PDA

View Full Version : vibration/nioce in roof.

stewie32
11th July 2013, 10:16 PM
Hi all,
I have a vibration noise coming from up in the mid to rear of our 06 patrol wagon roof. Happens on corrugations etc. I think that the patrol had some issue with some support coming away and vibrating. How big a job to pull roof lining out and where to start. Thinking I would sikaflex them back to stop it. Any help appreciated.

threedogs
12th July 2013, 05:47 PM
Remove the interior light and squeeze a dab of Sixaflex in that way .
or remove rear moulding you may find loose bit that way. let us know how you go.
Could even be old antenna wires maybe

stewie32
14th July 2013, 08:38 PM
I think its the roof supports across the roof. I think glue becomes brittle and lets go. Need to work out how the lining comes out.

Mattonpatrol
15th July 2013, 09:25 AM
sickaflex and all those things are really good stuff... But if you cant put enough of in in their it will end up separating agin later on... my advice is look up how to pull down the roof lining which is not to hard at all... then atleast when you do that, you have the full view of whats going on under their and will be able to get some good ol sickaflex under their.... don't forget especially being a 4WD their will always be a big amout of vibration and when 4wding the roof takes quite abit of stress from bumps and abit of flexing and bending....

Keep it dark, keep it real

stewie32
15th July 2013, 08:46 PM
sickaflex and all those things are really good stuff... But if you cant put enough of in in their it will end up separating agin later on... my advice is look up how to pull down the roof lining which is not to hard at all... then atleast when you do that, you have the full view of whats going on under their and will be able to get some good ol sickaflex under their.... don't forget especially being a 4WD their will always be a big amout of vibration and when 4wding the roof takes quite abit of stress from bumps and abit of flexing and bending....

Keep it dark, keep it real

Yea had a quick look and it would seem the way to go. Just got to work out how the lining comes out of the side trims. Time will be a factor too. Ill keep the updates coming.