PDA

View Full Version : Where would the water come from?

trekster
11th July 2013, 08:15 PM
Hello all, went to pull my trims up along the doors today to reveal channel so i could run cable for reversing camera, passenger side had water in the channel! Checked drivers side water in that channel too wtf???? I'm gonna guess then why my car was at panel beaters they haven't revealed my front windscreen properly??

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Cheers,
Eric.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

trekster
11th July 2013, 08:18 PM
On further examination there is dampness right up to the rear, unsure if it is leaking from rear side windows into track then down to the front, or in front and when driving some is ending up in the back....

Very weird.

nissannewby
11th July 2013, 08:23 PM
Been through any water crossings? The water can come in from the sills, they use the same panel which has a hole behind the kick panels in the cab.

trekster
11th July 2013, 08:25 PM
A small water crossing last weekend, would have only been a foot maybe foot and a half deep....

trekster
11th July 2013, 08:26 PM
Looking along the back though, is evidence of surface rust, so this has been happening for a little bit, I've had my car back for about 6 weeks now, if it is leaking through the window surely that would be enough time to start rusting up?

nissannewby
11th July 2013, 08:27 PM
Also check all the grommets in the engine bay, I had one that had popped out and when it rained heavy enough or I washed it water would come in like pictured.

trekster
11th July 2013, 08:32 PM
Yeah fair enough, only reason why I think windscreen is that car was in panel beaters for spraying and fixing, I reckon they haven't sealed the window properly.

nissannewby
11th July 2013, 08:49 PM
Yeah if its the windscreen jump in and get someone to hose the windscreen. Its unlikely it will leak from the bottom as the water would have to travel up to get into the cab by the design of the vehicle. But the hose will hopefully make it easy to find. I discovered mine when I felt it drip on my foot one night when driving in the rain.

Cuppa
11th July 2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3662-water-on-my-floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trekster
11th July 2013, 10:13 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?3662-water-on-my-floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Cuppa, Wouldn't surprise me in the least bit of those rubber sock things you mentioned were missing, the grill was removed for painting as I believe the window was as well (I have a couple of spots of sealant on the dash) Gives me plenty of places to start though!

Cheers.

trekster
18th July 2013, 08:28 PM
Looks like I may have found the culprit, the firewall grommet on drivers side definitely appears to be letting water in, although I couldn't find any on the passengers one water has run over the top so most likely same entry. Need to make up some covers or something to divert the water!

Cheers,
Eric.

04OFF
18th July 2013, 08:52 PM
Sikaflex is your friend ! :biggrin:

trekster
19th July 2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah I got in there today and sealed the passenger side up no problems, The drivers side was harder as I sealed from the inside out, can't see in there so unsure if I got it all, but I also ran a bead of seal up top above the firewall to divert the water in the drain in the corner rather then running down the firewall, so that my help with my problem!

Cheers,
Eric.