tonight.

I just finished cleaning the rotten meat and blood and thats enough gagging for one evening thanks lads...lol

AB
21st August 2013, 09:05 PM
Yeah the compressor makes noise but no joy.

MudRunnerTD
21st August 2013, 09:06 PM
It has worked fine for 20 years through 3 simpson trips, 3 Fraser Island, carpenter rocks, 100 times in the high country, Howard High Plains, WA, Kimberleys, Tasmania and about 500 trips on the murray. It has been with my brother for the last 5 years and I bloody finally get my hands on it for a week.......DIES!!!!

Sorry AB but that is funny as Fark mate ;)

Winnie
21st August 2013, 09:10 PM
Reminds me, I need to clean out my Engel and turn it on hahaha.

AB
21st August 2013, 09:15 PM
I just need my new TravelBuddy oven to die in the snow and we are good to go for an AB flip out!!!!

Winnie
21st August 2013, 09:19 PM
Did you sort out where to mount it?

Rossco
21st August 2013, 09:20 PM
Have we got any tracks planned out yet . . . Billy goats bluff in the snow could be fun! I think we should expect a fair bit of snow, was up at Warburton yesterday and Mt Donna had a fair cover and that's only just over 1000M! Can't wait, time to start packing. . .

AB
21st August 2013, 09:24 PM
Did you sort out where to mount it?

Passenger floor...lol

Ive ran out of time for this trip.

Two ideas...

1) I'm going to build a little box behind the fridge where the oven will mount on so you can get access to it using the back passenger door. The box will also have a flip lid to get access inside.

2) Mount a box around the Waeco (leaving room for ventilation) and mount the oven ontop of box above Waeco so you can get access at the rear and just slide Fridge out to get access to fridge.

It has to be one of those two spots. I need the right hand side clear for my bed on solo trips like this and the power outlets are on that side too.

It's actually a bigger oven than I thought...lol. It would fit 2 medium pizzas for sure!

mudski
21st August 2013, 09:27 PM
It's actually a bigger oven than I thought...lol. It would fit 2 medium pizzas for sure!
AB's making pizza's for us on Sat'dy night! Yippee!

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 09:32 PM
I just need my new TravelBuddy oven to die in the snow and we are good to go for an AB flip out!!!!

This could be very entertaining..!!!

Winnie
21st August 2013, 09:33 PM
Have we got any tracks planned out yet . . . Billy goats bluff in the snow could be fun! I think we should expect a fair bit of snow, was up at Warburton yesterday and Mt Donna had a fair cover and that's only just over 1000M! Can't wait, time to start packing. . .

Wing it? Lol. Billy Goats is closed unfortunately...

Drewboyaus
21st August 2013, 09:36 PM
So what time are people leaving and in what directions are they heading?

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 09:39 PM
So what time are people leaving and in what directions are they heading?

From what I know... Me and Marky mark are leaving from here early Friday morning, Rossco and AB are also leaving early Friday from there place and Kev and Bryden are leaving from the western suburbs early..

matfew
21st August 2013, 09:40 PM
I was thinking the same. I am getting there. all oils are changed in the big girl. Motor is fresh but box, transfer n both diffs done now.

So what is the plan. I am coming from Gisborne and happy to leave here early to meet people somewhere. Where is a comon meeting point? If its someones house can they PM a address and a time.

How capable are everyones car. I will be running 33's this weekend. to much other work needed to get the 35's to fit properly. along with not enough time at home to get them changed over lol.

I have a choice of MT Claws or BF MT's. What would the recommendation be?

I'll be dragging along swag, fridge, food, beer, recovery gear, me myself & I. Chair, small table.

How were we cooking again. Do I need to sort something out for that?

Bloodyaussie
21st August 2013, 09:46 PM
I was thinking the same. I am getting there. all oils are changed in the big girl. Motor is fresh but box, transfer n both diffs done now.

So what is the plan. I am coming from Gisborne and happy to leave here early to meet people somewhere. Where is a comon meeting point? If its someones house can they PM a address and a time.

How capable are everyones car. I will be running 33's this weekend. to much other work needed to get the 35's to fit properly. along with not enough time at home to get them changed over lol.

I have a choice of MT Claws or BF MT's. What would the recommendation be?

I'll be dragging along swag, fridge, food, beer, recovery gear, me myself & I. Chair, small table.

How were we cooking again. Do I need to sort something out for that?

You are welcome to travel with Mudski and myself... I think we are now talking about leaving here about 7am????

We are in Thomastown/Millpark area.... otherwise Kev and Bryden are coming from Werribee way about the same time?

AB
21st August 2013, 09:48 PM
I think from Gisborne mate you would be better off meeting BloodyAussie and Mark (Mudski).

Are you blokes still meeting at my place on the Friday morning or not?

Drewboyaus
21st August 2013, 09:51 PM
I think from Gisborne mate you would be better off meeting BloodyAussie and Mark (Mudski).

I'm happy to meet up and travel with you and Rossco....I'll be leaving my joint about 7am (everything going according to plan). I'll PM you my mobile.

AB
21st August 2013, 09:57 PM
I'm happy to meet up and travel with you and Rossco....I'll be leaving my joint about 7am (everything going according to plan). I'll PM you my mobile.

I just spoke to Rossco and we are going to meet up with everyone at Traralgon at 10am but we'll go a different way rather than boring old Eastlink/Monash carpark.

Is that we're we are still meeting?

Yeah mate come with us, much more enjoyable ride then Freeway carpark!!!!!

mudski
21st August 2013, 09:58 PM

No point us andy going all the way up to you then coming back down to the freeway. Ah feck it! I have the trailer to bring up! I might bring it up tomorrow.
Darren! Which way are you going? Still past Andy's?