PDA

View Full Version : advise wanted please

The Big Rig
12th July 2013, 05:08 PM
hey all, i have a 2002 series 3 gu with 3.0L motor, manual, it had oil leaking from around the seals where the injector lines go into the motor. i put in the mechanic shop to get them replaced, just got home and noticed the motor doesn't shut off straight away when i turn the key off and has a shutter. have had a bit of a read about other with similar problem and got a little confused, just wondering if anyone had any ideas why this is happening. is it something to do with the work i had done or just a coincidence.

a little info on car, only bought 2 weeks ago and noticed the oil leak when i got home with it. car has 230000k's on it. was told by previous owner he had a solid fly wheel recently fitted(i think that's what you call it). starts and runs fine. any input is appreciated. cheers

paulyg
12th July 2013, 05:14 PM
Take it back to the mechanic first Big Rig,
Seems to much of a coincidence to me.

The Big Rig
12th July 2013, 05:19 PM
will do that first thing monday, they are closed now, just seeing if anyone had any ideas on what may be causing it. cheers

threedogs
12th July 2013, 05:21 PM
X 2 take it back and explain whats happening now that wasn't happening before,
Grab some MAF cleaner from SCA while you're out and about

CrossCountry
13th July 2013, 07:14 PM
I'd get it back to the mechanic too. Maybe he's got some dirt into the tube when he's removed it to fit new seals.
Can't understand why it's running on though.